Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Miura forged vs endo forged

Go down 
+20
Begbie
Khorkar
samT
Joshua
Vinny
wilkang
asahi
golf_snowman
mizzy
TLHENG
Lee36328
miuraforged
mox
kevlye
eiji
Itsuki
pushslice
Duval_S
Derek
pocketace
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Miura forged vs endo forged Empty
PostSubject: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:42 pm

Of late, there appears to be renewed interest on miura forgings. Miura seems to be focused on their own brand now since they have previously forged for likes of taylormade (among others?)
Another reputable one is endo forgings. I know epon irons basically is endo. Endo still forged some models for tourstage, yamaha, etc.
Are we splitting hairs here cos they're good in their own ways?
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:46 pm

I've never had a chance to hit an Endo forged club. Would love to have a chance to try.

However, I have a set of old V7000 Tourstage Forged Irons, they feel very nice also.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:46 pm

one thing I know for sure...both wil perform the same when they are in my hands....

for obvious reason
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 7:23 pm

The callaway x forged are endo's. Thai factory. Used to have 07-09 models. Pretty soft but I think the px flighted shaft is harsh.

Does endo still forge in Japan?

My Bridgestone j38 is very soft too, for about a quarter of Miura cost Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:16 pm

Had the chance to try the af301 irons at a used clubs shop before.. The feedback is sweet with a click sound.. Steam!!!!!! When i heard the price, lagi steam... pale
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:23 pm

Muiras are forged in Thailand too, except for PP9003
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
kevlye
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kevlye

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:49 pm

@Derek: we have Epon AF302, AF502 and AF Tour demo clubs (7 iron) at our Vivo Golf Studio 203 Kallang Bahru for all to try. Feel free to drop by to give it a no obligation try.
best regards
kevin
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:43 am

eiji wrote:

oh?

where is pp9003 forged?
Back to top Go down
miuraforged
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 2:01 am

Dear GR members,

Please allow us to clarify this matter. And would like to add that we represent the official word of Miura Golf and Miura Giken.

Miuras are not forged in Thailand. All Miuras are forged in Japan and there are no exceptions.

Thank you,
Miura Golf
Back to top Go down
http://www.miuragolf.com
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:12 am

eiji wrote:

There is a nice video of some GOLFWRX members who made a factory trip to Miura's factory in Himeiji Japan. Miura and his sons were shown the grinding themselves by hand, which I thought was very cool.

That's why I like Miura, they have remained true to their heritage, resisting the urge to increase their profit margins by sending their factory offshore like countless other Japanese names as they grew. I am happy to see thus far Miura has held on to their tradition.
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:32 am

Where do you get the information from and do you have any proof to that? Your statement seems to be very confident of that. Hope you can provide us further info to challenge Miura Japan on the issue.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:39 am

How about flying some GR members there to the factory in japan to verify?
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:40 am

mizzy wrote:

haha..bro, we need to send 2 team, one to Japan and one to Thailand.....haha !!!
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:43 am

mizzy wrote:

I think a factory visit will send me to club ho'ing heaven. Think of the Miura goodies one can get his hands on. If there's a trip organised, I'd be sure to let you know. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:45 am

golf_snowman wrote:
mizzy wrote:

haha..bro, we need to send 2 team, one to Japan and one to Thailand.....haha !!!

And must search the whole of Thailand looking for the factory.

Hmmm, sounds like an interesting trip as well. Wink
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:49 am

Hmmm.....if going to Thailand, I would nt be interested to look for factories.
Other nicer stuff awaits.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:28 am

asahi wrote:
lol!

Sir, you have a talent for eloquently articulating the unambiguous.

cheers
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:32 am

Lee36328 wrote:
asahi wrote:
lol!

Sir, you have a talent for eloquently articulating the unambiguous.

cheers

YOu have not seen him in HCMC... Miura forged vs endo forged 793680 Miura forged vs endo forged 793680
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:45 am

Nowadays....I don give much tot about the where its mfg......I give more on the brand owners

Let you into a secret.... the clubs I am using is made fm Japan...(I think)....but I play it like hockey stick
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:55 am

Duval_S wrote:
Nowadays....I don give much tot about the where its mfg......I give more on the brand owners

Let you into a secret.... the clubs I am using is made fm Japan...(I think)....but I play it like hockey stick

Second that Bro DS,

If your WMD constantly gave you eagles, birdies & pars, would the brand or venue of production really matter.....? So, does it really matter if its Miura / Epon Japan, Thailand, China, India or Tibet so long as it works for us......?

Question
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:13 am

Vinny wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

Second that Bro DS,

If your WMD constantly gave you eagles, birdies & pars, would the brand or venue of production really matter.....? So, does it really matter if its Miura / Epon Japan, Thailand, China, India or Tibet so long as it works for us......?

Question

Here we need to differentiate opinions from facts.

Opinions hold, because they are subjective. The couple of posts above are opinions.

Facts by definition need to be correct. Else they are mis-information.

I enjoy debating opinions, but to do so effectively, I usually try to get my facts straight.
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:33 am

Opinions hold, because they are subjective. The couple of posts above are opinions.

I enjoy debating opinions, but to do so effectively, I usually try to get my facts straight.

You are absolutely right. Anyone can express their opinion but to make a claim without facts is misleading.
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:02 am

Vinny wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

Second that Bro DS,

Question

I agree. To a large extent, what brand the club is and where it is manufactured does not really have much of an impact of result of the intended purpose of the clubs (i.e. to play golf). What matter is that the clubs work for the particular individual.

However, I think, a parallel can be drawn between golf clubs and watches. A $100 Casio watch keeps better time than $100,000 Patek and pretty much all of its Swiss made counterparts but sometimes people buy watches for reasons beyond telling time. Some people like the idea that a watch/golf club is hand crafted/forged in a small workshop (and are willing to pay a premium for it) and the exclusive feel of it - the fact that they own a piece of art rather than just a purely functional gadget. On the other hand, some don't give two hoots about such things. "So what if it is made in a mass production factory in china or thailand if I can play scratch with it", they will say.

btw, pateks are not made in a small workshop, but you get my drift...

As an aside, yesterday i saw the most expensive set of maruman majesty prestigio selling at transview mandarin gallery for a whopping $230k....

cheers! Beer

Back to top Go down
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Joshua

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:04 pm

saw this online just to share
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:53 pm

Lee36328 wrote:

Totally agree with you on opinions and facts. Actually I heard the same thing eiji said too some time ago, but I thought it is just one of those hearsay stuff that is good for kopi gossip. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miura forged vs endo forged   Miura forged vs endo forged I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miura forged vs endo forged
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next