Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Increasing forearm strength/ grip strength

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Increasing forearm strength/ grip strength Empty
PostSubject: Increasing forearm strength/ grip strength   Increasing forearm strength/ grip strength I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 3:46 pm

Anyone used a powerball before? Had a chance to play with my fren's powerball today, seems quite good for building up forearm strength. It's non-impact compared to doing wrist curls, which I find is easy to over-strain.

Now my question is, is this actually useful for golf? One of the claims of the powerball is that it can help to increase driving distance (but then again, all golf-related manufacturer make the same claim to sell their products)
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Increasing forearm strength/ grip strength Empty
PostSubject: Re: Increasing forearm strength/ grip strength   Increasing forearm strength/ grip strength I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 3:55 pm

Any strengthening exercise sure to help but Methinks it is more to work on the core muscles i.e trunk, abs and lower back muscles. Oh, and at the same time, to work on flexibility of the muscles, especially the big back muscles like the lat dorsi.
Back to top Go down

Increasing forearm strength/ grip strength
Page 1 of 1