Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flat swing plane

Go down 
+3
Frederick
nientsu
aimscratch
7 posters
AuthorMessage
aimscratch
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Flat swing plane Empty
PostSubject: Flat swing plane   Flat swing plane I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:19 am

If i have a really flat swing plane, what can i do about it? I can hit the ball really well though but my swing doesnt look that good. 8iron swing plane is almost like a fairway wood swing plane.

tips anyone?
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

Flat swing plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat swing plane   Flat swing plane I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:51 am

y fix it if it aint broke?? If the results are good, y bother if its ugly??
Back to top Go down
Frederick
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Frederick

Flat swing plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat swing plane   Flat swing plane I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:12 am

aimscratch wrote:
If i have a really flat swing plane, what can i do about it? I can hit the ball really well though but my swing doesnt look that good. 8iron swing plane is almost like a fairway wood swing plane.

tips anyone?

I had this problem too.... visited a pro and its a grip issue... it can be solved easily. The reason you are hitting the ball well is probably because you gotten used to it... but there will be certain shots you will find it difficult to execute. Or occasionally you will top it. Right? See a pro soon...
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Flat swing plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat swing plane   Flat swing plane I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:21 am

Miguel Angel Jimenez is a successful golfer on the euro tour and has a really flat swing plane too
not the most pretty but works. Many ways to skin a cat

There will be 2 school of thoughts here
1) leave it if u think the results of ur swing is decent. A pro like Miguel can be successful with such a swing too
2) get a pro to fix it if it bothers u and/ or certain aspects of ur game suffers due to the flat swing
Back to top Go down
b.b.carabanesis
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
b.b.carabanesis

Flat swing plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat swing plane   Flat swing plane I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:07 am

aimscratch wrote:

tips anyone?

I last checked that golf is a game about what is written on the score card, and not a sport when you swing and you have a panel of judges flashing score boards.
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

Flat swing plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat swing plane   Flat swing plane I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:19 am

Heard of Matt Kuchar?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Flat swing plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat swing plane   Flat swing plane I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:26 am

i'm on the other side, I swing my irons very steep, I take deep divots. Very "up and down and up" movement. Result is less distance on irons even on good hits (my 7i maxed out at 140m) and if I mishit, FAT shots and ball go 20m. More than a few people/pros have recommended me to flatten my iron swing plane just a bit, swing around me just a bit like I swing the driver.

Always amazed at the amount of divots that Jimenez takes, very very little! Hits it super clean.

but as bros mentioned, if it works for you, why change?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flat swing plane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat swing plane   Flat swing plane I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flat swing plane
Page 1 of 1