Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intentional dangerous play

Go down 
+25
Lee36328
Duval_S
kevlee69
aerosmith10
alvin7379
duffader
pushslice
shorthitter
Roystonnn
nientsu
sunny
asahi
Tituman
Khorkar
TDO
nismo88
iron eagle
TheFocalPoint
andrew-golf
Bangla123
Begbie
pocketace
tronos
w_chiang
Itsuki
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

Intentional dangerous play Empty
PostSubject: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Hi all

Would like to hear the comments from fellow GRians on my encounter.

Few weeks back, during my game in Poresia JB, my flight encountered a very unpleasant incident. When we were JUST walking off the green, one guy from the flight behind immediately fired his approach shot and the ball landed very near my flightmate. We were shocked and I responded by shouting back to him why he cannot wait for us to go off the green. The culprit still can have the audacity to reply "Cannot, who tell you all to be so slow!". Shocked

We waited for him to approach the green and confronted him. Although obviously very upset, we kept our composure and tell him off for not waiting. The culprit is totally unremorseful and said that we deserved it because we are very slow in our play. Mad Anyone who has experience playing in Poresia knows that the flights are jam packed and pace of slow will always be slow. Considering he is also a regular, he should know better. True enough, after that, without us even trying, we were waiting at each and every hole.

The thing that pissed us off the most is that his arrogant and hooligan kind of behavior. He justified his own wrongful action by arguing that we are slow in playing and that we are strolling off the green. Even at the point where we said we will file a formal complaint, he can say he is not afraid and tell us to please proceed with the complaint.

In the end, we did filed the complaint. Strange enough, we did not hear any more from the club and 2 weeks ago, I saw the culprit in the clubhouse again. The person can still make sarcastic remarks to my face that "People who cannot walk properly should not be playing golf!" Mad Mad Mad Mad As a civilised person, I choose to ignore him.

What I want to know is for such barbaric action, what kind of action should the club take against this person.
Back to top Go down
w_chiang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
w_chiang

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:42 pm

In Singapore such action would result in at least 3 months suspension from play.
It is worse that he intentionally hit the ball at you.
If he was a guest, the member would get suspended.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:47 pm

this is common......btw in Malaysia, should do what they do......

anyway here also very common in MBGC.....the problem is the flight behind you think they are very fast but in fact the flight behind them is cursing how slow they are....

The guy at the back always think the guys in front are slow....

Anyway in a golf course, it also not civilized to wait and confront the guy, shouting back also not civilized.....the civilized way is to pick up the ball cause its a gift from heaven cause there is no way a person will endanger another human being by hitting a golf ball near them (especially if he never shout 'fore')

the correct way is to let them pass THEN chase them...

just checking, did he shout 'fore' cause some ppl think they are very pro can sure land in the green....but ended up outside the green

Last edited by tronos on Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:49 pm

It is sad to hear things like that. U have already done the right thing by lodging an official complaint. There are a lot of d#&kheads in this world who choose to dump their personal garbage on others. Try not to let such behavior consume u...
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:25 pm

I bet if you look like him...

Intentional dangerous play Bruce-10

Now see if he dare try bully...

Sorry to hear that... but i've seen on weekdays in poresia, a flight can consist of 8 balls or 4 buggies.. and also I've see many buggies going into fairway, no consideration of the rule buggy on track..
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:42 pm

It is stated very clearly in most golf club ruling that you must wait for the flight in front to clear off the green and move off to the next hole before you hit your shot. You should pass a remark back to him that people with no etiquette should not be allowed to play golf
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Obviously uncultered swine.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:10 pm

If its Malaysia I use my wedge and hit it straight back to him

U can jolly well file a civil suite against him for endangerment n attempted battery

Cos it's clear in the rule of golf that safety is paramount

Once a ball hit u from height or from distance, it's certain dismemberment n serious injury, maybe even death

Sue the golf club too for failing to take action.

I dun see why u will not win

Anyway do not b afraid to walk up to him a Suan him. If he scold vulgarities, with witnesses, that's another civil suite

Use the law to ur advantage
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:48 pm

In case anyone is wondering, no, the idiot did not shout ball or fore to warn us. We heard a 'thud', turn around just to see the ball running towards us...

If the clubhouse did not take this matter into hand, what is my recourse? Cannot stand seeing his f-up face each time and have to put up with his sarcastic remarks..
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:56 pm

Bro Begbie, sad to say it is common for members in Poresia to flout the rules regarding the buggy on the fairway. The funny thing is, these are also the same members complaining that their balls get plucked in the fairway easily.. I guess some people just ain't suitable for this game.. If they are so much in a rush to finish their game, why not just stick to playing in the range then???? They can whack all their balls as fast as they want and no one will hold them back..

In Australia, the golfers there have better etiquette.. If they find they are being chased on the flight behind, usually they will approach the flight to play thru.. This game is tough enough without some boozos tailgating you from behind...
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 12:01 am

I would have taken 42 practice swings for each shot and hold my putting pose for at least 2 minutes before puttin... just to piss him off
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 12:07 am

Haaa... Wanted to do that but my waist can't take it... Laughing

But seriously speaking, i know we all have experience where we find the flight in front excruciating slow but c'mon man... Use your brains lah.. What if the ball really hit my friend??? As someone of elderly age, shouldn't he have more common sense than that????

I sincerely hope the club take serious view on this issue. If not, it would only encourage him more (that he can get away with it)... Something bad is bound to happen one day....
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 12:10 am

Bro Andrew, seriously we can take the club to order if they really did not act on my complaint? I'm no lawyer... But till date, I have yet to hear anything from the club management...
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 9:52 am

Poresia Manager, owner's son gone back to Japan, was asked to return home by his father.
his father said he spend too much money on buggies, but look at the condition of Poresia buggy, it's worst than write buggies in SG.

Now back to the slow players. On weekend if the front flight is Japanese or Korean golfers mati lah! they are the slowest of the lot. They don't let u over take. They will take their own sweet time irregardless of back flight! Back flight golfers off course get frustrated!
As one one my pal said Play slow is an ART!

We play 3 ball on weekdays at Poresia we are fast players most of the time the flight
in front would wait for us at the next Tee Box for us to over take them, as they know they are slow and beginners golfers, this should be the way, we alway thank them for letting us thru. So far we alway wait for the flight to clear b4 we drive the ball.

Buggy on fairway, we drive into the fairway being one of my kaki has heart by pass so can't
walk too much or over exert himself, but he's a good golfer, sadly he passed away at Palm Resort 1st hole, being hot temper, he dropped dead after topping twice. I did not
hole I did not play with him that day! Very sad indeed and we misssed him!

That's golf!

Last edited by iron eagle on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Wow... That give me a new perspective of controlling my emotions during golf... I have came a long way since thoe days when i would be very expressive after bad shots.. I still have my fair share of shanks and duffs now but i reckon im able to keep my cool better... Consequently my game improved too... tongue like one of my kakis said.. You paid good money to play.. Why get angry and spoil your day... But that's another topic altogether..

I do agree that there are quite a number of japanese/korean players in poresia that is very slow but same goes for the singaporean golfers too.. In poresia, you need to have decent drives to clear the water hazards, esp from the blue tees... So often i see golfers that teed off from the blue when they struggled with those distances.. Then they would spent time trying to find their balls.. Try to hit off from the rough and then get into all sorts of problems.. I always wonder why they make their own game so difficult.. Ego issue i guess..
Back to top Go down
nismo88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
nismo88

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:06 am

Bro even if u play so badly on any day. The compliment is we r able to play 1 more round of golf w frens n kakis. We joked we laughed n we have our fair share of fun. And the best part, watever the score, we get our fair share of exercise by walking n playing golf.
N for the club that do not take action even u hv reported the incident to them I dun think they will go far la. So chill n continue to enjoy the golf.
Play in sin more often la... I play w u Razz
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:29 am

I am not sure if it would be an offence but why not published his name here so every Poresia members can see who he is. Better still if can take a picture of him and post it here.

Last edited by TDO on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:46 am

Well...your flight mate can actually lay there and pretend to be seriously hurt. Then ask for his insurance details and tell him that you still submit a claim on his insurance. Chances is that he will peeing off his pant if he doesn't have a insurance. That would teach him a lesson on teeing off early.

To enjoy aggravating them back, you can ask them to tee off before you. Then you return the favor. But remember not to use ProV1 tho.

If he is still an arrogant retard. Find out what car he is driving then puncture all 4 of his tires. Then make sure you dont play there anymore...
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:23 am

Khorkar wrote:
Well...your flight mate can actually lay there and pretend to be seriously hurt. Then ask for his insurance details and tell him that you still submit a claim on his insurance. Chances is that he will peeing off his pant if he doesn't have a insurance. That would teach him a lesson on teeing off early.

To enjoy aggravating them back, you can ask them to tee off before you. Then you return the favor. But remember not to use ProV1 tho.

If he is still an arrogant retard. Find out what car he is driving then puncture all 4 of his tires. Then make sure you dont play there anymore...

Wah u so fierce one ah..... affraid

I dun wan to fren you....
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:35 am

Tituman wrote:
Khorkar wrote:

Wah u so fierce one ah..... affraid

I dun wan to fren you....

Ha ha, I will makesure I polish your beloved Merc, spotless service. I was about to add...

In anycase, you may just choose to play on and be at peace with it. Next time, you and your mates play faster and not freaking hold up the game. Then you would have less/avoid confrontation.

Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:17 am

I dont think it is right for me to disclose the name of the retard here as the club (i assume) is still investigating. But i heard his reputation has surpassed him in poresia. Any members keen to know can just ask the counter staff. They all know him.. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 4:03 pm

I just came back from a game at Poresia today. I can't believe my eyes when I saw a bunch of Hokien Pengs (HP) playing in a flight consisting of 8 golfers talking loudly as if they own the whole course. I thought this can only happen in Thailand not in Poresia.

Obviously this bunch of HP have this lack of consideration for the flights behind. The sad thing is the marshals is not doing anything about it. I asked the reception when I check-out if 8 balls/flight are allowed and was told the obvious answer. But are they doing anything about it? I really doubt it.

I hope none of the forumers here are engage in such inconsiderate acts. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 4:21 pm

yeah its pretty common sight to see a flight of 8 balls in poresia. I may have played 5 times the most in poresia on weekdays and I've seen this on 2 occasions...

I gues on weekdays well, its pretty empty but on weekends that surprising to say the least...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Itsuki wrote:
I dont think it is right for me to disclose the name of the retard here as the club (i assume) is still investigating. But i heard his reputation has surpassed him in poresia. Any members keen to know can just ask the counter staff. They all know him.. Evil or Very Mad

Is it an old man with slight build? And he always talk very loud at the counter area?
Razz

Hmm......I usually play on Sat mornings and so far have nt seen 8 balls flight.
If it happens to me, I'd be sure to call Marshall.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:18 pm

I spoke to the reception Malay girl (not sure of her name but she put on thick make-ups) and her response it's not allowed and left it at that. It's quite pathetic adn member cannot do anything about the many problems there. No sand bottles, no raking of sands, etc...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intentional dangerous play
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next