Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)

Go down 
+6
hardrock
Khorkar
weaponx
sunny
andrewlee
ghoonk
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) Empty
PostSubject: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 4:36 am

As promised in an earlier thread, I finally got off my lazy backside to shoot my Dubai setup, so here we go:

Here are the bags, lined up in a row. My KZG staff bag has been omitted as my KZG setup has currently been loaned to a friend.

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0047

Bag #1 is a TaylorMade TMX series British Open 2008 staff bag. According to the TM whores in GolfWRX, this is supposed to be a limited edition run of 500. Was quite lucky to get one from Leisure Golf in B1 of Far East Shopping Centre, courtesy of Elaine

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0046
WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0048

Bag #1 contains:

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0051

My Miura Giken MB-5003 irons, 4 to PW, shafted in KBS Tour shafts, with red Golf Pride BCT cord grips (my personal favourite), an Xmas gift from my wife this year. DGman did an excellent job setting the lie angle for me, and these babies are heavenly to play, especially off the kind of fairways found on Dubai courses.

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0050

My TaylorMade Tour Burner v1 is a tour-issued driver procured from the USA, with whole loft of 9*, serial number T69698, and face open angle of 1.5*, shafted with a tour-issued TP Diamana Whiteboard 63 shaft in X-flex. According to DGman, these shafts are original Diamana Whiteboards in TP graphics, not the OEM ones, i.e. made for TaylorMade)

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0053

My choice of fairway bombers include a TaylorMade R7 HFS 15* 3 wood, shafted with TP Fujikura ReAx 75TP X-flex shaft and black Golf Pride Cord grips, as well as a pair of Titleist 585H hybrids in 19* and 21*, shafted with UST Proforce V2 S-flex shafts and Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound (NDMC) grips, which I plan to switch out soon for a pair of Golf Pride BCTs in black or red

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0058
WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0056
WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0052

Here's a close up of the HFS - note the more curved sole, as compared to the standard and TP versions, which are flatter

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0057

Wedges are Miura black oxide wedges in 52* and 56*. The 52* was shafted with KBS Tour Black Nickel S-flex, while the 56* was shafted with KBS Tour Black Nickel in X-flex

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0055

My weapon of choice on the green and off the fringe is a vintage Acushnet Bullseye putter. This one is a restored 34R version that I game regularly, but I switch between this and my newly acquired TaylorMade Monza Corza center-shafted, face-balanced putter.

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0054
WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0070

Bag #2 is a Cleveland Staff bag, with a 10.5" top, just acquired yesterday from Golf House in Dubai Mall, where my fitter is based.

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0034

This bag isn't complete yet, as my Cleveland CG12 Zip Groove wedges in 52*, 56* and 60* were left in Singapore due to weight issues on my return trip.

Also, I'll be matching this bag with a Cobra L4V 9.0X shafted with an aftermarket Diamana Whiteboard 63 in S-flex

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_1516
WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_1517
WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_1520
WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_1519

Here are the CG1 Black Pearls, 3 to PW, in S300 shafts. Just had them extended 0.5" today, and my fitter put on new Cleveland grips as a little Xmas present to me. Beautiful heads, but need to be refinished. Set up well, but the shafts are too heavy for me, and I'm wondering if I should switch them to Rifle 5.5, Project X 6.0, Project X 5.0 HL, all of which are now sitting in my storeroom. Will have to consult DGman for advice on these.

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0060

The fairway woods are a threesome of the 2001/2002 Launchers in 13*, 15* and 19*. The 13* has the original Cleveland Gold shaft in S-flex, made for Cleveland by Fujikura, while the 15* is shafted with a Grafalloy Blue 70X shaft. The 19* is shafted with an Adila NV 70S shaft, and the three of them deliver good accuracy and distance off the fairway

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0061

They are accompanied by 2 halo hybrids that I switch between, depending on the course I play. if there's a lot of rough, I'll swop out the 15* and 19* fairway woods in favour of these grass cutters.

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0062

I haven't really decided which putter will go into this bag, but it would probably be the Acushnet Bullseye from Bag #1 if I stick with the TaylorMade Monza Corza putter (new grip and headcover on route to Dubai now from the US)

Bag #3 is a full-on TaylorMade bag. The bag itself is a Japanese version of the cart bag, and has an 8.5" opening. Not my preferred size, but I bought this on impulse Razz

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0063

As you can see, the driver is a standard non-tour-issued R7 Limited TP (bought from Leisure Sport in FESH, courtesy of Elaine) with a Diamana 65 TP shaft. I believe this shaft is an OEM model made for TM by Mitsubishi Rayon. The fairway woods in this bag are a 13* tour-issued TaylorMade R7 HFS tour spoon (shafted with a TM-Fuijikura ReAx 85TP shaft in X-flex, and a 17.5* R7 TP shafted with the Fujikura Vista Tour Series 70 in X-flex. All 3 have served me well over the summer months, with many fond memories

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0064
WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0065

Notice the curvature of the sole of the HFS fairway wood vs the TP version:

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0067

The irons in this set are TaylorMade TP MBs, non-tour-issued, but blueprinted and shafted with a set of spine-aligned Rifle 6.0 shafts. Extremely forgiving to play, and my fitter added 2.5g of lead tape to the back of the 3,4,5 and 6 irons which give me a little yardage boost without me having to try to muscle my long irons. These are my first set of TM blades, something I lusted over for a very long time.

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0066

Wedges in this bag are a retail set of TaylorMade TP Z-grooves in 52* and 56*, shafted with TT DG S300 shafts. I have the 60* as well, but rarely game it.

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0069

The putter in this bag is a TaylorMade Daytona Rossa Kia Ma in 35" (ignore the Monza Corza in the pic above) that needs a lie adjustment by DGman on my next visit. Currently too flat for my gorilla arms, and I spray it everywhere

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0068

Bag #4 is currently a standard-issue, retail TaylorMade TMX staff bag with a 9.5" opening. This will be replaced with a Titleist or King Cobra bag later this year when I am able to source for one that I like.

The driver is this bag is a retail Titleist 905R in 8.5* loft, shafted with an aftermarket Diamana Blueboard in 73 G4"t shaft in S-flex. Very friendly, very long, but not always very straight (problem with my swing)

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0074

The fairway combination for this bag is a Titleist 975F fairway wood in 13.5* of loft, shafted with an EI-70 shaft in X-flex that I have back in Singapore, and currently backed up with a 19* Titleist 585H hybrid in Aldila NV Hybrid 85S shaft. This hybrid will return to Singapore with me on my CNY trip and will join the 21* 585H that currently resides in my Singapore TM bag setup.

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0075

The irons in this bag are King Cobra Pro MBs that I purchased from Leisure Sports, but I could not handle the S300 shafts that came with it, and nearly gave it. My fitter here in Dubai swopped them out for a set of Project X 5.0 (non-flighted), 0.5" longer and set up 1.5* upright, and they were really easy to play from there on. It was this set that taught me that a lot of forgiveness and ease of play comes from the shaft, not just the head.

[img]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_cGO6f7ksHMI/SzUSNqaEyvI/AAAAAAAAK1c/NtE5o1jxFQk/s912/IMG_0072.JPG[img]
WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0073

I have a set of Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can wedges in 52*, 56* and 60* currently on route to Dubai that will complete this set. Pics will follow when they arrive.

The putter in this bag is an original Acushnet John Reuters Design Bullseye with the satin fluted shaft and leather wrap grip. A joy to putt with, and beautifully weighted

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0071

Last but not least, my Mizuno stand bag currently holds two sets of irons

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0077

The first is a set of TaylorMade RAC MBs forged by Miura, shafted with Rifle Project X 6.0 shafts. The lie on this set needs to be bent more upright, which I will have done by DGman on my CNY trip Smile

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0078

The milled faces are a dead giveaway, as is the satin finish

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0080
WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0079

The other set of irons is a classic set of blades, a model which Tiger Woods allegedly played in his Amateur days. I bought them to see how friendly they were (which they are, but I just hate the offsets)

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0081
WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) IMG_0082

I'll post a separate thread of my Singapore setup when I get back, if anyone's interested Smile
Back to top Go down
andrewlee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
andrewlee

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 8:08 am

affraid affraid affraid

Wow... u r really a TOUR player man..... so many PRO golf sets...
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:31 am

Wow... So many sets
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:49 am

WOW! affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:55 am

Wow!. Fantastic. Good post.
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:56 am

wow... u keen on your taylormade R7 TP 3 woods

can sell me???
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 10:11 am

Killer gear!! I love the Miura irons in particular. Very nice!! Smile
Back to top Go down
atom
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 10:20 am

but you can only use 1 set at a time right?

anyway, that's sour grapes!

good pictures to share...
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:47 pm

Ya, can only use one set at a time heh. My playing bag is Bag #1, but that pretty much stays in Dubai unless I'm coming back to Singapore for 2 weeks, and I can catch up with you guys for weekday games.

But matter of time before I start selling a couple of sets. The TM RAC MBs will undergo a project to have them set up at a particular spec (balance, grips, shafts, etc) that will match my Miura Gikens, and I will keep the King Cobra Pro MBs. The rest will probably be sold off at some point.

@hardrock: paiseh bro, can't sell you the R7 3 woods as they are the only 3 woods that I can play properly with, but if you are keen, I can source around for them for you. Are you interested in the HFS model or just the regular TP ones? The HFS feel slightly heavier (I believe they have hot melt in them), and sit slightly open at address (mine is around 2* open).

You can (and should, from what I'm told) take a small divot with them. Generally go for around USD300 per club, not available retail (need to hunt through auctions and classified ads for them), but sometimes you can find some good deals around USD200 per club (used).

what you guys see above is pretty much a journey into obsession about trying to get the 'perfect' setup. Also a good post to go show your wife, so she doesn't complain about you having too many golf stuff around the house Very Happy
Back to top Go down
atom
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 5:30 pm

ghoonk wrote:
Also a good post to go show your wife, so she doesn't complain about you having too many golf stuff around the house Very Happy

That's the quote of the day!!
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 7:22 pm

thanks ghoonk, i prefer the r7 tp 3 woods

if can hv that will be best
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 7:24 pm

3 wood as in 15* or 13*?
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 7:34 pm

best is 15*
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:23 pm

ghoonk, does all the TaylorMade RAC MBs forged by Miura?
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 1:26 am

No. The ones forged by Miura are satin, not chrome, and you can see that the faces are milled, not plain. If you can get your hands on a set, try different shafts to see which one feels the best. I'm going to get DGman to fit a set of KBS Tours on my backup set next time I'm back Smile
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 6:06 pm

Day #2 of 2010:

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) CIMG0100

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) CIMG0102

2 Miura black wedges arrived on Thursday, 54* and 58* (almost completing the set of 52, 54, 56, 58, now just waiting for a 60* to turn up), shafted with TrueTemper Tour Concept shafts.

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) CIMG0103

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) CIMG0104

Very smooth shafts, love the whip on them. The 58* got me my first birdie on the 18th hole of The Els Club, a long Par 5. was lucky on that hole, got a good drive, a good 2nd shot with the TM HFS 15* fairway wood, and I blocked my 3rd shot from 88 yds into the right bunker with the 56*, and splashed out with the 58* squarely into the cup. Smile

Just picked up from the courier office an hour ago:

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) CIMG0105

3 TaylorMade Rossa winn+ grips, exact match for my current gamer, a TM Monza Corze Center Shafted putter. These grips were a PITA to find, but somehow got lucky and found them on eBay

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) CIMG0106
WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) CIMG0107
WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) CIMG0109

Also got a headcover for the putter, at least to just dress it up a little bit

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) CIMG0110
WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) CIMG0111

The finishing of the putter headcover is pretty good, typical TM quality

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) CIMG0112

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) CIMG0113

And finally, 4 Fujikura Vista Tour 60 shafts, all in X-Stiff .335 One time pulls (43", 41-5/8", 41-1/8", 40-5/8"). These will be on standby as I am building a Titleist setup and will go on my 905R driver (current has a Diamana Blueboard on it), and the rest will make their way into 975F fairway woods that I will be getting my hands on in Q1 2010 (13.5*, 16.5* and 18.5*)

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) CIMG0114

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) CIMG0115

Nicely prepped:

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) CIMG0117
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 7:52 pm

"The putter in this bag is an original Acushnet John Reuters Design Bullseye with the satin fluted shaft and leather wrap grip. A joy to putt with, and beautifully weighted"

Hi Bro, any idea of the value of this putter ? I think I have one exactly the same and in very good condition. Can hardly see a single nick on it. Tks.

Titu
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 7:57 pm

If it has been fully restored, with a clean/new leather wrap (Gripmaster Titleist), probably a bit more (around USD100). Frankly, I buy and use these because I love how they feel and play, but I am no expert on the collectors' value.

This should give you an idea of what it's worth in the open market:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1311&_nkw=acushnet+bullseye+putter&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I paid around SGD140 for a fully restored one that I'm gaming. I have 3 of these, 2 are here, and 1 is in Singapore.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:27 pm

ghoonk wrote:
If it has been fully restored, with a clean/new leather wrap (Gripmaster Titleist), probably a bit more (around USD100). Frankly, I buy and use these because I love how they feel and play, but I am no expert on the collectors' value.

This should give you an idea of what it's worth in the open market:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1311&_nkw=acushnet+bullseye+putter&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I paid around SGD140 for a fully restored one that I'm gaming. I have 3 of these, 2 are here, and 1 is in Singapore.

Tks bro for the reply. Just keeping it for nostalgic sake. Cheers and a Happy New Year Beer

Titu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)   WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WITB - Dubai edition (warning: pic intensive)
Page 1 of 1