Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The one golf shot I wish I know how to execute

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

The one golf shot I wish I know how to execute Empty
PostSubject: The one golf shot I wish I know how to execute   The one golf shot I wish I know how to execute I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:44 pm

To all brudders/sista/gurus.....HELP!!!!

Across the past 6 months, I have been dreaming of equipping myself with another shot around the green which is the low pitch shot...with a wedge

The unfortunate problem I have is that I have only one go-to-shot around the green or around the 40m range which is the std SOP chip shot.......but cannot stop the ball coz no spin...so roll fm bedok to Jurong..sometimes Tuas

Read and watch so many golf channel but still cannot find a solution...

Any tip?
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: The one golf shot I wish I know how to execute   The one golf shot I wish I know how to execute I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:42 pm

I do it using AW, PW or 9 iron... putting stroke and bump it in. Easier to control if you could get use to amount of roll.... it will be better that way.
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: The one golf shot I wish I know how to execute   The one golf shot I wish I know how to execute I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:48 pm

Most will tell you to put it back in your stance and hit down steep on the ball. This is not how the pros do it. The spin comes from the speed that the club head is moving. You can not have spin without club head speed. To do this is needs to be more of a sweeping action, very small divot with the hands going around the body. Here is a small piece from a Gary Edwin video on the subject. For copyright reasons I can not post the whole video but it can be obtained if you PM me or subscribe to www.garyedwingolf.com.au There are many other videos there such as these to help you with your game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The one golf shot I wish I know how to execute   The one golf shot I wish I know how to execute I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The one golf shot I wish I know how to execute
Page 1 of 1