Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?

Go down 
+12
G_Man
jaketang
weesern
art
Lamts18
SC
mUAr_cHEe
ironfist
Roystonnn
Uncle Lau
Technospaz
TeD
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:02 pm

does all bags bought from e.g golf house, lukewa.. come with the rain hood as the norm?

it does right?
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:41 pm

i think there is a diff between rain cover and the standard golf bag hood. all bags come with a hood cover, unless u dun wan it. whether they are rain-proof, will depend on the material.

i think there was another thread talking about add-on rain covers and water-proofing the bag,,,
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:38 pm

If only I was in the US.

Ogio Edge bag going for US$129.88 + S&H.

S70B... a good offer is you're keen.

(In case anyone's wondering, S&H to Singapore is almost US$80)
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:44 pm

Almost 2 yrs ago I was looking at Ogio bags, & really loved the look of Edge. However, the only thing that really turns me off was the crocodile jaw rain hood. Awful looking. I end up buying the Ogio Grom, which was also a beautiful functional bag, except that the hood was not that durable.

But then again, most stand bag rain hoods are made of soft thin material, which will tear easily after prolonged rough handling by caddies or bag drop attendants. That was the case with my Ogio Grom after only 10 months.

In the end i changed to a nice Callaway Big Bertha cart bag, which was only a little bigger than the Ogio Grom stand bag. I am now trying to get myself a nice medium size TaylorMade cart bag, but none has appealed to me so far. Sad
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:17 pm

i personally love my mizuno gtx. it doesn't cost that much ($230) and it's a nice hybrid of a stand and cart bag.. only thing the organiser on the top is a little complicated.. haha
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:18 pm

i like to use my bags with no covers. then again, it works for me as i play in singapore mostly and have this habit of putting my bag straight into my car after my game by myself.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:24 pm

yeah my hood is permanently shoved into my cupboard.. haven't used it in a long while..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:35 pm

I keep the hood on. I think it's useful to help protect the clubs etc. Don't ask me from what.

Anyway, I saw a nice Callaway Bag which looked pretty good. It's the FT Performance Stand Bag. Looks bigger than the average stand bag but nicer too!
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:09 pm

hmm keeping the hood on also keeps prying eyes away from your gear too! haha i'm quite shy about mine!
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:17 pm

I guess it's ok not to use the hood when playing in SG. But best to cover up when playing outside of our crime-less country tongue. I've heard too many instances of equipment being swiped or swapped, & no one was any wiser until they open up their golf bag the next time.
Back to top Go down
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Technospaz wrote:
If only I was in the US.

Ogio Edge bag going for US$129.88 + S&H.

S70B... a good offer is you're keen.

(In case anyone's wondering, S&H to Singapore is almost US$80)

A very good deal....
sad on the shipping thingy.
have anyone tried Vpost?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:39 pm

I bet it's still going to be expensive since you'll have to pay S&H to the vPost address AND then pay for vPost shipping back to SG.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:15 pm

[OT]

Having looked around and evaluated my options, I think I'm now more keen on a cart bag as opposed to a stand bag. A cart bag is able to carry more though it's not much bigger than a stand bag (well, it depends on which models).

Any thoughts for those who have either moved from stand bags to cart bags or vice versa?

[/OT]
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:19 am

as i used mostly buggy or motorized carts now, i used cart bags now as they are more roomy and can accommodate more stuffs ... just gave away my stand bag to a good friend last week ... Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:10 am

Lamts18 wrote:
as i used mostly buggy or motorized carts now, i used cart bags now as they are more roomy and can accommodate more stuffs ... just gave away my stand bag to a good friend last week ... Smile

Thanks, Mr. Lam Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3