Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who know about greensome rules?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
princegary
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Who know about greensome rules? Empty
PostSubject: Who know about greensome rules?   Who know about greensome rules? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 3:31 pm

I want to find out about greensome as I find it pretty interesting but sadly to say, I couldnt find out much about it on the web. Can I have some advices or opinions? I know that it involves playing alternate shots after picking one ball after both players tee-off. After which, alternate shots by rotating players are engaged. What about in an event where A hits the 2nd shot into the water, who plays next? If two players teed an OB, what rules apply? So on, blah blah blah. So appreciate if any people here can help.

THANKS!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Who know about greensome rules?   Who know about greensome rules? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 4:30 pm

hmmm...foursome....???? sound kinky....I only know 3some and trouble'some'

here you go

Quote :
Definition: Greensomes, also known as Scotch Foursomes, is a competition format that is a variation of foursomes (2-person teams, each playing one ball). In Greensomes, both players on a team tee off, the best of the two tee balls is selected and that ball is then played alternate-shot until holed.
In regular foursomes, the 2-person team would play alternate shot for the full hole, i.e., only one tee ball would be hit.

Greensomes is essentially a 2-person scramble off the tee, then alternate-shot into the hole.

Also Known As: Scotch Foursomes, Canadian Foursomes
Back to top Go down
princegary
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Who know about greensome rules?   Who know about greensome rules? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 4:33 pm

Yup, I did read up on this part of how it is played, however the rules, like some of those that I have listed doesnt seem to be available. Thanks for the help man, golf is surely a troublesome game. HAHA!
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Who know about greensome rules?   Who know about greensome rules? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:38 am

If A hit the ball into water (not his tee shot), then B will be next to play the shot by incurring one stroke penalty.

If both players OB on their tee shots, then both must re-tee and the best ball is then in play, follow by alternate shots till holed out. Of course there will be penalty strokes incurred.

I stand corrected. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
princegary
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Who know about greensome rules?   Who know about greensome rules? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:11 am

Ok that was what I thought as well, but I also heard about some saying the format is played by taking alternate shots. So they say it was explained by A hitting the odd number shot and B hitting the even number shot for that hole until they holed it. If this is true, if A hitting the 2nd shot (even) hits into the water, the next shot to be engaged is the 4th shot, which is also even, therefore A must play again and not B. How?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who know about greensome rules?   Who know about greensome rules? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who know about greensome rules?
Page 1 of 1