Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which golf shot do you fear most????

Go down 
+17
jaketang
clarencekim
Roystonnn
lennylim
rocky
Khorkar
Technospaz
lemmein
nientsu
Ssquirrel
Uncle Lau
tronos
chocoman
nutty88
4dtoto
S70B
Duval_S
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Which golf shot do you fear most???? Empty
PostSubject: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:32 am

Picked this up from Golfonline.....

As for me, t will be the < 3 ft downhill putt.....NB....super scary...look EZ but not EZ....many times, end up 3 putt fm there.

Of coz, there are other shots...but this one, there is no lay-up le
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:47 am

Actually, you should tune your mind to not fear any shot at all no matter the difficulty.

Tell yourself that if you manage to pull it off, the feeling will be extra special.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:59 am

Top shot using 3 wood...Every time have phobia recalling the last top shot..try to recall a good shot with the 3 wood and when swing...top again, lost distance and 1 shot...&^%&^%&*^&*(....

Fade shot also scary...distance chunchun, sure on..aim the pin, ball fade landed outside aim to the left..ball never fade, go striaght to the left into water..&*%^&^(*
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:30 am

Duval_S wrote:
Picked this up from Golfonline.....

As for me, t will be the < 3 ft downhill putt.....NB....super scary...look EZ but not EZ....many times, end up 3 putt fm there.

Of coz, there are other shots...but this one, there is no lay-up le

if it is on super fast green with <3 ft downhill putt, try putting using the toe of the putter. Beer

Actually there is one thing i fear most - CAN'T GOLF. Once on the golf course, just enjoy lor.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:10 pm

i only fear when my ball rolls down the slope.. and my fellow kakis laugh and cheer ' jia yu'!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:49 pm

love those breaking downhill shots......just a slight bump and will will curve like the what u see on TV (btw i always 3 putt no matter the slope or distance Sad )

worst feared shot is the 200m++ 2nd shot when u are thinking 'should i give the 3 wood a go?'. especially if the ball is sitting invitingly on a flat tall grass. I always go for the 3 wood and once almost killed some1 at the other fairway. must think '170m with hybrid then a simple pitch/chip'
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:55 pm

tronos wrote:
love those breaking downhill shots......just a slight bump and will will curve like the what u see on TV (btw i always 3 putt no matter the slope or distance Sad )

worst feared shot is the 200m++ 2nd shot when u are thinking 'should i give the 3 wood a go?'. especially if the ball is sitting invitingly on a flat tall grass. I always go for the 3 wood and once almost killed some1 at the other fairway. must think '170m with hybrid then a simple pitch/chip'

can try within range. ball sitting nicely...

MUST TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:01 pm

I WET MY PANTS WHEN.......i have to putt in to win the match !!!!!!

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:04 pm

The golf shot that goes.... Boomz.. Boomz...
That is one scary fearful shot; esp if I go by my mood and am feeling rad and want to hit a loud shot that goes booms...

Although it's a shot I fear most, I don't really care.. cos it's about ME! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:17 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:

Shocked

u never heard of adult diapers???
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:50 pm

I hate to putt. It looks the easiest. Its like loving someone. Let me explain...

When i first get hold of your putter, i will have this feeling that its going to be my one and only...my last....I am gonna live with it for the rest of my life....I imagine amazing putts with it. At most lah.....2 putts. I can hear Rick Ashleys 'Together Forever ' in the backgound.

Then when you bring it on course....everyone will say,'Wa!!! you got a nice putter lor!!' Everyone will admire it like as if like your putter is your GF and your GF is Shu Qi. Everything at this point seems bliss. Then come the acid test on the green. Somehow or rather, for new putters, the first few putts are usually good. By then you think that all putting is like that. But in reality, all putting from then on went bad. 2 putts at best. 3 putts....4 putts. Its goes back to square one. Unlike driving, or wedge shots, you can admit most of the time that,' Look! My technique sucks' For putting i feel, you can practise at the putting green, but you would also need to know about green speed, reading line... In summary, there are many viariable that will kill you.

Putting is like love.....and like love....you sometimes have to suffer......
Back to top Go down
lemmein
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:57 pm

nientsu wrote:
I hate to putt. It looks the easiest. Its like loving someone. Let me explain...

When i first get hold of your putter, i will have this feeling that its going to be my one and only...my last....I am gonna live with it for the rest of my life....I imagine amazing putts with it. At most lah.....2 putts. I can hear Rick Ashleys 'Together Forever ' in the backgound.

Then when you bring it on course....everyone will say,'Wa!!! you got a nice putter lor!!' Everyone will admire it like as if like your putter is your GF and your GF is Shu Qi. Everything at this point seems bliss. Then come the acid test on the green. Somehow or rather, for new putters, the first few putts are usually good. By then you think that all putting is like that. But in reality, all putting from then on went bad. 2 putts at best. 3 putts....4 putts. Its goes back to square one. Unlike driving, or wedge shots, you can admit most of the time that,' Look! My technique sucks' For putting i feel, you can practise at the putting green, but you would also need to know about green speed, reading line... In summary, there are many viariable that will kill you.

Putting is like love.....and like love....you sometimes have to suffer......

that's just wicked-dramatic dude haha ON the sentiment...my most feared shot would have to be the flop shot, tucked up against the bunker, 4ft of green to work with before the pin and then it's all downhill and feeds away from the pin...u hav2carry the bunker (5m) and land it within the flat 4ft area and STOP the ball before it crosses the ridge...oh my...the sweat does run and the flop shot could just be an amazing hit...or, for most of us beginners...a "flop"...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:45 pm

For me, it's the bunker shot, especially if it's a plugged lie.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:52 pm

chocoman wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

Shocked

u never heard of adult diapers???

Everyone who played with me know i don't wear underwear mah !

HELP
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:57 pm

Tee shot over water and with strong head winds......
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:01 pm

Downhill to the green with bunker in front. 2nd shot on Palm Villa Putra Course Hole #17 (Par 3). That's why I lay up from now on.... Sad
Back to top Go down
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:56 pm

1. plugged fairway bunker
2. vertical face of greenside bunker
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 12:06 am

bunker shots I scared most...
Damn bad in it... never got much chance to practise this..
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:35 am

Roystonnn wrote:
bunker shots I scared most...
Damn bad in it... never got much chance to practise this..

Go to East Coast in the evening, find a quiet spot, bring some old golf balls ....and starts practising your bunker shots from the beach sand !

pig
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:43 am

I notice that most golfers go to the range to practice what they are good at. ie, mid irons-short irons, hybrids and driver. You seldom see people hit a bucket of long irons, 3 woods and pitch shots.

If there is a shot that u fear, practice until its like licking your chops.
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:57 am

For me, my most feared situation is any shot that involves striking the golf ball with a golf club--including putting!

Shot 102 gross --grumble grumble--at TM--Tampines yesterday.

Rain delay of almost two hours.

pale

I ate sushi and drink beer while waiting, and tcss with DG_Man and the kakis at halfway house.

Chatted with FrosTEE during the after-game charity dinner & auction.

Play TM-Garden Course next Weds--I should get some practice playing under rainy conditions just n case.

CK
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 12:06 pm

clarencekim wrote:
For me, my most feared situation is any shot that involves striking the golf ball with a golf club--including putting!

Shot 102 gross --grumble grumble--at TM--Tampines yesterday.

Rain delay of almost two hours.

pale

I ate sushi and drink beer while waiting, and tcss with DG_Man and the kakis at halfway house.

Chatted with FrosTEE during the after-game charity dinner & auction.

Play TM-Garden Course next Weds--I should get some practice playing under rainy conditions just n case.

CK

TMCC Charity didn't used the Chillipadi and Big Bawang thingy ???

afro
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 12:56 pm

feeling not confident n in doubts are shots tht i feared most.....

trying to have a positive mindset in all shots before i execute..... putting included...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:31 pm

Downhill shot also scares me.
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:41 pm

I have done all sorts of rubbish shots, seen all possible directions my ball can go, every trajectories my ball can fly, I am totally numb & immune to fear.

So any lies or conditions the ball is in, I just step up to it, try to think of a reasonable way to play it, then execute. If didn't pull it off, i just shrugged & tell myself, " Nvm, just 1 more bad shot to add to the millions I had." Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which golf shot do you fear most????   Which golf shot do you fear most???? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which golf shot do you fear most????
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next