Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God

Go down 
+38
zephyr_bloom
WeeQi
4dtoto
zhenxua
Slicer51
golfool2009
gomjgo
botak
chinchiachun
dmateo
slinger
iron eagle
Turbo
fata
asdw
Golf-mass
cmclee
kevlye
Begbie
S70B
stickman
tronos
pushslice
jaketang
cwpei8888
Derek
mizzy
scarynight
Duval_S
Technospaz
golf_snowman
Schulo
TourSwing
duffader
FD448
asahi
simoner
Lee36328
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 7:29 pm

After 5 sessions at the chipping green putting the Miura wedges through their paces, they have replaced the Vokeys in my bag for good.

Took a bit of figuring out how to work with the lower spin (the Vokey spin milled face really bites the ball better, esp in chipping) but after 5 days, and about 20 hours of practice, the black wedges have got me pulling off shots I never could before.

The main element is the superior feel and feedback upon impact. You can see the resulting ball flight while the wedge is still resonating nicely in your hands - FEEL at its best. It's almost like you are still 'connected' to the ball as it flies to its landing spot; hard to describe unless you try it.

Near the green, I used to pace off the distance in order to judge how big a swing to take and how hard to swing the Vokeys, eg. 25 steps equal 25m, means use a quarter swing with 56 deg and so on. Very conscious and left-brained.

With the Miura, just by looking at the target, the feel for the distance comes automatically and I can land it near the target without even knowing the explicit distance. It' almost subconscious, and very right-brained.

That was a big difference for me.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Hands of God in the PGA Championship   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:43 am

It's Monday and they have arrived at the Atlanta Athletic Club, Johns Creek, Georgia to prepare for the PGA Champhionship.

Here are some Miuras in action. Bear in mind Miura does not sponsor anyone on the PGA Tour, so this is by choice.

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 903b780f8d996912665d0da42b6ce247

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 76b1a99556b8b5021fa0d49a8c14bcde

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 8780bb8bad4b4bde5b5668d0415119f2
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
FD448

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:38 am

He is using the 501.... Can't see the wedges!
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
FD448

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:40 am

He must have touched by the god's hands, haha
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:26 pm

KJ Choi using a Titleist umbrella!

KJ used to endorse Nike equipment and apparels but now appears to be carrying multiple equipment brands like an Amateur. Laughing
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:14 pm

KJ Choi loved ROJAK! I mean Kim Chee!
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 9:51 am

FD448 wrote:
He is using the 501.... Can't see the wedges!

Here you can see the wedges. Also check out the VDR grip from Golf Pride. I have found them to be very good, especially in the rain.

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 305a9f5b18f5bfc31c4dfa3269339eb6
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 12:30 pm

Do you find the VDR better than the NDMC? Am about to regrip my irons, and havent decided ...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 12:44 pm

TourSwing wrote:
Do you find the VDR better than the NDMC? Am about to regrip my irons, and havent decided ...

yes I do. NDMC is harsh compared to VDR. VDR is tacky and soft at the same time. Very happy with VDR.

KJ seem to play Razr hawk driver and a TM hybrid
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 12:48 pm

pushslice wrote:
TourSwing wrote:

yes I do. NDMC is harsh compared to VDR. VDR is tacky and soft at the same time. Very happy with VDR.

KJ seem to play Razr hawk driver and a TM hybrid

I second that.

Practiced chipping in the rain, the grip was totally unaffected even after 3-4 hours non-stop. I used to rush to shelter my grips when it rained.

Also, I am noticing my calluses in my hands are getting softer. The VDR feels softer than multi compound for sure.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 3:19 pm

hmm .. interesting .. NDMC is a bit harsh/ hard on the hands ... will def give VDR a try!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 4:06 pm

TourSwing wrote:
hmm .. interesting .. NDMC is a bit harsh/ hard on the hands ... will def give VDR a try!

VDR is how many grams?
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
FD448

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 4:54 pm

I just regrip lai, BTC red. Not bad. Good grip too but wear off very fast. Maybe the next one I will try out VDR.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 4:57 pm

Turbo wrote:
TourSwing wrote:

VDR is how many grams?

Spec found here.

http://www.golfpride.com/Grips/Default.aspx?cat=noncord&grip=vdr
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 10:32 pm

Just came back from the range after taking a couple of days off. Today, working through the complete range, from lob wedge to driver.

Wah, the baby blades are starting to complain about my laziness already.

I played military swing today. Left, right, left, right....

Took a while before I could get any decent shots going more or less at the target. That'll teach me to take a break.

Blade being blade, any deviation is just COMPOUNDED. It's almost like, 1 day not hitting balls, 10m hook, 2 days not hitting balls, 40m hook, 3 days not hitting ball, you hook until the ball boomerangs back and hits you on the back of your head. Jez kidding, but not by much.

Also took out the 4 iron and gave it ago. I'll be the first to admit, not easy peasy. Later, much later, finally grooved the swing enough to launch it. And ooooh, so satisfying when I could do that. How come my pants so tight suddenly? No, that's just my ego swelling up.

Funny thing about the PX6.0 and my swing. When I haven't fully warmed up, the shaft is like "What the heck was I thinking! I can't hit with this!!!" super stiff.

Then, when I finally get going, it becomes smooth, sometimes too soft-tip even, esp the longer irons. I can really feel the shaft kicking through with a 'swoosh-dub!' sounding release - sound of a whip through the air, punctuated by a solid impact note.

If in a game like that, die la. How many holes will I blow before I warm up enough for them to kick in? Must practice harder to groove it until it is available 'on demand.'

The 56 deg was also a bit stubborn to launch the full distance initially. Had to find the way to hit it juuuust right. Finally found it, and it was soon flying high and long, very long. Pants soon felt tight again. Damn cool man.

Ordered a 52 deg as well, to complete the trio.

Tomorrow, back to short game practice. The 56 in a bunker is like a deadly weapon. Just SHARP, man. Almost feels like you can look at the sand, pick up two grains, and decide to make your cut in between them.

So now, deeply poisoned with Miura magic pumping in my veins, I am looking at Miura RAW steel wedge. Meant to be EVEN SOFTER than the black forged wedges. I mean, I wonder how on earth that will feel like?

Oh, oh, you know what' the best part? They will grind the sole to YOUR specification. I mean, how COOL is that?

When something makes me write the word man, and cool, over and over again, you gotta know it's good. Very very good, man. Cool Laughing
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
FD448

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 10:39 pm

Hi, check with you how much is the miura raw steel wedge? Pls pm me to share ok? Thanks alot
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 10:40 pm

FD448 wrote:
Hi, check with you how much is the miura raw steel wedge? Pls pm me to share ok? Thanks alot

OK, will do when I find out, cheers.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:15 am

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 2008putter-km350

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 2008putter-km350-back

Now eyeing this...

There is a black version - super limited....

When I finally get my hands on it, I will post how it feels here.

Irresistible.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:16 am

Lee36328 wrote:
FD448 wrote:

OK, will do when I find out, cheers.

The custom-grind is done in Japan, so will take some time to work out the costs. Will keep you informed.
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
FD448

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:19 am

Hi Lee, I got a putter 006 370g with iomic grip. Never green but hit a few times on matt. U keen?
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:31 am

FD448 wrote:
Hi Lee, I got a putter 006 370g with iomic grip. Never green but hit a few times on matt. U keen?

Hi bro.

Thanks for the offer, the 006 looks lovely, but unfortunately, I need something with less offset. I stopped using my Scotty Newport 2 because full shaft offset was too much for me. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Miura - Results At Last   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:14 pm

I am in shock.

I think the Miura blades and wedges may have helped me cut 10 strokes from my game.

Just came back from shooting two rounds in mid 80's back to back. My typical average scores before the Miura's were mid 90's.

And it only took 6 days of practice with them, most of that on the wedges because I was building a short game from a zero base.

The forged black wedges helped me to 'feel' the chip shots. I acquired a feel for distance in my chipping after less than a week at the practice green.

The zero-offset Scotty Newport 2.6 also helped - being a blade putter w zero offset means it does not help you square the face, so your stroke must be pure to square it.

First low round, I had 2 birdies and 4 pars, a couple of double bogeys and 1 blowup. Second low round, I had no birdies, 6 pars but only 2 double bogeys, and no blowup.

Despite missing many fairways with a new shaft in my driver I was not used to yet, the baby blades made up for them with amazing approach shots. If I missed the green, which was rare, the wedges would take over, place it close for an easy putt.

This takes my approach shot experience to a brand new threshold. They go exactly the line I aim during my setup. I would miss the fairway, punch out for a layup, and still place it on the green close enough to make par.

I don't know how Miura made the irons capable of delivering the ball with such surgical precision in ball flight and distance. It's pure genius.

The short game saved me on many occasions too. I would land in the left fairway bunker in a dogleg left par 5, near a high bunker lip, hit out with a PW, set up the approach with my A12 hybrid, overshoot the short iron approach (not yet used to the distance, they are long!), and chip in for a par.

It was like predictable clockwork for much of the round. Hit fairway, make par. Miss fairway, punch out, make bogey.

So, before the blades, I was missing the greens, mostly left, or short, After the blades, I hit almost all the greens, many of them close enough for a 1-putt attempt.

Before the black forged wedges, I had almost no short game because I had zero FEEL for the wedge. It was purely a mechanical technique I had, bring back the wedge to how many o'clock for how many meters. Now, it has become, look at the ball, judge the distance, test the swing until the feel is right, and fire.

And I shot those two lowest rounds when I was missing fairways the whole day. So, I definitely think there is more improvement I have not tapped yet.

Finally, after all those days of swooning over how the blades and wedges feel on the range, I have concrete results to back them up.

Yes, the blades and wedges from Miura are expensive. But 10 strokes after 1 week? Priceless.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:30 pm

Hey, do you keep stats?? E.g. Fir, gir, putts, putts/gir, scrambling, etc
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:26 pm

TourSwing wrote:
Hey, do you keep stats?? E.g. Fir, gir, putts, putts/gir, scrambling, etc

Hi bro, not yet.

I will keep stats to find room for improvement. At the moment though, after I play a round, the room for improvement that will yield the greatest results are usually pretty clear to me.

For example, in my recent rounds, if I hit the fairway, it was almost a guaranteed, with chance for birdie. I topped a couple of bunker shots. And slighter longer chips were not that accurate (which would not be a problem if my approach was sharp anyway, but I was getting tired.)

After my recent rounds, my room for improvement priorities are:

1) driver - get it on the fairway by getting used to the ahina shaft
2) bunker shot - stop topping it
3) chipping - practice mid distances, 25m, 30m 40m

Parallel to that, I will work on getting comfortable with 5i, 4i an 3i.
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
FD448

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:36 pm

That's great! Enjoy your every game with miura. I'm building my miura hybrid. Nice feel too... Very easily to hit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next