Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A fear to overcome

Go down 
+16
TheFocalPoint
weesern
mizzy
blee67
slinger
mloy
Batman
sandkie
pushslice
asahi
navik
haragolfer
Duval_S
Technospaz
duffader
golfjoy
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:39 am

The WOODS ....

I have this fear when hitting with my woods.
Somehow, it feels weird holding such long clubs. Suspect

And the fact that I almost 'killed' my neighbours @ the range didn't help!!!

Arghh ... pale

Anyone had the same issue before?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:53 am

Your Fear can be only conquered with practise. Every golfers have been thru that.... and hopefully you got yourself a pro to help you with it.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 12:07 pm

Golf is a game of sheer confidence. IF you are confident that you can hit a great shot, often, you will. It's mind over matter.

For me, I prefer to hit my balls into the rough. I get more enjoyment from the game and I get to explore the various wildlife which one doesn't often see.... for example, we say a baby cobra at RJCC recently Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 1:39 pm

I too have the fear for the longer clubs.

I tried to give them different names....eg. Sleepy, Bashful, Doc, Grumpy, Sneezy, Happy and Grumpy.

I think it helps to mitigate the fear......try it out
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:01 pm

My fear starts from the tee box, and then i fear the fairway , and then i get really tense in the bunker. Finally, i collapse into a nasty frenzy when i am on the green. i wonder if i should be playing this game. Psychologically, it's just too paralysing.
Back to top Go down
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:14 pm

golfjoy wrote:
The WOODS ....

I have this fear when hitting with my woods.
Somehow, it feels weird holding such long clubs. Suspect

And the fact that I almost 'killed' my neighbours @ the range didn't help!!!

Arghh ... pale

Anyone had the same issue before?

Don't worry too much about the killing part...my friend and I regularly attempted the same thing during every range session...Twisted Evil

I have the same problem with long clubs...does not help that I'm not tall either....hence my resolution for the new year is to focus on mastering my 3 and 4 hybrids before upgrading to the woods and drivers

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:21 pm

Duval_S wrote:

I tried to give them different names....eg. Sleepy, Bashful, Doc, Grumpy, Sneezy, Happy and Grumpy.

Ditto for me.....fear for the woods....only once nick for them. 'F@**.'
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:24 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Golf is a game of sheer confidence. IF you are confident that you can hit a great shot, often, you will. It's mind over matter.

For me, I prefer to hit my balls into the rough. I get more enjoyment from the game and I get to explore the various wildlife which one doesn't often see.... for example, we say a baby cobra at RJCC recently Smile

snake? wah lau I'll take unplayable lie any day bro...i'll even take stroke and distance kekeke. That's my no.1 fear in golf. Number 2 is a 3-foot putt for par. Number 3 is topping my ball on the first tee when you have flights behind you. Number 4 is ball lies above of feet. Finally, number 5 is Mloy's loud screams when I'm about to swing, i'm starting to get used to that Razz
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 3:31 pm

My no.1 fear is rain with thunder... can only play once a month then go to golf course but can't play...
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 4:03 pm

Then there's only 2 ways...

1) Overcome it n keep on practicing. Maybe can choose the right most bay so that even if u slice, u won't hit anyone.

2) Sell off the woods n use ur long iron instead. Assume ur 7iron goes 100m. Then u will be on e green within 4-5 strokes. Can still putt for par or bogey. Idea rite? Razz

My problem is my wedges.... Always top it... No chance for me to practice in driving range Sad
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 4:52 pm

My fear is the pitching wedge. Always top the ball. So sian to use it. So much so that I hardly use my wedge. Wedge for SALE!!!!! Just kidding. I suppose I am not practising my pitching enough therefore that result.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:03 pm

mloy wrote:
My fear is the pitching wedge. Always top the ball. So sian to use it. So much so that I hardly use my wedge. Wedge for SALE!!!!! Just kidding. I suppose I am not practising my pitching enough therefore that result.

dear darling, mayb u hit it too long for u to practise your Pw..... dun it so far can or not, pan chance lah

btw, merry xmas ..... Face Hug
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:03 pm

but hor, when you top the ball, it went into the hole lei... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:04 pm

i hear somebody Par 4 almost one on.. no wonder PW is no use to her.. Smile
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:11 pm

if u already thought of failure, you will fail... got to learn how to block out the negatives associated with each clubs and believe you can hit it... of coz you dun do that blindly... if you really cannot hit a 3 wood, do not use it on course yet... practise first.

If you always top your wedges, pitches or chips, thats because you do not trust your swing and keep thinking that you will top it... interesting thing abt unker shots, pitches and chips, the more you hesitate in your swing, the more you will top it...

believe you can do it and if you top it, accept the fact that such things happen and move on... tough luck... in golf, funny things happen... once i had a good drive to the middle of the fairway, walk up to it and cannot find the ball... if I am to worry my drives will get lost in the fairway, then no need to tee off with driver liao
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:00 pm

slinger wrote:
mloy wrote:

dear darling, mayb u hit it too long for u to practise your Pw..... dun it so far can or not, pan chance lah

Merry Christmas to you too slinger. Till we meet again......
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 8:59 pm

Quote :
mloy wrote:
slinger wrote:
mloy wrote:

Merry Christmas to you too slinger. Till we meet again......

Dearest GR Champ (B2B)......my suggestion is don lay up....chiong for the green and such, don need to use PW lor....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 9:49 pm

My fear is a golf club.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:05 pm

haragolfer wrote:
My fear starts from the tee box, and then i fear the fairway , and then i get really tense in the bunker. Finally, i collapse into a nasty frenzy when i am on the green. i wonder if i should be playing this game. Psychologically, it's just too paralysing.

Yeah, i think you should quit too. Get a new hobby.. maybe take up sewing. Smile
Back to top Go down
zephyr_bloom
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zephyr_bloom

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:12 pm

My fear is the dreadful sand bunker. Blee and Mizzy can attest to that. Almost every hole. Harrowing experience at OCC pale
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:15 pm

my fear is people asking for strokes from me ... pale
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:20 pm

zephyr_bloom wrote:
My fear is the dreadful sand bunker. Blee and Mizzy can attest to that. Almost every hole. Harrowing experience at OCC pale

yeah i think the sand at occ is bad. thin half inch layer of sand on top is loose, fools you becos just below that, the sand is hard, compacted and wet most times.
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:32 pm

mizzy wrote:
zephyr_bloom wrote:

yeah i think the sand at occ is bad. thin half inch layer of sand on top is loose, fools you becos just below that, the sand is hard, compacted and wet most times.

Ah? Then can you 'test' the sand before hitting? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:33 pm

Technospaz wrote:
My fear is a golf club.

Shocked
Suspect
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:36 pm

Duval_S wrote:

OOOH? R u really this cute??!?!?! Suspect Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A fear to overcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fear to overcome   A fear to overcome I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A fear to overcome
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next