Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?

Go down 
+39
snakeman
sp
Denmeister
limkh927
billi
Slicer51
TDO
huachaising
youming
simoner
Supermario
andytath
enwee
Golfer Guy
hkhamateur
Kengnam
Fatboy
Bangla123
Turbo
mi5trooper
slinger
Ssquirrel
pippin
klt8144
weesern
ChrisD
duffader
S70B
Khorkar
jimmychoo
nrafee
Begbie
asahi
bomby
Duval_S
Technospaz
mojojojo
wilkang
momo
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:44 pm

At the end of it all, I usually have to borrow money from the caddy to pay off my losses.
Back to top Go down
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:53 pm

i maybe asking a silly question (newbie mah).

1. I understand sometime it in a group of 2 or 4 golfer, so when tipping, is it each give 1x tip or 1 tip share by all?

2. I don't understand about PRC (candy) will be more tip. if some can share with me the story?

3. Can we ask the front desk about what is the regular tipping rate of that club? (is this consider rude?)

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:01 pm

mi5trooper wrote:
i maybe asking a silly question (newbie mah).

No such thing as a silly question - just silly answers Smile

mi5trooper wrote:
1. I understand sometime it in a group of 2 or 4 golfer, so when tipping, is it each give 1x tip or 1 tip share by all?

In JB courses (especially JCC), it's usually one caddy per golfer so each golfer tips their own caddy. Where the caddy is shared, you may want to have each golfer tip the golfer. You may not want to tip the caddy double what he/she makes if he/she was caddying for a single golfer but you can consider a tip which is 1.5x the single tip. For example, if you typically tip the caddy RM50 if the caddies for a single golfer, you can tip the caddy RM75-80 if he caddies for 2 golfers so split the amount between the 2 golfers. This is all discretionary though.

mi5trooper wrote:
2. I don't understand about PRC (candy) will be more tip. if some can share with me the story?

This is a question best answered by Asahi.

mi5trooper wrote:
3. Can we ask the front desk about what is the regular tipping rate of that club? (is this consider rude?)

I don't think it's rude to ask. I've never done so before though. But I'd recommend doing some research beforehand rather than asking employees of the club.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:35 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I think a distinction needs to be drawn.

If at a club like Starhill where the caddy drives the buggy around with all 4 bags while the entire flight walks, then RM20-30 is fair, I believe. (This is because one caddy is shared by the flight.)

For Starhill - Bintang walking course, 1 caddy handles 4 players with a turf mate, we usually give RM 60 to him.
Back to top Go down
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 12:32 am

ok. next time if i do visit green, i will post here to ask the regular tip and fee before going. hehe...
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 3:16 am

Maybe a 10% of the caddy charge should suffice
Back to top Go down
Fatboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Fatboy

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Can I safely say that it is average RM 15 - 20/- per golfer for twin sharing caddy ( 1 caddy for 2 golfers) & RM 50 - 60 per golfer for 1 to 1 and walking course.

This is for average or acceptable level of service and average golfer who do not have a lot of OB balls that the caddy needs to find.

Additional can be given for other valid or not so valid reasons to each ind golfers.

Back to top Go down
http://www.permatex.com
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:14 pm

RM50 for one baggy...
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Kengnam wrote:
RM50 for one baggy...

Usually upon registration, the counter staff will advice you.Very Happy

min. Rm50 Cool
Back to top Go down
Golfer Guy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:08 pm

I have tipped higher. Really depends on the quality of the caddy. The basic rate is RM20 per golfer for a buggy pair and upwards of RM40 for single.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 6:40 pm

Normally for me, 1 caddy for 2 player would be RM 50
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:21 pm

More from me and Chippy for the China caddies at Horizon Hills. hehe

Razz

Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:48 pm

My most unfortunate and anggry moment.

Venue: golf course in batam...think it's palm something

Fren chio me to go batam as there was a tourney...I got pass and went for the sat event. Kena paired with fren, his fren and this stranger.
After game, ask fren, how much to tip. Fren said $x (can't remember how much). Told the stranger as he ask me.

Nb, he not shy....took my money and gave to the caddy and say fm both of us.....wah piang!!!! Like that also dare to do. Told my fren how come like this as in is this the practise ..... End of the day, we both top up.

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Duval_S wrote:
My most unfortunate and anggry moment.

Venue: golf course in batam...think it's palm something

Fren chio me to go batam as there was a tourney...I got pass and went for the sat event. Kena paired with fren, his fren and this stranger.
After game, ask fren, how much to tip. Fren said $x (can't remember how much). Told the stranger as he ask me.

Nb, he not shy....took my money and gave to the caddy and say fm both of us.....wah piang!!!! Like that also dare to do. Told my fren how come like this as in is this the practise ..... End of the day, we both top up.

I would ask him for the money during the after games, drink or dinner...buay paiseh....
Back to top Go down
andytath
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
andytath

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:15 pm

I usually tip RM35-50 depending whether the caddie is proactive a not.... I kanna before asking caddie where the ball go and she answered don't know lei
Back to top Go down
Supermario
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:06 pm

maybe you can call me cheapo but i usually tip them max RM 20 if they are good. but usually most of them are not very good....
Back to top Go down
Fatboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Fatboy

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:16 am

I don't play much golf so just want to have a common understanding on this.

For this case, my next trip to Legends Kulai was cost me more :-

RM 78.00 (green fee)
RM 17.50 (RM 35 caddy fee - twin sharing)
RM 5.00 (RM 10 advance booking fee for caddy)
RM 50.00 (Tips for caddy)

I maybe be a cheapo, low-ball, not keen golfers previously as my common amt is abt RM 15 - 20 for twin-sharing caddy on buggy course; my score is abt mid 90s (can go to over 100 if I can Very Happy ) and not too keen to find lose balls that I deem as seriously lose so that I do not hold back my kakis and the flight after us and also getting the caddy in danger of biten by snakes, falling into ponds, etc.

I just play for companions of good friends and have a good time on a working weekday in JB.

Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:35 am

Golfer Guy wrote:
I have tipped higher. Really depends on the quality of the caddy. The basic rate is RM20 per golfer for a buggy pair and upwards of RM40 for single.

This is what I normally give too.
Back to top Go down
youming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:46 am

Fatboy wrote:
I don't play much golf so just want to have a common understanding on this.

For this case, my next trip to Legends Kulai was cost me more :-

RM 78.00 (green fee)
RM 17.50 (RM 35 caddy fee - twin sharing)
RM 5.00 (RM 10 advance booking fee for caddy)
RM 50.00 (Tips for caddy)

I maybe be a cheapo, low-ball, not keen golfers previously as my common amt is abt RM 15 - 20 for twin-sharing caddy on buggy course; my score is abt mid 90s (can go to over 100 if I can Very Happy ) and not too keen to find lose balls that I deem as seriously lose so that I do not hold back my kakis and the flight after us and also getting the caddy in danger of biten by snakes, falling into ponds, etc.

I just play for companions of good friends and have a good time on a working weekday in JB.

Haha, I believer that can go to 80s if you want Very Happy Very Happy

How are you?

Youming
Back to top Go down
Fatboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Fatboy

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:58 am

youming wrote:

How are you?

Youming

Uncle,

I am 46 this year and near 90 is already an achievement for me. Laughing

Now got backache, thigh sore, etc after every game so I might not lasts long in golf leow. Rolling Eyes

PS. Still enjoying yourself with the chipper and hope it serve you well.

Back to top Go down
youming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:00 am

Fatboy wrote:
youming wrote:

How are you?

Youming

Uncle,

I am 46 this year and near 90 is already an achievement for me. Laughing

Now got backache, thigh sore, etc after every game so I might not lasts long in golf leow. Rolling Eyes

PS. Still enjoying yourself with the chipper and hope it serve you well.

for near green less than 10 meter, it is good for me, but morethan that, I still use my 52, 56 or even 9.
Back to top Go down
huachaising
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
huachaising

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:17 am

RM 20 to RM 50 should be OK. It depends also on the service. If it is very good, then more than RM50 will be OK. But we should not give if the service is bad. anyway great to know what is the market rate.....around $50 for 5hrs......in 2012......in future years inflation will make RM smaller.....
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:45 am

I thought the caddies are already paid a fee by the club (except JCC where the tips go directly to the caddies because the club had done away with it). The tips golfers give are additional bonus on top of the fees paid by the club because golfers are already charged a fee for the caddies. Anyone want to confirm this statement?
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:49 am

TDO wrote:
I thought the caddies are already paid a fee by the club (except JCC where the tips go directly to the caddies because the club had done away with it). The tips golfers give are additional bonus on top of the fees paid by the club because golfers are already charged a fee for the caddies. Anyone want to confirm this statement?

That is correct, Sir.
Back to top Go down
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 10:12 am

rm 50
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next