Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)

Go down 
+24
alvin7379
mloy
DGman
ooniik
Tituman
watchman88sg
daveaha
tohkh
dmateo
WaterWoo
Duval_S
fabulous
PinkPanther
nientsu
blee67
slinger
ghoonk
JL_chong
mizzy
pushslice
wilkang
Yarra
pippin
Khorkar
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:16 pm

blee2007 wrote:
KK,

I played at Halim 3. You are right. This is one of the best course in Jakarta that I had played so far. I think the reasons why there is no events being played there are that the course is still owned (technically) by the army (if I am not wrong) and this is a relatively new course).

The pics on Emeralda looks interesting.. think will try to play it when i am next there. Very Happy

The reason why they do not have any PGPI-sanctioned tournament there is because the course don't meet their standard. There is something wrong with the construction, especially the irrigations and the water channel down below. That's what I heard, at least.

BUT... There will be Indonesian Masters from 2013-2015 at this course. I don't know what's the deal, maybe they have to fix these problems within 2 years in order to host the tournament. Then again, I doubt that this Indonesian Masters is PGPI-sanctioned event.

By the way, PGPI is Indonesia's PGA.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:19 pm

Sorry to hijack this.

Am going to play in Medan next week ; Royal Sumatra and Graha Helvetia. Any comment on these courses?
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:22 pm

Sorry, never played there. Although I do hear that some courses in Sumatra are bordering with the jungle (rain forest?) and stuffs. And tiger encounter is NOT unheard of... I am not joking, the local golfers confirmed this.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 5:22 am

Yarra wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
KK,

I played at Halim 3. You are right. This is one of the best course in Jakarta that I had played so far. I think the reasons why there is no events being played there are that the course is still owned (technically) by the army (if I am not wrong) and this is a relatively new course).

The pics on Emeralda looks interesting.. think will try to play it when i am next there. Very Happy

The reason why they do not have any PGPI-sanctioned tournament there is because the course don't meet their standard. There is something wrong with the construction, especially the irrigations and the water channel down below. That's what I heard, at least.

BUT... There will be Indonesian Masters from 2013-2015 at this course. I don't know what's the deal, maybe they have to fix these problems within 2 years in order to host the tournament. Then again, I doubt that this Indonesian Masters is PGPI-sanctioned event.

By the way, PGPI is Indonesia's PGA.

Yarra, Thanks. Was not too sure about the water drainage issues. Will check with my friends the next time I am there as well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:04 am

nientsu wrote:
Sorry to hijack this.

Am going to play in Medan next week ; Royal Sumatra and Graha Helvetia. Any comment on these courses?

take pictures bro!
Back to top Go down
PinkPanther
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
PinkPanther

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:30 am

I love these courses too Smile
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:24 pm

Will, tiger airways has promo for flights in Nov. E.g. 4th-8th abt $105 (incl. Golf luggage) Sorry i cant go that early though
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 4:59 pm

Thanks pushslice..Yup..just checked their website.

Jakarta it is decided.. Very Happy

Courses to play...
1) Royal Jakarta - Halim 3
2) Emeralda
3) Buga raya
4) Cengkareng
Back to top Go down
fabulous
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fabulous

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:16 pm

3. Bogor Raya
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:19 pm

Bogor raya? Not buga raya. Highly recommend a game with Yarra at Jagorawi (bogor too) if you like a physical/skills challenge. Walking course, monstrous length.

Can stay one night around bogor coz 2 & 3 are near. u save on travelling time. Suggest novotel or santika bogor. Then one night in the city to enjoy nightlife and play at Royale. Play Cengkareng right before ur flight back. If got a local friend with a Citi Platinum Card, u pay 1 for 1 green fee. Wish i can join...Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:35 pm

Quote :
Quote :
wilkang wrote:
Thanks pushslice..Yup..just checked their website.

Jakarta it is decided.. Very Happy

Courses to play...
1) Royal Jakarta - Halim 3
2) Emeralda
3) Buga raya
4) Cengkareng

GR event? I very berry sad...to date only managed to clock one GR event. no wonder I cant convince people that I am the real SB.

PS: If in late Nov...I got chance.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 6:44 pm

3) Buga raya - New Course?? hehe
Back to top Go down
WaterWoo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:10 pm

Hi sir, can u give advice on golf in Bandung?
Have u all tried the course there? Any advice is much appreciate, thks
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 7:26 am

Will be in SG from Nov. 8 to 17.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:37 pm

anyone played in course around bogor before ?
Back to top Go down
tohkh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 11:29 am

There's also Sentul City near Bogor and can consider the one at Jababeka, SE, just outside Jakarta, which also goes by the name Cikarang Golf Course
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 6:48 pm

Jababeka (Cikarang) is not in Bogor area. Different direction...
Back to top Go down
tohkh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 11:23 pm

I meant Sentul City is near Bogor and Jababeka is SE of Jakarta, not in Bogor area. =)
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:53 am

Jakarta have some very good course. Seeing and playing there in person is probably the best. The rates are reasonable if you compare with SG. Weekend rates are more expensive, as per singapore as well.

Halim3, Damai Indah are nice. I heard Bogor Raya have some pretty nice courses as well. But do note... Jakarta traffic is scary and horribly packed. Please plan your trip. Tee off at 6am or before, is probably best.

Yes, I didnt say it wrong... its 6am and before.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:04 am

6am in Jakarta is like 7am in SG, we are running everything an hour late over here... just like the traffic! Neutral
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:51 pm

Just checked the accomodations...Sheraton hotel next to cengkareng is full.

Looking at google maps of the courses..Cengkareng and Damai Indah are pretty close by.
Bogor is quite a distance.

Need advise bros..

Bogor raya & emeralda stay at Novotel Bogor?
Cengkareng & Damai indah stay at Sheraton?

Thanks peeps
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:54 pm

Eh guys, when are you going Jakarta ah ? I'm thinking to tag along... heheh... wants to play in Jakarta for a long time... but never have chance, no info, and no kaki ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:59 pm

daveaha wrote:
Eh guys, when are you going Jakarta ah ? I'm thinking to tag along... heheh... wants to play in Jakarta for a long time... but never have chance, no info, and no kaki ...

Cool bro..planning for 5th - 8th Nov..over the long weekend.
Back to top Go down
watchman88sg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
watchman88sg

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:05 pm

wilkang wrote:
Just checked the accomodations...Sheraton hotel next to cengkareng is full.

Looking at google maps of the courses..Cengkareng and Damai Indah are pretty close by.
Bogor is quite a distance.

Need advise bros..

Bogor raya & emeralda stay at Novotel Bogor?
Cengkareng & Damai indah stay at Sheraton?

Thanks peeps

Bro wil, hope my lil info helps...

Jagorawi is one long toll road stretching from Cibubur (Jakarta Selatan or south) to Bogor and since Emeralda is located very near the Cibubur toll gate, it is not going to be near Novotol Bogor which is at the opposite end of the toll. Should you be staying at Novotel, the nearer courses will be Bogoraya, Rancamaya, Riverside or Permata Sentul. As for Sheraton Bandara, it is indeed very near the airport as well as Cenkareng & Pantai Indah Kapuk (Damai Indah) course...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:23 pm

Will, novotel is abt rite for bogor courses. Alternate: Hotel Santika Bogor.

If you are referring to Damai Indah Pantai Indah Kapuk (PIK) course, Sheraton is closest. Alternate: Novotel Mangga Dua, further into the city, but directly connected to courses via the outer ring road. You will still be able to avoid the city traffic.

As KK said, tee off 6 AM. Jkt is one hour behind Spore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)   Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf in Jakarta, Indonesia (Warning - Pix intensive)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next