Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??

Go down 
+14
Mike888
Turbo
jwing
jason.koh.54966
weesern
kg7068
beehome
andrew-golf
audi
danielleecm
Technospaz
abeljeremy
pushslice
sim.t.lim
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sim.t.lim

Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? Empty
PostSubject: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 12:31 am

Finally had a chance get to play sembawang new course...Have a game at sembawang on thursday morning. 1st hole, Four of us were at the green, while i am concentrating to do my par putt around 2m. Suddenly a golf ball landed next to me. My golf mate told me it just est 2m away landed next to me. I cant imagine if hit me...probably lying in the hospital and rest for minth from golf liao.

Anyway the first is a short par 4. His flight mate should be able to see us and stop him from hitting.

I din report him neither he came over and apologies to me or anyone of my flightmate. I am just wondering what if i report to marshall, what will happen to him???
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 9:22 am

He would be warned. You should've informed the Marshall or the back flight at least, so that they learned fr the experience
Back to top Go down
abeljeremy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 9:42 am

Was at OCC yesterday flight behind us fire ball not less then 5 m from us not once but twice.Complain to marshall and it was game over for them as they were asked to leave the course.The best thing is that the chao ang mo have the cheek to threaten the Marshall that he will write in to make a complain against the Marshall for his decision.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 10:24 am

If the golfer doesn't acknowledge the error/apologies, lodge the complaint. It may seem frivolous but the next time, the golf ball may be more deadly. Golfers who aren't aware of simple etiquette should be made aware. And sometimes, this needs to be done the hard way.
Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
danielleecm

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 10:28 am

Hi in fair term he should at least came up to offer apology or his mistake, acting blur is not a good way to get himself off the hook. I would recommend you write in to inform the club on this action cause a warning or short ban can be a good lesson to these people.
Do encounter situation like this before and the culprit just act blur and even blame you for being slow when confronted by Marshall.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 10:29 am

i was in the similar situation yesterday. course was quite packed and everyone is queuing up for their turn. i was sitting on my cart waiting for my turn, suddenly 1 ball flew towards me. it was from the other group. but he was gentleman enough to come to me and shake my hand and apologise. so we are good.

for your situation, the guy behind you should at least came to you and apologise.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 11:18 am

Should report. Could have seriously injured u or even kill u

Dont let that bugger off
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 12:12 pm

should inform tt person and then guage the reaction.

If un-intentional and apologetic about it, he may learn from it and you can decide whether to let the matter rest.

If intentional meaning hit a shot to "push"a slower flight in front or taking a chance (like I think my shot would not reach the front flight) AND un-apologetic, then MUST report that fellow. Some ppl must be given the hard treatment.

Fortunately the latter is in the minority. Let's enjoy golf & life! cheers Beer
Back to top Go down
kg7068
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 2:32 pm

sim.t.lim wrote:
Finally had a chance get to play sembawang new course...Have a game at sembawang on thursday morning. 1st hole, Four of us were at the green, while i am concentrating to do my par putt around 2m. Suddenly a golf ball landed next to me. My golf mate told me it just est 2m away landed next to me. I cant imagine if hit me...probably lying in the hospital and rest for minth from golf liao.

Anyway the first is a short par 4. His flight mate should be able to see us and stop him from hitting.

I din report him neither he came over and apologies to me or anyone of my flightmate. I am just wondering what if i report to marshall, what will happen to him???

Bro, 1st hole is 390 ++ from Blue Tee while Hole 10 is dog leg left short par 4. Both holes, flight behind you should have a clear view when u still on the green. U shld report it bcos it was a clear cut "rash and negligent" act
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sim.t.lim

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 5:18 pm

Thanks for bros advise.
In future if i ever encounter i think i will approach the golfer behind 1st. If the attitude is bad, maybe i will report to marshall abt it. Been playing for almost 2yr, I never encounter such situation before or neither my ball almost fly to someone direction. But i think common sense tell me that should apology if scare some1.
What i really piss is after is his ball landed roll and stop at my par putt line. I might get my 1st par for the day My friend mark without offset. When i putt and roll over the marker cos my ball shifted a bit from the path. I miss my par putt... that hole my $15 just fly away...
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 5:29 pm

why bother to mark for him, just push it away...
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sim.t.lim

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 6:48 pm

At that moment din really think so much. Trying to concentrate the par putt of the day. Since my friend had mark it, don bother abt liao... lol..

Anyone got banned before? Wat if that shot hit me, who is going to pay the medical bill? My handicapped insurance or that fellow?? Wah.. now i recall back may end up in quite serious situation...
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 7:32 pm

Should report such character, what if he repeat his act and seriously injure someone.....and he thought he can get away with it.
Back to top Go down
jwing
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
jwing

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 8:31 pm

Should at least inform or warned him of his act...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 8:58 pm

You should have reported him to the Marshall!
Back to top Go down
Mike888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mike888

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 12:24 am

i would have taken his ball and throw it back at his direction and shout "your BALL"! hehe joking, i wont do it.

well, something similar happened to me recently. we were on the green while one of the koreans from the back flight decided to take his shot, aiming for the green!!! dont tell me at 100m away, he is aiming for something less. i was looking at them thinking would he pull the shot or he is just doing practice swing. just as my friends were reading their lines, he hit and i saw the ball flew toward us. they did not shout ball nor anything and swee swee the land on the green! it was close enough to make anyone feel uneasy. i was so pissed off with them and shouted OEIIII! we stopped putting and see if he would come over to apologize. he drove his buggy (that day was buggy on track at all times) to the apron and apologized, honestly if u ask me i dont think he was sincere. he was just saying sorry for the sake of saying sorry.
upon reaching the clubhouse, we decided it still better to lodge an official complaint against such dangerous golfer.

man, of all the holes, it had to be the last hole when we were about to come to a beautiful game and they want to spoilt it.
Back to top Go down
Fatboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Fatboy

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 9:19 am

My group incident was in a course in JB.

We are ahead of a group of students with a pro (don't know from where) at the back nine.

The flight came over to join us at the 2nd hole and waited there for us to tee off.

The pro then came towards the tee box to talk to the caddy to ask her to comeover to his flight after our game.

When one of our kaki was teeing off, the pro continue to talk to the caddy at the tee box and did not stopped talking.

As one of our flight mates have 'topped' the ball and only about 100m away from the tee box.

As he went to hit his ball, one of the students from the pro flight tee off but lucky he top his ball and did not fly far.

The pro also did not apologise at all and continued to look at us.

We do not need him to apologise but will want him and his students to be jailed if the ball hit my friend and hurt or kill him.

If a pro also does not follow golfing rules then it is a sad day for golf.
Back to top Go down
http://www.permatex.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 9:50 am

How did you know he was a pro? Some dress to kill but really golf to kill.
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 11:53 am

I'm sure many of us have experienced such inconsiderate golfers before. I heard of a story whereby my fren's dad tee'd off while the guys on the front flight still on the fairway.. his flight mates told him better dun go.. but he kept saying.. cannot reach one la! and then ... BAAAAALLL!!!!

the poor fella got hit in the head.. feel to the ground. Fren's Dad and all rushed over. the poor guy was conscious and holding tightly onto his head and said to the ppl around him... "i'm a doctor.. tell me how bad it is." and removed his hands to reveal a split sculp of about 6-8" long. Called for an ambulance and rushed him straight to the hospital.

Back to top Go down
element17
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 12:55 pm

Had an incident that happened to me in one of the JB courses, about 3 months back.

This young guy tee'd off on a par 3 hole when we were putting on the green! No freaking way it would have been ok for him to do so. The ball landed just off the fringe.

Back then, I hesitated to walk up to him for an apology, thinking that he might be new and wasn't sure what he was supposed to do. But thinking back now, I felt really pissed and should have had him complained. My kaki did say though that this is in Johor, so it probably didn't matter and they would just have let him go with a verbal warning that's all.
Back to top Go down
Mike888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mike888

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 2:12 pm

abadan wrote:
I'm sure many of us have experienced such inconsiderate golfers before. I heard of a story whereby my fren's dad tee'd off while the guys on the front flight still on the fairway.. his flight mates told him better dun go.. but he kept saying.. cannot reach one la! and then ... BAAAAALLL!!!!

the poor fella got hit in the head.. feel to the ground. Fren's Dad and all rushed over. the poor guy was conscious and holding tightly onto his head and said to the ppl around him... "i'm a doctor.. tell me how bad it is." and removed his hands to reveal a split sculp of about 6-8" long. Called for an ambulance and rushed him straight to the hospital.

this is scary!!
Back to top Go down
Fatboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Fatboy

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Technospaz wrote:
How did you know he was a pro? Some dress to kill but really golf to kill.

Because the students called him coach and th caddy and marshall at the clubhouse also confirmed by he is a pro from Singapore who often bring his students there for a game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.permatex.com
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sim.t.lim

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 3:19 pm

abadan wrote:

Wah... what happen your father friend? Any action taken against him??
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 3:42 pm

element17 wrote:
Had an incident that happened to me in one of the JB courses, about 3 months back.

This young guy tee'd off on a par 3 hole when we were putting on the green! No freaking way it would have been ok for him to do so. The ball landed just off the fringe.

Back then, I hesitated to walk up to him for an apology, thinking that he might be new and wasn't sure what he was supposed to do. But thinking back now, I felt really pissed and should have had him complained. My kaki did say though that this is in Johor, so it probably didn't matter and they would just have let him go with a verbal warning that's all.

He has no right to tee off on a par 3 hole if you are on the green, I would have gone ballistic if it happen to me. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 3:46 pm

sob wrote:
element17 wrote:

He has no right to tee off on a par 3 hole if you are on the green, I would have gone ballistic if it happen to me. Evil or Very Mad

Unless it's a call-on hole which I'm guessing wasn't the case here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??   Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dangerous Encounter at Sembawang.. if i reported him what will happen to him??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next