Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FR : Miura CB301

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
D_Iceman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
D_Iceman

FR : Miura CB301 Empty
PostSubject: FR : Miura CB301   FR : Miura CB301 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:02 pm

I've had this slightly over a week now, I thought I'd give me FR on these beautiful irons and share my joy.

I'm a 23 handicapper and been playing this game for nearly a year. Used to be using the MX-25s with NS-Pro950 regular flex shafts. i changed to the Miura CB301 5-PW with Shimada regular flex shafts.

When I first tried them, the slim topline and smaller club face made it look intimdating at address. However, it didn't take too long to get used to it and yesterday when I was testing my friend's AP2s, i found that i like the slim topline better. Just a matter of getting used to I guess.

The offset of the CB301s are less than the MX-25s i had. This forced me to swing within myself more rather than force the swing like i used to do previously. My swing is now more controlled as I need to hit it more pure with the Miuras.

Shaping shots is now easier as well. While I've confined this to the range only, it's much easier to shape my shots than with my previous irons.

The feel of these clubs are just amazing. Soft, buttery.... i can't find words to describe them but they feel amazing.

I highly recommend these irons if budget permits.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: FR : Miura CB301   FR : Miura CB301 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:12 pm

As you said you swing more controlled now than like previously, have you tried your new 'Miura' swing on the MX 25 or other irons ? and if so any difference ? Thanks for sharing ... Smile
Back to top Go down
D_Iceman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
D_Iceman

PostSubject: Re: FR : Miura CB301   FR : Miura CB301 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:35 am

Lamts18 wrote:
As you said you swing more controlled now than like previously, have you tried your new 'Miura' swing on the MX 25 or other irons ? and if so any difference ? Thanks for sharing ... Smile

Nope, didn't do that. Did try the AP2s after that though. I guess it's all in the head for me. Like my pro always tells me that my head screws with my swing.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: FR : Miura CB301   FR : Miura CB301 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:00 am

wei, 23 handicapper who plays the game only for a year can shape shots on command. You sure you are truly 23 handicapper? Razz

Good for you really that you have found your love. It is indeed a beautiful set of irons.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: FR : Miura CB301   FR : Miura CB301 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:06 am

some guys are talented ....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: FR : Miura CB301   FR : Miura CB301 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 10:17 am

Actually, there are many levels to shaping shots. It's not difficult to hit a draw or fade shot (assuming you have a steady swing and this is for my iron play only). It boils down to opening or closing your clubface and positioning of the ball. I believe that this can be achieved with any iron provided, again, that you swing the ball and connect it properly.

What I think is very difficult is the amount of draw or fade one wants to achieve. That requires a lot of practice and attention to detail. It also requires incredible accuracy with the swing viz speed, point of contact, adequate follow-through etc. In my mind, that's where the pros excel.

So, let's not get carried away with the shot shaping but rejoice instead in D_Iceman's new Miura irons, which I believe are freakin' gorgeous and lovely to play with. Bro... can borrow'ah? Smile
Back to top Go down
D_Iceman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
D_Iceman

PostSubject: Re: FR : Miura CB301   FR : Miura CB301 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:30 am

Shaping shots is not as difficult as it sounds. When i was first taught how to do it, i got it within the first 5 shots. However, how much draw or fade, now that's the tough part.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: FR : Miura CB301   FR : Miura CB301 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:41 am

Iceman, just pulling your legs hor. Jealous that you have got a nice set of irons, so suan suan a bit lor.

So how's the babe performing? Personally I have been trying hard not to change equipment anymore (except maybe driver)
Back to top Go down
alucard
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FR : Miura CB301   FR : Miura CB301 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 10:59 am

Im so jealous! I started on the game coming to a year and my swing is still inconsistent and slow like a turtle. Still getting some mishits on my cgb max at times...

How do u do it? Can share ur train routine, coach and how often u play?
Back to top Go down
D_Iceman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
D_Iceman

PostSubject: Re: FR : Miura CB301   FR : Miura CB301 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:09 pm

nutty88 wrote:
Iceman, just pulling your legs hor. Jealous that you have got a nice set of irons, so suan suan a bit lor.

So how's the babe performing? Personally I have been trying hard not to change equipment anymore (except maybe driver)

Haha no prob.

Irons are great, just that player not so good. But I'm quite into equipment. In fact when i don't play well I blame the equipment. When I'm bored, I buy new equipment. haha

Speaking of drivers, i just bought a R9. Smile
Back to top Go down
D_Iceman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
D_Iceman

PostSubject: Re: FR : Miura CB301   FR : Miura CB301 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:14 pm

alucard wrote:
Im so jealous! I started on the game coming to a year and my swing is still inconsistent and slow like a turtle. Still getting some mishits on my cgb max at times...

How do u do it? Can share ur train routine, coach and how often u play?

I see my coach every week on Tuesday. I play at least twice a week and sometimes like last week I had four games. And I range the other days I don't play but usually just hit about 100-150 balls. I usually rest on Mondays(I must work also).

I'm now wanting to spend at least once a week to do chipping and putting cos my short game sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FR : Miura CB301   FR : Miura CB301 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FR : Miura CB301
Page 1 of 1