Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you intentional turn your wrists during release?

Go down 
+6
angeldogleslie
enwee
neutralgolfer
monsterlonester
antGolf
Nam Flog
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Do you intentional turn your wrists during release? Empty
PostSubject: Do you intentional turn your wrists during release?   Do you intentional turn your wrists during release? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi all,

My experience this past few range sessions was that if I consciously and intentional turn my left wrist during the release, I achieve much better results. Gain about 10metres with my 7i, very sweet and more consistent contact, also improvement in dispersion. I am quite amazed at my findings.

After 100 balls I do feel that the left wrist is tired though. Not hurting or strained. Just feels like it has been worked.

Please feel free to share what your experience is.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
antGolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you intentional turn your wrists during release?   Do you intentional turn your wrists during release? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 7:35 pm

Be careful, might slowly develop Carpal Tunnel Symptom. I did what you are doing for months and became a casualty.. Have to stop golfing temporary and taking neuroforte daily.
Back to top Go down
monsterlonester
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you intentional turn your wrists during release?   Do you intentional turn your wrists during release? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 8:04 pm

First, I qualify that I'm not a qualified golf professional. Best to ask your coach.

Personally, I think you are going into very dangerous territory. What you are doing is called flipping and will take years to unwind it once you ingrain it into your swing.

Sure, if you time it well, the ball goes further and strike is sweet. But this kind of timing is very unreliable.

Instead, focus on pivot and core body turning into your finish position. Any wrist movement should be natural and not induced.  
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you intentional turn your wrists during release?   Do you intentional turn your wrists during release? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 10:00 am

There is a need to turn your wrist but not too excessively just with the wrist alone. Need to incorporate with the body and swing.

Good luck to your new found secret!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Do you intentional turn your wrists during release?   Do you intentional turn your wrists during release? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 10:05 am

Wrist does help. But better check with a coach before u injured yourself.
Back to top Go down
angeldogleslie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angeldogleslie

PostSubject: Re: Do you intentional turn your wrists during release?   Do you intentional turn your wrists during release? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 10:26 am

For me, i find that there is a need for the wrist to flip-over but the action of "flipping over" comes from the torso and shoulder rotation, as i release the club.
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you intentional turn your wrists during release?   Do you intentional turn your wrists during release? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 10:32 am

neutralgolfer wrote:
There is a need to turn your wrist but not too excessively just with the wrist alone. Need to incorporate with the body and swing.

Good luck to your new found secret!

Yes yes......definitely not excessive. Still turning my core and shifting laterally.

Thanks for all the comments. Key is not to get injured.
Back to top Go down
kwannick
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
kwannick

PostSubject: Re: Do you intentional turn your wrists during release?   Do you intentional turn your wrists during release? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 11:03 am

I swing break-wristed...It don't help me Sad

Glad it works for you bro!
Back to top Go down
kinglc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you intentional turn your wrists during release?   Do you intentional turn your wrists during release? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 11:36 pm

monsterlonester wrote:
First, I qualify that I'm not a qualified golf professional. Best to ask your coach.

Personally, I think you are going into very dangerous territory. What you are doing is called flipping and will take years to unwind it once you ingrain it into your swing.

Sure, if you time it well, the ball goes further and strike is sweet. But this kind of timing is very unreliable.

Instead, focus on pivot and core body turning into your finish position. Any wrist movement should be natural and not induced.  

totally agree with you. It shld be natural.dun try to force it.  cheers
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you intentional turn your wrists during release?   Do you intentional turn your wrists during release? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 11:46 pm

Does anyone experience hooking when you flip the wrist during release?
Back to top Go down
kinglc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you intentional turn your wrists during release?   Do you intentional turn your wrists during release? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 12:06 am

peace2903 wrote:
Does anyone experience hooking when you flip the wrist during release?
yup. that was due to too much flipping which affect the angle at impact with the golf ball. anyone else would like to share?
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: Do you intentional turn your wrists during release?   Do you intentional turn your wrists during release? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 4:51 pm

If you turn your body, your right forearm will rotate as well upon impact but as what said, it's not intentional and I am still trying to learn to turn properly....
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you intentional turn your wrists during release?   Do you intentional turn your wrists during release? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 11:17 am

What I found is the roll release.

This is actually very interesting because I watch Sergio Garcia in slow motion (2013) and it doesn't look like he bow his wrist right, i.e. stable release. Did he change his swing sometime?
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you intentional turn your wrists during release?   Do you intentional turn your wrists during release? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 11:19 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you intentional turn your wrists during release?   Do you intentional turn your wrists during release? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you intentional turn your wrists during release?
Page 1 of 1