Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sharing my shame

Go down 
+6
pushslice
slinger
alvin7379
Elysium
eiji
golfool2009
10 posters
AuthorMessage
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

Sharing my shame Empty
PostSubject: Sharing my shame   Sharing my shame I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 3:19 pm

Distance is an issue that is always discussed on this forum and even I have raised it a number of times...but two recent incidents have pricked my ego and i feel the need share my shame:
1. I went to check my driver swing speed at bishan driving range again and it is slower than a 20 year old proton saga...Swing speed: 90mph, Ball speed: 130mph, smash factor of 1.44
2. I also had a game at MBGC with a very nice, self-described senior citizen...great guy but the only thing i didn't like about him was that even he managed to out-drive me.....

all the years of denial, e.g. claiming that a sudden headwind came in or "i didn't really catch it full on that drive" is no longer valid......i have both anecdotal as well as scientific evidence that i hit like a little girl... Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Sharing my shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my shame   Sharing my shame I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 3:34 pm

Instead of pounding balls at the driving range, go work out at the gym with golf specific exercises that will improve your core, wrist, forearm, tricep, lats and flexibility, this should enable to increase your swing speed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Elysium
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Sharing my shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my shame   Sharing my shame I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 3:38 pm

I average around 85mph Sad
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

Sharing my shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my shame   Sharing my shame I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:07 pm

Hey bro,

Based on my observations from our previous game (and like I said, it's 'my observation'... which can be crap at times! Laughing) I noticed that you don't have a full back swing which is necessary to get the coil for maximum force & momentum for longer drives.

You does however manage to have very good impact during contact of the ball, which btw, is already giving you very decent distance. You misleading the people in the forum to be thinking that you driving below 200m... Evil or Very Mad In case you people din know... this buaya shoots regular low 80s....

You may consider working on your flexibility on the back swing... and loosen up on the stiff wrist (apparently you don't cork your wrist much as well) This might just help you gain the extra yardage you are looking for... but be warned...

Turning more than what you have been doing so routinely... may results in larger dispersion of your shots. One reason I reckon why your shots are straight is because your back swing and wrist actions are very minimal... so despite shorter distance... you gain the advantage of more accurate shots... Same concept if one would do a 3/4 swing... usually... and I say USUALLY... they are straighter than full swing shots...

good luck to gaining distance! Hope to have a game with you soon... cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

Sharing my shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my shame   Sharing my shame I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:42 pm

alvin..i think your observations are spot on...basically, no wrist cock + no back swing = cock swing...

i once saw my swing on video and it is the ugliest looking thing i've ever seen....but it's like paul the octopus...moving parts all over the place......ugly but accurate....

my goal is to make my swing look like yours and zhenhua....a thing of great beauty!!!!

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Sharing my shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my shame   Sharing my shame I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:04 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
Hey bro,

Based on my observations from our previous game (and like I said, it's 'my observation'... which can be crap at times! Laughing) I noticed that you don't have a full back swing which is necessary to get the coil for maximum force & momentum for longer drives.

You does however manage to have very good impact during contact of the ball, which btw, is already giving you very decent distance. You misleading the people in the forum to be thinking that you driving below 200m... Evil or Very Mad In case you people din know... this buaya shoots regular low 80s....

You may consider working on your flexibility on the back swing... and loosen up on the stiff wrist (apparently you don't cork your wrist much as well) This might just help you gain the extra yardage you are looking for... but be warned...

Turning more than what you have been doing so routinely... may results in larger dispersion of your shots. One reason I reckon why your shots are straight is because your back swing and wrist actions are very minimal... so despite shorter distance... you gain the advantage of more accurate shots... Same concept if one would do a 3/4 swing... usually... and I say USUALLY... they are straighter than full swing shots...

good luck to gaining distance! Hope to have a game with you soon... cheers

wow, alvin shi-fu..... u seibei happening

think after the saddam n D8 episodes......u have changed flower
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Sharing my shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my shame   Sharing my shame I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:17 pm

Golffool deserves to be in the saddam palace...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Sharing my shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my shame   Sharing my shame I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 7:40 pm

Thats the beauty of this......

what is a Shame to GolfFool is what I am trying to achieve.....if I can be consistently 'shame' and yet hit consistently in low 80s.....I happy like bird liao

@ GolfFool2009: Pls check your 'Fan-Inbox'....you have a fan....
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Sharing my shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my shame   Sharing my shame I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 7:51 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Thats the beauty of this......

what is a Shame to GolfFool is what I am trying to achieve.....if I can be consistently 'shame' and yet hit consistently in low 80s.....I happy like bird liao

@ GolfFool2009: Pls check your 'Fan-Inbox'....you have a fan....

Me too ROFL
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Sharing my shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my shame   Sharing my shame I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:16 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
alvin..i think your observations are spot on...basically, no wrist cock + no back swing = cock swing...

i once saw my swing on video and it is the ugliest looking thing i've ever seen....but it's like paul the octopus...moving parts all over the place......ugly but accurate....

my goal is to make my swing look like yours and zhenhua....a thing of great beauty!!!!

Hi bro, me have the same issue with you. Some more pointed out by same person, Alvin!

After mountain training for 3 weeks, I have decided no need for cock or wrist action to gain distance so long as I am hitting at least 200m drives and center fairways.

For info, I managed 14 fairways this morning & they were all bout 200-220m.
I am happy with that stats and feel no need to try funny funny thing that is not natural to me.

Alvin belongs to the monster class which I can never emulate. So I will just admire his longness and be a fan.

From your scores reported and intel reports, I think you are one hell of a player.

lol!
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

Sharing my shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my shame   Sharing my shame I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:03 pm

asahi wrote:

After mountain training for 3 weeks, I have decided no need for cock or wrist action to gain distance so long as I am hitting at least 200m drives and center fairways.

I am happy with that stats and feel no need to try funny funny thing that is not natural to me.

14 fairways ah... That's 100% fairway hit leh.... Hummm.... Announce in forum somemore... May god be wif u for your coming games with the forum buayas... tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

Sharing my shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my shame   Sharing my shame I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:08 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
asahi wrote:

14 fairways ah... That's 100% fairway hit leh.... Hummm.... Announce in forum somemore... May god be wif u for your coming games with the forum buayas... tongue

No wonder today sombody very happy today and I got free beer.. Beer Face Hug
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Sharing my shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my shame   Sharing my shame I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:13 pm

@ Asahi Brudder.........don tee off so far hor.....it mite hit me....

so with such impressive numbers....guess I should be asking fm you liao.....

PS: many people will forget bad numbers.....but many people will remember good numbers like what you shared........
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Sharing my shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my shame   Sharing my shame I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:39 am

Yes, very truth indeed .. now, it is already in my brain that asahi will hit 100% fairway 14/14 at about 200 - 220m drive ... Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sharing my shame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing my shame   Sharing my shame I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sharing my shame
Page 1 of 1