Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?

Go down 
+12
G_Man
jaketang
weesern
art
Lamts18
SC
mUAr_cHEe
ironfist
Roystonnn
Uncle Lau
Technospaz
TeD
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? Empty
PostSubject: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:58 pm

As Above Hee hee, Noob here.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:00 pm

Cart bag is a golf bag which is bigger than the stand bags, i.e. the ones which have legs which can be propped up to support the bag. It is intended for use in golf buggy.

A staff bag is a tour bag which are the big ones you see on TV and are played by the pros on tour. They are far bigger, far heavier and can carry a lot more. Carried by caddies in most situations.

Size-wise, the basic order is as follows:

Sunday bag -> Stand bag -> Cart bag -> Staff bag

For more info, check out: http://www.overstock.com/guides/golf-bag-buying-guide
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:29 pm

Yes ! Cart bag if you play in Singapore with Buggy, Stand Bag is you used to squeeze into your kakis car to JB. Very Happy Staff bag is where you store extra clubs and home umbrella at home...like me !

Beer
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:39 pm

I'm tempted to pick up a cart bag but I don't think it'll fit in my car. Cart bags are too big.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:44 pm

Cart and staff are big but usefull if you play in Singapore, JB and Batam best take Standbag.

Now it a standing order that all Old Boys Club and kakis playing JB must bring only Standbag as to fit 4 bag in a car !

afro
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:02 am

Initially I bought Cartbag as it looks nice.
BUt as time passes, i felt that it's a little heavy to bring to range.
So changed to Standbag which is lighter.

Cartbag is at home storing umbrella, plastic bag, club cover and golf balls. hehe
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:09 am

there's currently hybrid cart/stand bags in the market too. i personally prefer stand bags but can't stand the lack of space to put my junk. so i have a mizuno gtx which is perfect for me. or if you'd like to really burn some cash, the ogio edge is pretty sweet too! Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 7:25 am

The Ogio stand bags are nice. They seem a little roomier than the normal stand bags but are not too big. Very nice Smile
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 7:46 am

i know only one person here carry staff bag loh.
Back to top Go down
SC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
SC

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 7:53 am

I have been using stand bags but just bought a cart bag recently because it feels and looks more shiok, but now a bit regret because was reminded of the car capacity constraint
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:42 am

SC wrote:
I have been using stand bags but just bought a cart bag recently because it feels and looks more shiok, but now a bit regret because was reminded of the car capacity constraint

Thanks, SC. I'll stay away from cart bags.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:47 am

Actually , cart bags comes in various sizes too like the stand bag. In my opinion, cart bags offers more protection for the clubs. Bags are quite personal.. so, to each his own . Smile
Back to top Go down
art
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:49 am

to go light definitely stand bags, stand bags definitely lesser compartments.

for more compartments and a sturdier core, definitely staff/cart bag.. stand bags tend to have weaker spines...

but when it comes to car capacity for one bag, i doubt stand vs cart will make much difference. unless you are trying to squeeze more than 1 bag in..

on a side note, i don't know if the problem still persists for newer beemers, but their boots seem to be narrower and golf bags need to be diagonally placed, at least for the 3 series.. dampener for a car pool golf road trip.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:50 am

Oh yes!
Ogio is very nice!
But bery expensive... cun bear to part more money just for standbag. keke.

When buying bags do look out for more & big pockets de.
Oh, also, I have a preference for standbag with METAL ring. Afraid plastic ring may give way.
*the ring that hold the sling strap
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:54 am

Beemers designers dont seem to be golfers i think.. my previous 735Li A can only max, put 2 bags in a diagonal position.. The best is the previous Toyota Camry which can swallow 4 bags , 4 boston bags and still seat 4 golfers.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:57 am

Lamts18 wrote:
Beemers designers dont seem to be golfers i think.. my previous 735Li A can only max, put 2 bags in a diagonal position.. The best is the previous Toyota Camry which can swallow 4 bags , 4 boston bags and still seat 4 golfers.

Wa seh.. 735Li.. drunken
Oni 2 bags ah? but that car looks huge leh...

Nex time I wana buy MPV..
Back to top Go down
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:59 am

ironfist wrote:
there's currently hybrid cart/stand bags in the market too. i personally prefer stand bags but can't stand the lack of space to put my junk. so i have a mizuno gtx which is perfect for me. or if you'd like to really burn some cash, the ogio edge is pretty sweet too! Smile

I have been posioned, the ogio edge is a beauty. where can I view it in Singapore, expected damages?
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:59 am

The Honda Odyssey is nice.. fold the last row, put 4 cart bags straight in and still seat 4 golfers.
Back to top Go down
art
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:01 am

that reminds me of how MT said his integra can take 297893473897 golf bags..

but well it was contextualized to compare against a suzuki swift..

haha those were the days..
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:13 am

haha!!
Really neh.. I dun think suzuki swift can put in any bag.

Odyssey is nice.. previa as well..
Easily slot in 4 bags and passenger still sit bery comfortable.

Oh TeD,
I only know Golf House selling quite a few design of Ogio BAgs.
Not sure if other place sells.

If you buy, remember to ask for discount eh. Very Happy
Then take a pic and show us! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 11:53 am

Lamts18 wrote:

I agree... cannot fit many bags. To fit 1 is bad enough. To fit 2 is a nightmare.

It must be worse for you in your Porsche now, huh, Lam? Wink
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:21 pm

i actually use a cart bag for Batam coz of the transport ie. ferry...
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:22 pm

No Bro, i sold the Boxster liao... now thinking of the S5, but wife says my car less than 3 yrs so have to wait..
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:27 pm

i oso need a new bag... old one got a big hole, spare one i think start to ripped...

but canot buy big bag, too heavy... car too small. QQ leh... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
G_Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
G_Man

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:28 pm

I also want a cart bag leh... Was thinking of buying off the internet, but the shipping is crazy man.

I shipped an Ogio Mammoth from golfsmith.com.
Shipping alone was USD137... But still cheaper then here la.

hrmmm, which cart bag to get...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?   Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cart Bag, Staff bag, What's the difference?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next