Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God

Go down 
+38
zephyr_bloom
WeeQi
4dtoto
zhenxua
Slicer51
golfool2009
gomjgo
botak
chinchiachun
dmateo
slinger
iron eagle
Turbo
fata
asdw
Golf-mass
cmclee
kevlye
Begbie
S70B
stickman
tronos
pushslice
jaketang
cwpei8888
Derek
mizzy
scarynight
Duval_S
Technospaz
golf_snowman
Schulo
TourSwing
duffader
FD448
asahi
simoner
Lee36328
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 10:06 am

On my search to remove the stubborn hook from my driver, I have been hitting the range to the point of almost being fed up. The hook refuses to go away. Whatever fix I employed required timing, so the fix could only be temporary.

I got here as a result of following the pretty pretty swings in golf magazine and golf channel, not to mention Sean Foley, etc. So, the swing looks good, works well for irons, esp the shorter ones, by I can't find the fairway to save my life.

Waydaminute.... Sean Foley, laser irons, can't find fairway with driver... I'M TIGER!

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 8 2009128211639_smiley_ROFLMAO_2

Jez kidding. But seriously, the driver hook is so stubborn, it's not even funny anymore.

Folks, what's wrong with this picture?

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 8 3b50b3aa9abf130118983319e89b78c6

That's one possible manifestation of the 'modern' swing philosophy, arms and legs straight in the release, getting stuck, and duck-hooking, or in this case, blocking the shot off the planet.

The modern swing looks good, but overdone and coupled with the search for more distance, it can lead to this.

So, back to the drawing board for me, yay! Evil or Very Mad

Identified the reason I was hooking - it was the entire swing, not any one element. So the whole swing's gotta go. Develop a new one with less timing element in the release (clue right there.)

Practice, practice, practice.

Now, instead of hooking it off the fairway, I am SLICING IT OFF THE PLANET!

From hooking to slicing? Oh, excellent. I must be on the right track then. Perhaps overdoing it a tad, one might say.

Tone it back, merge the new swing with a bit of the old swing....Take out the 8 iron and try...

WHOA!

It was one of those got-to-stop-and-admire-my-creation-I'm-such-a-genius-because-I-just-hit-that type of shots.

I think I PURED (100%) the blade FOR THE FIRST TIME. I thought I was hitting the blades pretty well and pretty pure so far. I WAS WRONG! THIS IS WHAT PURE ACTUALLY FEELS LIKE.

So... what's the word.... English got no words for it.... damn SHIOK man!

Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
FD448

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:52 pm

I just got my Miura blades irons.... Trying it tomorrow....
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:05 pm

FD448 wrote:
I just got my Miura blades irons.... Trying it tomorrow....

My heartiest congrats.

Prepare to feel purity like you've never felt before.

What shafts?
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:10 pm

Congratz clarence,
Which one did you go with, did you go with the baby blade or the tournament blade ?
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
FD448

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:14 pm

Tournament blades P4-9, using back my old shafts KBS Stiff.... Haha. Hope it works tomorrow ....
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:17 pm

straight to the green then I guess. .Smile
you're bold. I went to China with new driver, iron and wood hahaha. Guess I'm asking for it and can't even play close to my handicap Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ljlow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:56 pm

MCA is expanding fast... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:04 am

I found this little snippet, which sums up how I feel nicely.

===================================================
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. – Theodore Roosevelt

I hate failure.

But I have learned that the faster I fail, the faster I succeed.

I have learned that mistakes are not failure unless you don’t get back up and try again.

I have learned that in order to succeed I have to learn from my mistakes.

And, I have learned that by not trying I am, in fact, failing.

Don’t fail. You are capable of achieving your dreams and your desires. But it takes ACTION.
It takes RIGHT ACTION.

There are too many things that can derail you from your work, your dreams or your desires [or the golf swing you want]. Instead, find ways that keep you on track. Find the accountability partners, support systems and personal development strategies that help you and don’t hinder you.

Learn to talk to yourself and provide yourself with positive reinforcement. Your brain believes what you tell it to. Tell yourself you can succeed.

Believe yourself.

Then go out and take MASSIVE RIGHT ACTION!
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:59 am

Danau UKM has a green speed of 9. Not tour-like 11 like the KLGCC during the Sime Darby LPGA, but plenty testing enough. Especially where their habits of placing the pins on slopes, so if you land on the wrong side, it's more like a 12.

There is a hole, par 3, 178m from the blue tee. Large swath of hazard, followed by a riverlike bunker, running long and across the entire width of the 'fairway', another bunker protecting the entire green, before the green itself. Which is very short but very wide.

Perfect test for the 4-iron or 5 iron. Depending on pin placement, wind, rain, and how well I'm swinging that day.

First 2 times, short, on the fringe. Today, on, but rolled off. Slight hump on the green further protects it.

But so satisfying to put the 4 iron to good use and have it hit the green. I shall mark this par 3 mentally to measure the progress of my long iron swing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8