Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God

Go down 
+38
zephyr_bloom
WeeQi
4dtoto
zhenxua
Slicer51
golfool2009
gomjgo
botak
chinchiachun
dmateo
slinger
iron eagle
Turbo
fata
asdw
Golf-mass
cmclee
kevlye
Begbie
S70B
stickman
tronos
pushslice
jaketang
cwpei8888
Derek
mizzy
scarynight
Duval_S
Technospaz
golf_snowman
Schulo
TourSwing
duffader
FD448
asahi
simoner
Lee36328
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:55 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Thanks guys. Hope it lives up to the big reputation that precedes it, although knowing Miura, I'm sure it will.

What do you guys think of raw steel wedges?

It's not even mentioned on the official website, but I found out Miura does them, on special order, and you can choose the custom grind you want. The esteemed Mr Katsuhiro Miura will do the grind himself. Talk about being touched by the hands of god....

Sounds interesting right?

The feel of the black forged wedges have really grown on me, ok I'm addicted to it, and I want MORE of the feel, the touch, the sweet note of impact.

Yesterday at the range, a Mynah bird was hopping back and forth among the chipped balls, looking to eat insects that the landing balls stirred up. And I had a fun time trying to chip to hit the moving bird. I never did hit it of course, the bird is not stupid, but it was a fun way to sharpen both my aiming alignement (the darn bird kept moving) and the distance feel of my wedges.

Now in the process of experimenting with my short game shots to see what sort of grind would fit me best. Also need to bear in mind the type of courses I typically play - the type of grass, rough, etc.

Wow ! you cruel leh...hehehehe like olden times those tyrant let go convicts and shoot them in a hunting game...hehehehee..

Joke a side, the putter and irons do looks good and since you are feeling good, the irons sets is suitable for you. That is important. If teh look or feel dun feel good to you, then no matter how good teh set, you will always have a mental block and blaming the set for every bad shots.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 12:01 pm

FD448 wrote:
Lee, Do sell me your Miura black wedge 60/7 when you got your raw steel Very Happy

I say, friend, I would love to, but I have a habit of collecting things.... But if I do change my mind I know who to contact. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 12:07 pm

4dtoto wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Thanks guys. Hope it lives up to the big reputation that precedes it, although knowing Miura, I'm sure it will.

What do you guys think of raw steel wedges?

It's not even mentioned on the official website, but I found out Miura does them, on special order, and you can choose the custom grind you want. The esteemed Mr Katsuhiro Miura will do the grind himself. Talk about being touched by the hands of god....

Sounds interesting right?

The feel of the black forged wedges have really grown on me, ok I'm addicted to it, and I want MORE of the feel, the touch, the sweet note of impact.

Yesterday at the range, a Mynah bird was hopping back and forth among the chipped balls, looking to eat insects that the landing balls stirred up. And I had a fun time trying to chip to hit the moving bird. I never did hit it of course, the bird is not stupid, but it was a fun way to sharpen both my aiming alignement (the darn bird kept moving) and the distance feel of my wedges.

Now in the process of experimenting with my short game shots to see what sort of grind would fit me best. Also need to bear in mind the type of courses I typically play - the type of grass, rough, etc.

Wow ! you cruel leh...hehehehe like olden times those tyrant let go convicts and shoot them in a hunting game...hehehehee..

Joke a side, the putter and irons do looks good and since you are feeling good, the irons sets is suitable for you. That is important. If teh look or feel dun feel good to you, then no matter how good teh set, you will always have a mental block and blaming the set for every bad shots.

He he, if endangered species, I would not use it for target practice, but mynah birds are very smart. It did not even try to fly away, just hopped out of range when my balls landed, and came back for the insects.

Yes you are right, feeling comfortable with the equipment is a crucial element in acquiring confidence with a shot you're about to execute. It would play with my mind if I have to compensate for the equipment by altering the grip, aiming away from target, swing harder, etc etc.

Which is why custom-fitting is also important I feel.
Back to top Go down
WeeQi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Nice Putter   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 12:10 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
After such an unexpected showing from the Miuras, I find it hard to resist from adding to the collection....

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 292876_10150269153598999_174039178998_7834527_3193695_n

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 321596_10150269152403999_174039178998_7834508_2413812_n

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 315440_10150269153823999_174039178998_7834530_1067337_n

Only 69 pieces made. I am a sucker for beauties like these.

That is a very beautiful putter. Upz! Btw can share how much it cost? Very tempting...

After reading all the post, I am thinking of getting one set of miura too. Haha.. Good sharing bro.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 12:53 pm

WeeQi wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
After such an unexpected showing from the Miuras, I find it hard to resist from adding to the collection....

That is a very beautiful putter. Upz! Btw can share how much it cost? Very tempting...

After reading all the post, I am thinking of getting one set of miura too. Haha.. Good sharing bro.

Best to get a quote from the official source. I've pm'ed you the contact.

I understand the black is a batch of only 69, so price might be a bit premium.

Here is the 'standard' 350, which might be easier on the wallet.

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 2008putter-km350

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 2008putter-km350-top

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
FD448

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 1:07 pm

I recalled I did hit a bird at OCC range. I top the ball n it went straight n hit the bird. It flew up n turned afew rounds n drop back to the green. Think the bird die? God bless.....
Back to top Go down
zephyr_bloom
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zephyr_bloom

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 1:10 pm

A beauty, both irons and putter... Can pm me the contact? Thanks in advance....
Back to top Go down
cmclee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
cmclee

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 1:12 pm

Looking at the Muira blade putter face, it somehow bears an uncanny resemblance of my Wilson 8812 putter. Can someone verify that ?
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 2:22 pm

zephyr_bloom wrote:
A beauty, both irons and putter... Can pm me the contact? Thanks in advance....

Done, with my pleasure.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 2:25 pm

FD448 wrote:
I recalled I did hit a bird at OCC range. I top the ball n it went straight n hit the bird. It flew up n turned afew rounds n drop back to the green. Think the bird die? God bless.....

A bird weighs a lot less than a golf ball.

And if you topped it so powerfully that the bird could not get out of the way fast enough, you must be a pretty strong hitter. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
w_chiang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
w_chiang

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 2:38 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
FD448 wrote:

And if you topped it so powerfully that the bird could not get out of the way fast enough, you must be a pretty strong hitter. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I saw 2 birds who got killed by golf balls.
Both of them from my flight mates who topped their drives from the tee box. It does not take a strong hitter to kill the bird.
One of my flight mate was a woman. The bird was about 100m away from the tee box...
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 2:40 pm

w_chiang wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
FD448 wrote:

I saw 2 birds who got killed by golf balls.
Both of them from my flight mates who topped their drives from the tee box. It does not take a strong hitter to kill the bird.
One of my flight mate was a woman. The bird was about 100m away from the tee box...

That should count as a 'birdie' too.
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
FD448

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Yap, once my friend stand about 10 meter n throw a golf ball to me. I used my hand to catch it n got blue black.... I got hit by a golf ball when my friend did a short wedge. It hit mine left shoulder n also got blue black. That's y I think the bird's bones sure broke. Poor thing....
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 3:42 pm

FD448 wrote:
Yap, once my friend stand about 10 meter n throw a golf ball to me. I used my hand to catch it n got blue black.... I got hit by a golf ball when my friend did a short wedge. It hit mine left shoulder n also got blue black. That's y I think the bird's bones sure broke. Poor thing....

I guess you owe it to the poor bird to master the shot you were practicing so that it did not expire in vain... As long as next time you don't make aiming at birds part of your preshot routine and alignment aid, you should be ok.

But, way to reinforce the swing in your muscle memory. I can imagine, with that kind of visual and auditory feedback (the sight of the bird recoiling from impact, the sound of bird stopping the ball, and the sight of the bird dropping out of the sky) your body will remember that shot for a while.

Which is why the rich feedback of forged feel of the Miura has helped my shotmaking so much, albeit in a much more pleasant manner. Notice how I neatly segued back to being on topic. Razz
Back to top Go down
WeeQi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
WeeQi wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:

Best to get a quote from the official source. I've pm'ed you the contact.

I understand the black is a batch of only 69, so price might be a bit premium.

Here is the 'standard' 350, which might be easier on the wallet.

Thanks! I will check with them.

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 2008putter-km350

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 2008putter-km350-top

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Lee,

Do you order your Miura domestically or international?

My PP-9003 just arrived from US but too in love to hit them yet.

Price wise, waaay affordable than quoted in Singapore.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:49 pm

rsenal wrote:
Lee,

Do you order your Miura domestically or international?

My PP-9003 just arrived from US but too in love to hit them yet.

Price wise, waaay affordable than quoted in Singapore.

I ordered them via my local distributor channel, which got them from the regional distributor in Singapore.

In my case, I prefer to order them locally because I need the on-ground support for custom-fitting, getting the right shaft, swing weight, lie adjustment, etc. Also, as my swing continues to grow, I will continue to draw from the local support to make the set grow with me.

I know how you feel, I admired the Miura baby blade heads for a long time as collector's pieces before finally shafting them up. They looked too beautiful to hit.

But when you finally put them into play, they will open up a new world of sublime pleasures, an eternity of bliss within the split-second of a pure impact.

You won't regret it.

Last edited by Lee36328 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:41 pm

Good for you..Curious, could you PM me how much Singapore is selling per club?

Well, after receiving the set, I was amazed that the PP9003 is nothing like a GI set. The set up aspires confidence and the clubs (air swing) is quite balance.

Im selling a set of AP2 710 with PX 5.0 satin to make way for this babies. The AP2's itself was a joy to hit but am looking forward to this sublime pleasures (pants getting tighter?) that you speak of with the Miuras. Need to make sure I sayang the set after each hit like you do.

By the way, any good iron covers to protect them? Saw a Miura ones somewhere. Maybe Il look for them in Bangkok.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 11:15 pm

rsenal wrote:
Good for you..Curious, could you PM me how much Singapore is selling per club?

Well, after receiving the set, I was amazed that the PP9003 is nothing like a GI set. The set up aspires confidence and the clubs (air swing) is quite balance.

Im selling a set of AP2 710 with PX 5.0 satin to make way for this babies. The AP2's itself was a joy to hit but am looking forward to this sublime pleasures (pants getting tighter?) that you speak of with the Miuras. Need to make sure I sayang the set after each hit like you do.

By the way, any good iron covers to protect them? Saw a Miura ones somewhere. Maybe Il look for them in Bangkok.

Honestly, I wouldn't know how much it's selling per club in S'pore (and there are numerous models furthermore.)

I got mine in Malaysia, heads only, 3-PW, and being the limited edition small blades, they were more expensive than the tournament blades. Got the shafts separately.

I looked at the pictures of PP9003 in the miura website. They sure look good... Artistically beautiful.

Air swings so far? Wait till you hit them.... No turning back after that.
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 9:18 pm

Tonight I went to the range and brought along a couple of my new PP9003 clubs and miura wedge.

I haven't touched a club in less than a month so I anticipated that I would need to groove the swing first.

Bought along my trusty eye2+ set as they are always easy to hit.

Once I started to feel the swing, out came the wedge. First few shots, so so nothing special.

Grabbed the pp9003 7 iron, also nothing special.

Made some swing changes as I tend to be too erect in my set up.

Grabbed the wedge and the wow! Hot! Swing some more, getting nicer.

7 iron PP9003 now: baby draw and lovely flight. Feel was soft and wow. I also have the ap2 710 and they were nice but this one was nicer. You could feel the ball jumping off the soft face! Hit some more and it was poison! Too good! The turf interaction is also nice. Pants got tighter and tighter nice.

Yes I would jump on the bandwagon and say Miura is the bomb! Super club and quality craftsman.
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
FD448

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:05 pm

Welcome to the club
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:57 am

Welcome, welcome.

Now you know what we are gushing about.

That's just a taste for starters.

I am sure you'll get a ton of pleasure from your set.

In future, whatever you do, DO NOT hit the tournament blades or you'll be hooked.

Beyond that, whatever you do, DO NOT hit the baby blades, or you'll be beyond redemption.

Each step floods the pleasure centers of your brain in ever increasing levels of dopamine; there's simply no turning back after you've had a taste.

At the range working on my shot shapes last night, I was intently concentration on my mechanics and trajectory. But every now and then, a pure shot punches through my focused senses, making me stop to admire the graceful flight of the ball in the night sky as the pleasure washes over me like a wave on a tropical beach on a warm moonlit night.
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Congrats rsenal!

Although i only just bought a new set of irons, the miuras are really really tempting!
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:52 am

mox wrote:
Congrats rsenal!

Although i only just bought a new set of irons, the miuras are really really tempting!

Prior to purchasing the Miuras, I had told myself that I dont need a Miura on 3-5 occasions (lost count) until the lack of sleep took the better of me. Laughing

So if you dont really need them now, try not to look at any Miura pictures or read about Miura in forums such as here. You have to be strong.

Enjoy your new set though.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:59 pm

That's good advice. You gotta be strong. Don't look at pictures like this.

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 DSC_0030

Or this.

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 DSC_0168

Whatever you do, don't imagine how your entire being will ooze with pleasure as a well-struck shot sails high in the sky exactly at the pin from 140m out.

Or the pleasure your wallet will feel as you 'apologetically' collect money from your friends after the game (sorry guys, I don't know what happened today, I've never played like this before.)

Or facing the wrath of your regular playing mates asking, nay demanding strokes from you or they'll never play with you again.

Whatever you do, don't think about any of the above.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next