Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intentional dangerous play

Go down 
+25
Lee36328
Duval_S
kevlee69
aerosmith10
alvin7379
duffader
pushslice
shorthitter
Roystonnn
nientsu
sunny
asahi
Tituman
Khorkar
TDO
nismo88
iron eagle
TheFocalPoint
andrew-golf
Bangla123
Begbie
pocketace
tronos
w_chiang
Itsuki
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:50 pm

Bro, fact is... in MY, anything goes. Its not like SG where everything is prim and proper.

If you think that you are expecting NSRCC class of service .... you will be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Bro, fact is... in MY, anything goes. Its not like SG where everything is prim and proper.

If you think that you are expecting NSRCC class of service .... you will be disappointed.

Bro,

I am not expecting NSRCC class of service. This is a basic requirement and that is to be at least considerate to fellow golfers and follow the rules. If this simple requirement is so difficult follow they should not be playing golf. Better off being a mafia. By the way, are you saying NSRCC is providing 1st Class service?

Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:32 pm

Bro Asahi,

Ya, not very tall (less than 1.6m), about 50's of age but the most obvious feature is his tinted glasses... Cool ... haaa... can't missed from miles away.. n yes, he has reputation of talking loudly and rudely at the counter..

Calling the marshals is useless in poresia.. money talks there... i have seen 2 balls flight during my Sat mornings there... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:33 pm

Bro TDO, poresia is all about the money now.. it no longer maintain the high standards that it used to command.. sad... Sad
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:38 pm

None... its just comparison whereby the marshal actually gives a toss. Just that if you being there long enough and with its condition, i guess you probably live with it or prefer not to play there. Its just how it is. Just take it with a pinch of salt.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Itsuki wrote:
Bro Asahi,

Ya, not very tall (less than 1.6m), about 50's of age but the most obvious feature is his tinted glasses... Cool ... haaa... can't missed from miles away.. n yes, he has reputation of talking loudly and rudely at the counter..

Calling the marshals is useless in poresia.. money talks there... i have seen 2 balls flight during my Sat mornings there... Evil or Very Mad

Bro,

Do you encounter problems with 2 ball flightss? I am one of those (though rarely nowadays) who can't find another member to join to form a 3 ball. I don't go around pressuring the group in front because I know 2 balls play faster. As such, we stay away from the tee box or our next shot to avoid pressuring the group in front. This is suppose to be the spirit of the game. Do you think it's our selfish intention to play 2 balls? We are already penalised for: a) By being given the last flight, b) Penalised for extra buggy charge, c) Penalised further by Starter hinting/asking for money so as to be allowed to play 2 balls.

IMHO, the least the club could do is to assist members to join flight. Granted the Japs/Koreans may not want strangers in their group because of the language barrier but again this is a gentleman's game. Personally, I would welcome anyone wanting to join my flight if there is available slots, regardless of race.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:52 pm

Itsuki wrote:
Bro Asahi,

Oh yes yes.....the tinted glasses. hahahaha.

Yea.....that silly old chap. Still waiting for him to cross my path.

hmm.....I did highlight the 2 balls flight that happen sometimes........but marshall told me they paid full price of the flight. So yes.....$$$$ talks. hiaz....

Last edited by asahi on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 12:05 am

Well just take his balls and continue going on with the game. He'll run out of balls soon.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 1:04 am

Yes, fortunately or unfiortunately money does work sometimes. Thanks to the poor club that many members, including myself, joined. But again, it's not my intention to play 2 balls. Just that my friend and me are not as fortunate as some members here who are able to form a flight. So please do not goad that money works. It's not what some of you think it is.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:06 am

If there is a 2 ball behind and they are playing fast. Then let the go first. Its the right thing to do. look on the bright side, at least the 2 ball can help to clear the front flights for you. Nothing wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:18 am

Khorkar are u the one I cycle down to MacPherson to meet u the last time?

U were selling the Maruman M sole 3 wood right?

U member of Poresia? Ha ha lucky thing now I don't play Saturday,

otherwise will meet the tinted sunglass man?

In life just give and take, we don't live on this planet earth forever,

and be strong forever.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 1:09 pm

Asahi: next time, point out who the tinted glassed old man is okie?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 1:26 pm

iron eagle wrote:
Khorkar are u the one I cycle down to MacPherson to meet u the last time?

U were selling the Maruman M sole 3 wood right?

U member of Poresia? Ha ha lucky thing now I don't play Saturday,

otherwise will meet the tinted sunglass man?

In life just give and take, we don't live on this planet earth forever,

and be strong forever.

Sorry, dont use Maruman. Dont think we've met bef. Not member of Poresia and dont play on weekend. Too crowded there la.

Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 1:41 pm

Cun believe there is such hooligan golfer..
Good thread..

Now i can start tinkin how my reaction should b, towards such golfer.

Prolly, keep the balls like Sunny.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Khorkar wrote:

I was trying to give course lesson today at NSRCC and the 2 flights of mates in front formed an 8 ball... With all the mulligans there were about 12 tee shots..

Holding up so many people... And one bloke that cannot hit the ball is coaching everyone else that cannot hit the ball also!

I had to leave student there 2 hours for 4 holes... Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:08 pm

AK, is it at NSRCC Par 3?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:20 pm

There was a scene at kranji this morning too. And it involves the flight with the former CAF, but then again, grow up lah, he thinks he owns the golf course and even came to me and ask me to speed up, but of course i gave him shit... Damn happy that I am no longer part of that crappy community.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:33 pm

pushslice wrote:
AK, is it at NSRCC Par 3?

Yes bro, but it really is no problem we go to those places knowing it is for beginners, my only issue was leaving the student behind, as long as people having fun and enjoying golf everything fine.

On an 18 hole course under normal conditions maybe not so passive.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:38 pm

duffader wrote:
There was a scene at kranji this morning too. And it involves the flight with the former CAF, but then again, grow up lah, he thinks he owns the golf course and even came to me and ask me to speed up, but of course i gave him shit... Damn happy that I am no longer part of that crappy community.

It is so disgusting seeing those bunch of uncles scolding each other using childish remarks... They are practically shouting into each other's face... Oblivious to the presence of other golfers ard them... Military or not.. They just look like 2 dogs fighting over poop to me... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:42 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
duffader wrote:

It is so disgusting seeing those bunch of uncles scolding each other using childish remarks... They are practically shouting into each other's face... Oblivious to the presence of other golfers ard them... Military or not.. They just look like 2 dogs fighting over poop to me... Evil or Very Mad

I think the flight with the Ex military guy started it lah. After that Bo Ji ten call marshal. They should have call initially instead of shouting at people to speed up.

Btw, which 5-star restaurant u bring your mrs to later? Pocket pa pa.... If u have make those putts, u can buy zen Liao.
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:46 pm

拖你的福咯! tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:58 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
拖你的福咯! tongue

拿不起来, 还敢讲, 你四张蓝, 我四张红!没天理!
Back to top Go down
aerosmith10
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 6:20 pm

duffader wrote:

just curious. which former caf? l
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:23 pm

It's not the Ng brothers, before that I think. Think his surname starts with L.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:33 pm

duffader wrote:
alvin7379 wrote:
拖你的福咯! tongue

拿不起来, 还敢讲, 你四张蓝, 我四张红!没天理!

Why blue and red?
Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intentional dangerous play
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next