Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai

Go down 
+4
Greenkeeper79
TourSwing
DGman
jurongtiger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai Empty
PostSubject: The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai   The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:40 pm

Reminds us a lot of JB or Saudi courses. Still decent but falls short of UAE standards by a mile.

Bunkers were water logged, fairway topsoil were dump, patches of yellow which we were not used to.

The GPS system was quite nice though. The only saving grace.

We had fun nonetheless.

Photos courtesy of Ghoonk.

The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai Cimg1710

The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai 46907810

The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai Cimg1711

The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai Cimg1712

The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai 46126710

The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai 46066410

The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai 41667210

The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai 41414810

Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai   The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:37 pm

used to be a beautiful course with loads of kois or carps. looks like it needs a revamp.

nice photography!

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai   The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:46 pm

Ouch! What went wrong here!!?
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai   The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:14 am

Nothing much is wrong lah. Its just not typical standards here.

No kois DGMan, only a couple of ravens that stole my friend's sandwich
Back to top Go down
Greenkeeper79
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai   The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 2:04 pm

If this is what you do to golf clubs on this site its quite disturbing. If you have been in the middle east for some time you should understand that golf courses that are overseeded in the winter go through a period in the summer where the cold season grass dies and the warm season grass comes through. This is called Transition, which this golf course is going through now.

How was the greens also, bet they were pretty good when you played, you failed to mentioned any of that. As for fairway topsoil, i have no clue what you are talking about as there was no top soil on the fairways.

I suggest you check facts after playing then write a true reflection of what is going on, but to be honest this blog site is a joke anyways.....

PS. Plenty of koi carp in our lakes thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai   The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 3:27 pm

i play there the last time i was in dubai for a conference.

They give real solid divot tool but i guess it is part of the $$$$$ green fees.

course conditions were perfect the last time i was there.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai   The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:11 pm

Greenkeeper79 wrote:
If this is what you do to golf clubs on this site its quite disturbing. If you have been in the middle east for some time you should understand that golf courses that are overseeded in the winter go through a period in the summer where the cold season grass dies and the warm season grass comes through. This is called Transition, which this golf course is going through now.

How was the greens also, bet they were pretty good when you played, you failed to mentioned any of that. As for fairway topsoil, i have no clue what you are talking about as there was no top soil on the fairways.

I suggest you check facts after playing then write a true reflection of what is going on, but to be honest this blog site is a joke anyways.....

which blog site?

If that is how a golf club deal with customers' opinions (which may or may not be right regardless), then you should stick to managing the greens and fairways and should let your public affair professionals do the social media thing. Why do you bother anyways, it's a joke site to you right?

PS: Check your ego too, maybe its too plenty. Thanks Razz
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai   The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Welcome to the forum Greenkeeper79.

This is not a blog so if you are looking for one that strokes your ego, you can click on "best-golf-course-intheworld--dubai-creek.com". There they mention nothing but the best of Dubai Creek. No flaws, no comments.

The flight that played in the creek that day had a combined 15 years in the GCC so I guess we have seen some courses around UAE in our time. Other than RAK, we have played in all of the courses in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

Ironically, the two courses we played before and after the creek was subject to the same weather conditions and had nothing but lush fairways and green tee boxes. I might not know as much as you of course (I am a professional engineer and you are the greenkeeper/golf professional/professional forum stalker) but maybe the sun is shining over the Dubai Creek more than the Montgomerie or Al Badia.

One last comment I wld suggest to the management of Dubai Creek: Practice "transition" for the staff- let the useless ones go and bring in the professional and mature individuals please. And have them do more work at the greens and spend less time surfing the net. Business might improve.

We would be happy to come back again when you are posted back home.

Lastly, how can I address your good-self? Your position in the club?

Greenkeeper79 wrote:

Back to top Go down
Greenkeeper79
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai   The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 5:14 pm

As I explained in my first post, the course is going through transition. The courses you played before and after are not as they do not overseed. Thus the reason for the lush grass on them. May and June are the worst 2 months to play when a course is going through transition, if you went any other time of the year then you would have a true reflection of the course.

The fact you think I am stroking my ego is quite laughable though, you don't know who I am or what I do. But that's your opinion and in titled to it.

I do ask you to go and play the course at a later date and see the difference though.

Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai   The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Do I hear free passes to play at Dubai Creek in July?
Pretty Please...

I have to fly over from Singapore... Haha
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai   The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:26 pm

PR at Dubai Creek : ULTIMATE FAIL!

Think nobody in this 'blog site' cares for the course anyways.

Jurongtiger: looking good dude! Ask Ghoonk to post some fotos of the other courses n do check if they 'overseed' hor. Think even with his skills, that's the best he can do for this one anyway. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai   The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Did Ghoonk bring all his camera gear?
Its some good shot for Dubai Creek PR to use...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai   The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club - Dubai
Page 1 of 1