Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path Empty
PostSubject: How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path   How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:04 pm

Most golfers take the club away too far inside which results in a very flat swing plane. This leads to an over the top downswing which results in sliced shots or pulls to the left. To fix this problem it is as simple as changing your set up. If your knees are too bent, your spine will be too upright causing your arms to move away too flat and inside. Try straightening your legs a little and getting your body more over the ball at set up

How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path Setup_10How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path Setup_14

The club can not travel back on the correct path

How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path Back_b12How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path Back_a12

This will now get the club going back more on the correct plane, reducing the need to come over the top on the downswing

How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path Back_b13How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path Back_a13

Most golfers who spend most of the day sitting at a desk will tend to have the knees too bent and straightening the legs will feel a little uncomfortable. Try some stretching of the hamstrings to make this easier and fix your swing plane
Back to top Go down
smails
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path   How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:50 pm

Amazing the change just by changing set up. Are there other factors that can cause a flat swing plane?
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path   How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:23 pm

smails wrote:
Amazing the change just by changing set up. Are there other factors that can cause a flat swing plane?

There are other factors definitely. Usually related to fundamentals such as grip, turning direction, swing radius, arm direction. Most of the time these can be corrected by getting the start right so that the club can then move the correct way. The legs being too bent is a very common one I see a lot with new students. They try to fix their plane by manipulating the club with their wrists or arms, rather than just looking for the cause of the problem and then changing that. Majority of swing faults are related to the lower half of the body
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path   How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:31 pm

Very true! You can see how the sole of the club is much squarely at set up in the improved posture than the first one, which the the club sitting more at the heel. That is also a contributing factor right RSC?
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path   How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 1:50 pm

jurongtiger wrote:
Very true! You can see how the sole of the club is much squarely at set up in the improved posture than the first one, which the the club sitting more at the heel. That is also a contributing factor right RSC?

Well spotted jurongtiger. Yes a change in set up will have an effect on the fitting of the club. This is why the fitting charts used by companies such as Ping may not always be correct for all golfers. Set up correctly and then get fitted to your correct set up is my advise. If your clubs are not correct, you may set up to suit the club rather than vice versa.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path   How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi Paul, does this mean the opposite occurs as well (standing too upright)?
The down swing felt stuck and resulted in the ball that travels to the right (push fade or just push) - which does not occur or cured when the right leg is put one step back.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path   How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:29 pm

wow that was the exact same thing that happened to me today at the range WMF. all my balls were blocked and kept going straight right. until i told myself to stand a little further and flex a little more..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path   How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Fix your Swing Plane/Path
Page 1 of 1