Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God

Go down 
+38
zephyr_bloom
WeeQi
4dtoto
zhenxua
Slicer51
golfool2009
gomjgo
botak
chinchiachun
dmateo
slinger
iron eagle
Turbo
fata
asdw
Golf-mass
cmclee
kevlye
Begbie
S70B
stickman
tronos
pushslice
jaketang
cwpei8888
Derek
mizzy
scarynight
Duval_S
Technospaz
golf_snowman
Schulo
TourSwing
duffader
FD448
asahi
simoner
Lee36328
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:19 pm

The clubs are beautiful Lee, and yes I know very well what the feeling of the sweet spot will do to your natural instinct to protect your wallet.

I too was caught from the line samurai sword makers ... I should have realised that samurai swords are designed to slice ...

In any case, I am still trying to develop a swing consistent enough to hit the mid-irons of my set, which is a more forgiving model than yours. I will persevere (and use hybrids in the meantime).

Let us know how the clubs handle .....

---------------------------

Scary night, Miura's are available here from Torque Golf located and Laguna CC Driving range.

Clubs are purchased individually, and prices vary depending on the shaft used (graphite more expensive). Irons begin at 320 and wedges and 400.

Alternatively, occasionally you will find 2nd hand Miura's on sale. My friend bought his as a used set.

Suggest that you try them out at Laguna, it might poison you (in a good way), or you might realise that the feel of the club is not something that u like all that much.
Back to top Go down
cwpei8888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:24 pm

bro lee, please stop posting nice irons. they are so irresistible. Laughing

they become my wallpaper on the desktop. gosh, must...resist...buying...more clubs!!!
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:38 pm

for a moment looking at the topic heading, i thgt u r referring to maradona... Embarassed

the looks of these iron........... one word....... WET!!!!!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:17 pm

I admit to checking Miura's website after reading the thread Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:32 pm

TourSwing wrote:
6I with 22m of roll !?!?

Well spotted, bro TourSwing.

I checked w Duncan, it's the setting of Trackman, where you can choose the speed of the fairways to decide the roll. This particular machine has been set in Denmark to have fast fairways.

So, I tend to look at the carry distance only.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:39 pm

Derek wrote:
The clubs are beautiful Lee, and yes I know very well what the feeling of the sweet spot will do to your natural instinct to protect your wallet.

I too was caught from the line samurai sword makers ... I should have realised that samurai swords are designed to slice ...

In any case, I am still trying to develop a swing consistent enough to hit the mid-irons of my set, which is a more forgiving model than yours. I will persevere (and use hybrids in the meantime).

Let us know how the clubs handle .....

---------------------------

Scary night, Miura's are available here from Torque Golf located and Laguna CC Driving range.

Clubs are purchased individually, and prices vary depending on the shaft used (graphite more expensive). Irons begin at 320 and wedges and 400.

Alternatively, occasionally you will find 2nd hand Miura's on sale. My friend bought his as a used set.

Suggest that you try them out at Laguna, it might poison you (in a good way), or you might realise that the feel of the club is not something that u like all that much.

I like that line about slicing swords... think of it as a cut instead bro.

After I flushed that tournament blade, there was no going back for me....

For those who would not be keen to spend the money, it might not be advisable to try... like opening Pandora's box...
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:45 pm

cwpei8888 wrote:
bro lee, please stop posting nice irons. they are so irresistible. Laughing

they become my wallpaper on the desktop. gosh, must...resist...buying...more clubs!!!

jaketang wrote:
for a moment looking at the topic heading, i thgt u r referring to maradona... Embarassed

the looks of these iron........... one word....... WET!!!!!

pushslice wrote:
I admit to checking Miura's website after reading the thread Laughing

I am glad you guys liked them.

Here's more to wet the tastebuds.

http://www.intothegrain.com/miura-series-1957-special-edition-small-blades-a-love-story/
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:35 pm

so MP-52 lelong liao? once u confirm ur wife, cannot keep GF on the side anymore
Back to top Go down
stickman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:09 pm

Those clubs do indeed look great.

My buddy kept urging me to get 1 set and i think it is the 102 or the 202 series...Don't know when will I be confident to use it... and if ..if I manage to get one I am not sure if I will really wack it cos I will be heart broken to see all the nick and dents on the irons....
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:29 pm

From the title, I tot you met Maradona in person.

Nice clubs. Pricing here in SEA is a tad high tho. They are cheaper in the US.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 12:41 am

Thanks for the responses and nice comments, guys. I will respond shortly.

Just came back from the range, trying out the PW, 8i and 6i gingerly.

In a word, WOW.

Allow me to settle down, get my very late dinner, and I'll elaborate.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 12:52 am

Lee36328 wrote:
TourSwing wrote:
6I with 22m of roll !?!?

I checked w Duncan, it's the setting of Trackman, where you can choose the speed of the fairways to decide the roll. This particular machine has been set in Denmark to have fast fairways.

Wow, its like driving down the autobahn .. Pun intended Beer
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:21 am

tronos wrote:
so MP-52 lelong liao? once u confirm ur wife, cannot keep GF on the side anymore

Swinging with them both side by side is an interesting experience. I intend to keep both. And I am referring to purely the golf context only.

(Why is it that golf has sooo many double entendres? Laughing Laughing Laughing I must watch what I say.)
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:24 am

stickman wrote:
Those clubs do indeed look great.

My buddy kept urging me to get 1 set and i think it is the 102 or the 202 series...Don't know when will I be confident to use it... and if ..if I manage to get one I am not sure if I will really wack it cos I will be heart broken to see all the nick and dents on the irons....

Pull the trigger, get them, and you won't regret it. Your swing will improve as well.

From what I understand, owing to the way they are forged (3 pressing), they are more durable than what we expect. So it's quite ok to hit them. I was careful to select only clean new balls at the range today, and so far, touch wood, so good, no scratches. Of course, I wipe after every shot to remove the grit and dirt picked up from the hitting mat which may scratch after impact if not removed. Tedious, but I enjoy it, so it's a labour of love.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:33 am

S70B wrote:
From the title, I tot you met Maradona in person.

Nice clubs. Pricing here in SEA is a tad high tho. They are cheaper in the US.

Not sure, if I recall correctly, i compared prices in the US (golfwrx has many threads on miuras) and the price I got in M'sia was not too bad.

I feel fortunate I got them back then, I just checked and it seems they have stopped this Limited Edition (in keeping w the name limited)

Now, I am eyeing these newly issued beauties hopefully in the not-too-distant-future - The Miura Limited Edition Forged Black Blades....

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 Miura-Golf-Limited-Forged-Black-Blade-Iron

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 Miura_blackblade-group3
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:34 am

TourSwing wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
TourSwing wrote:
6I with 22m of roll !?!?

Wow, its like driving down the autobahn .. Pun intended Beer

Nice one. Reminds me of the golf channel, esp when they play in a hot dry place like Texas, how the ball tends to run quite a distance after landing.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:45 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Thanks for the responses and nice comments, guys. I will respond shortly.

Just came back from the range, trying out the PW, 8i and 6i gingerly.

In a word, WOW.

Allow me to settle down, get my very late dinner, and I'll elaborate.

The article on these baby blades likens the experience of hitting a ball flush with these clubs as being akin to some sort of spiritual/religious high.

I now know what they mean.

I hit a couple of flush shots just now which just lit up every single cell in my brain. I just went "Whooo hooo!" and wanted to jump up and down at my hitting bay. How often in our adult lives do we go through something that makes us want to do that? It's been a while for me.

Wow..... Mr Katsuhiro Miura, now I know why they call you Hands of God. I salute you Miura-san.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:06 am

This thread is more sappy than any korean drama series... minus the plastic surgery..
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:23 am

Lee36328 wrote:
tronos wrote:

Swinging with them both side by side is an interesting experience. I intend to keep both. And I am referring to purely the golf context only.

(Why is it that golf has sooo many double entendres? Laughing Laughing Laughing I must watch what I say.)

wow bro...didn't know that you fancy 'threesome'.....haha !!

and a threesome with 'female female male' combination is almost every man's dream....haha..

back to topic...both iron are real good stuff, good decision to keep them...keke
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:36 am

Begbie wrote:
This thread is more sappy than any korean drama series... minus the plastic surgery..

Didn't know you watch those.

Then again, to each his own.

Rolling Eyes Razz
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:40 am

golf_snowman wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
tronos wrote:

wow bro...didn't know that you fancy 'threesome'.....haha !!

and a threesome with 'female female male' combination is almost every man's dream....haha..

back to topic...both iron are real good stuff, good decision to keep them...keke

3? Why stop there? Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 Thlildevil1xo0qe
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:36 am

OK, so the first thing I noticed when I woke up is that I am aching in brand new places. It's the left buttock cheek and left leg bicep. They feel like I have been climbing up stairs all day with the left leg only.

Since I hit the range every day, I don't get muscle soreness easily. And for an ache in a brand new area, that is almost unheard of.

I realized I was clearing my hips more and more, really firing into my left side, probably guided by the feedback from the blade in seeking a purer and purer impact.

When an equipment is stripped of non-essentials, focusing only what is necessary for its core function, the result one gets, the feedback, the output, will similarly be very pure.

Any hifi buff here? Many I'm sure. You know how in trying to get a pure sound, each major component is separated and isolated - pre-amplifier, amplifier, cd transport, digital analog converter, etc? Nothing extraneous that detracts from the source, like equalizers. Outsiders will roll their eyes - why pay so much and get so little??

Well, forgiving clubs are like a hifi system with all those components in one convenient and cheaply-priced box, including equalizers. Heck, the TM Burner 2.0 even touts its own sound system, to tune the sound.
Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 Technology_287_burner2irons_2

Here's an example from the opposite end of the spectrum, the Porsche 911 RS.

No airconditioning. No soundproofing. No carpet. No glass windows (you get a type of plastic instead.) No door handle (a leather strip is helpfully provided.) Car audio system? Are you crazy?

Instead, you get one heck of a chassis, as over-engineered as only the Germans can.

Initially, when the RS was first offered, Porsche charged less for the stripped down car, figuring since they took things out, it's only fair. Then they quickly caught on that the RS was in great demand.

Standard Porsche 911 (997) price 75,200 Euro, w aircond, sound system, soundproofing, door handles, etc. all the nice modern things one would expect.

Stripped down Porsche GT3 RS 179,000 Euro, comes with leather strap.

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 Rs4

If one grasps the concept, then one understands the genius of the baby blade.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: For Those Who Like Numbers   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:29 am

Here are the numbers, always useful to analyse them to understand what my swing is doing with different clubs and shafts.

Previously, Mizuno MP52 w Project X 5.5

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 Th_DSC_01451024

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 DSC_0152800

Blades

1) Mizuno MP68 w Project X 6.0

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 Th_DSC_01371024

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 DSC_0163800

2) Miura LE Small Blade w Project X 6.0

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 Th_DSC_01831024

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 DSC_0199800

So, comparing the MP52 with the baby blade, I am getting with the baby blade:

0.33% higher ball speed
5.66% higher launch angle
7.91% LESS spin
1.45% higher smash factor
2.00% more distance
2.68% higher landing angle

Now, comparing the MP68 with the baby blade, I am getting with the baby blade:

3.13% higher ball speed
2.33% lower launch angle
9.00% LESS spin
6.06% higher smash factor
4.81% more distance
4.38% higher landing angle

The element that stood out the most for me was the high smash factor. I seldom see such a high smash factor with my swing before. This seems to suggest that Miura's claim of having a denser and purer head (by triple pressing and milling the hosel separately) bears out.

Overall, the Miura small blades in PX 6.0 are giving me higher launch, lower spin, better smash factor, more distance, and better landing angle.

The launch angle might be a touch high. Next, I will try to lower the launch angle by increasing the angle of attack to see if that gives me further improvements.

Note:
The Miura numbers were taken after I tweaked my swing to accommodate blade. I will re-hit the MP52 and MP68 to take new readings to see what difference the new swing made to these two clubs if any.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:34 am

These higher smash factor numbers puts a measurement to the 'purity' I was singing praises about in my prior post.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 2:13 pm

I am a sucker for anything metal and black.

So, it was somewhat inevitable, after tasting the sweet purity of the Miura small blades, I started adding to my collection.

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 DSC_00151024

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 DSC_0055

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 DSC_0286

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 DSC_0367b

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 DSC_0031

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 DSC_0006

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 DSC_0336

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 DSC_0028
Compared with my trusty rusty Vokey 56deg.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next