Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new golf grips

Go down 
+11
fabulous
DGman
ironfist
solarpop
golf_snowman
jaketang
golfcoma
benhogan
mUAr_cHEe
Technospaz
jurongtiger
15 posters
AuthorMessage
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 5:02 am

Hi friends

I am looking to regrip my whole set of irons. have been using this set of Nikes for well over 2 yrs now... factory grips's getting a bit hard and smooth. 4- PW.

Any lobangs for brands of grips to be fitted?

Where should I get them done?

What is the market rate then for 7 clubs regriped, say golf pride?

I heard also that factory grips are usually a bit too skinny for the average guy. And the gauge should be that the 3rd and 4th fingers of the left hand should be just about touching the base of the fleshy part of the palm to be of teh right size? Is that true?

Thanks for the advises!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 5:29 am

I think it depends on which grips you pick. Obviously, some will be more expensive than others. I believe that the prices you see for the grips include the workmanship etc. On the average, the golf pride grips I've seen run in the region of $20-50 per grip so you may be looking at anywhere from $150-350 to get your 7 clubs regripped. Again, this boils down to the grips you pick.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 6:49 am

There are not much lobangs for grips. Their prices are already low, thus market rates are all about the same. Original grip suppliers more or less all get from the same source.

Most clubfitters all have a healthy supply of grips and do a decent job out of it.

Myself, I am a little particular about my grips. Especially recently when I decided to go gloveless.

I was using GolfPride's V-55 cord and I liked it, but now I have switched back to Multi-Compounds to give it another run.
Back to top Go down
benhogan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:05 am

I am using Golf Pride BCT full cord, the rubber is too flimsy thus it doesnt last, the cord breaks and I have to use a flame to trim it. ( after less than 10 rounds + ranges )
maybe it's the way I grip...
Will stick to the GP tour velvet full cord.
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:47 am

I like the perfect pro grips - have them on my irons. However, I wouldn't recommend them if you play in the rain as they become very slippery when wet. Otherwise, I think they're great! Very nice color selection too Wink

Have the MC grip on my wedges and they nice as well.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:59 am

bro, pls be very careful n serious on the grips. Dun juz go for price, go for respectable guys to do it for you...

as our palms varies individually, it's good to visit those who at least measure your palms/hands rather then juz change it directly.

if the new grips are different (be it bigger, smaller, heavier ,etc), it might also affect your swing, trust me.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 12:03 pm

i had my driver fitted with Iomic grip... so far, i quite like the grip, especially when I have been playing gloveless all the time..

I'm planning to have my iron re-grip also, maybe few months later, to iomi grip also

They have nice color too...hehe[left]
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Wah MC gloveless with multi-compound? Your hands must be like leather..

I'm also using the multi-compund for my irons and i think they're nice. Good feel and grip.

Agree with jaketang about getting fitted for size. Some "clubfitters" will insist that your hand is the standard size and that one round of tape is definitely good enough, but that's rarely the case. When i changed my grips, i asked the guy to make sure its the same size as the original, it turned out much smaller. In the end had to pay more money to get it resized at BFG.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 3:26 pm

check this link out! i tried it out but i'm not too sure about how accurate it is.. maybe some of the pros here can shed some light?

Grip Sizing

and i love the look of the multicompound too! but i get sweaty palms sometimes so i'm not sure whether to go for winn grips instead..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 3:26 pm

solarpop wrote:
Agree with jaketang about getting fitted for size. Some "clubfitters" will insist that your hand is the standard size and that one round of tape is definitely good enough, but that's rarely the case. When i changed my grips, i asked the guy to make sure its the same size as the original, it turned out much smaller. In the end had to pay more money to get it resized at BFG.

I agree. I was confused when I was first selecting my grips at BFG but Jeff asked me for glove size, took a look at my hand, watched my grip the club etc to see whether the grip which I thought was nice was in fact suitable for me.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 3:37 pm

grip selection is very personal. if you like a certain feel, its tough to find something else that will match.

most tour players that we work with use a certain type and nothing else, even one extra paper and they can tell. GP made a limited production run of a cord grip, Victory - old school, greenish with cord and its issue to tour player only. got money also cannot get.

benhogan, i dont think they make TV Cord anymore (its replaced by the BCT which is softer but not as hardly) so if you come across it, load it up.

when changing grip, take note of current grip weight (any change in grip weight can affect swing weight), grip size, type and your shaft butt size. take your time to choose what you like and if you are not sure, just change one piece and make sure you like that before you spend money on an entire set.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 4:08 pm

great advice mate. Smile and we are creatures of habit huh.. when we find something we like everything else just seems to feel horrible.
Back to top Go down
fabulous
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fabulous

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 5:27 pm

How to clean the iomic grip? cos tried with warm water n sponge with some soap still cant clean well.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:05 am

DGman wrote:
GP made a limited production run of a cord grip, Victory - old school, greenish with cord and its issue to tour player only. got money also cannot get.
DGman
Wah... this one very swee leh..... Got one rotorhead guy got from a shop near Henderson... I guess he is VIP customer lor.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:12 am

not VIP customer..

but he is the only one worthy of such rare grips...

i know some ppl also getting arrogant liao... dun wanna fit for common folk.. ask ppl go and take lessons and come back...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:22 am

DGMan, what was the Golf Pride grip which I was interested in yesterday but you did not have stock of?
Back to top Go down
benhogan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:24 am

Thank u DGM, I need full cord and something slightly soft ( trigger finger not recovered ), the BCT was perfect except it really doesnt last.
Back to top Go down
redbull
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
redbull

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:19 am

DGman wrote:
grip selection is very personal. if you like a certain feel, its tough to find something else that will match.

DGman

means if you are used to holding something big, you will be more comfortable with a bigger grip? What a Face
Back to top Go down
albertoh23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
albertoh23

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:23 am

anyone knows a gd shop to regrip my 5 wood? dont quite understand but would like to seek professional assistance in this area.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:58 am

fabulous wrote:
How to clean the iomic grip? cos tried with warm water n sponge with some soap still cant clean well.

I prefer not using warm water.

Do you have detergent like Ariel in your country?

If you do, mix Ariel with cold tap water and used your old toothbrush, and gently scrub it
and leave it for a few minutes so that the "chemicals" will interact with your Iomic grip.

then re-do the toothbrushing of your Iomic grip.
until it cleanses the dirt away.

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Sponsored content

new golf grips Empty
PostSubject: Re: new golf grips   new golf grips I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new golf grips
Page 1 of 1