Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First time on course!

Go down 
+6
sandkie
Birdman
joleelyn
wilkang
eiji
rocco3107
10 posters
AuthorMessage
rocco3107
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

First time on course! Empty
PostSubject: First time on course!   First time on course! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:58 pm

3 months ago, my hubby and i took at lessons with Lip Ooi. We had our first session on the course on Tues, and it was great fun!
Really very different from the weekly lessons at the driving range. Very fast paced (as we did not want to be caught up by the next group), and a totally different experience.

Hope we can have more experience on the course. Any handicappers willing to let us join you for a game and share some tips with us? Smile
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: First time on course!   First time on course! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:06 pm

my first full 18hole game was a GR monthly game, its a good place to start, just tell them honestly that its your first time, and be put in the last few flights so you don't hold up play
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: First time on course!   First time on course! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:10 pm

I still remember my first time on the course, so afraid to 'hurt' the grass when i took my shots.
In the end kept topping my shots. Laughing Laughing

Feel free to join any of our weekly/monthly games in JB, batam or bintan.
You are definitely most welcome to join us. Smile
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: First time on course!   First time on course! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:13 pm

I topped all the way during my first game!... such a joke!!..... I still remember i didnt know whether I should laugh or cry. But hey, we all had to start somewhere. =)

Just join in the games and range sessions. .. most impt (as I always say) HAVE FUN!...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: First time on course!   First time on course! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:28 pm

Hi Rocco, I know Lip Ooi well, lives near me too.

Best thing you and your hubby can do is take it out to the course more often. Golf Republic is a good place to start for fellowship and game. Playing with others is also how you observe and learn little tips and tricks to not feel so overwhelmed by how it seems so supposedly fast.

It's just like the first time after you passed your driving, everything seems so fast when you're on the road. It gets better with time and experience.

Do join us for the range sessions and monthly games. It's all about fun really.
Back to top Go down
rocco3107
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: First time on course!   First time on course! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:47 pm

Thanks people for your replies! Yup, we definitely need to polish up before joining you guys on the monthly sessions.

Just a bit confused on the PC and handicap thingy. We are making the PC card, but it seems that we can only use it at selected places to achieve our handicap?
We cant achieve handicap without first having a PC card right?

Quite confusing. And how to know which courses accept our PC cards?

=(
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

PostSubject: Re: First time on course!   First time on course! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:28 pm

We can get handicap without getting PC... I did that by getting them from Malaysian Club (Palm Villa)
Back to top Go down
JetA1
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
JetA1

PostSubject: Re: First time on course!   First time on course! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:19 am

If ur PC is reccognized by Sg Golf Assoc (SGA) ie: MGK, SSG.. It will be recognized and usable for courses in Sg. PCs issued by AA assoc and Exec Golf course are not recognized so u might think twice abt getting them.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: First time on course!   First time on course! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:19 pm

joleelyn wrote:
I topped all the way during my first game!... such a joke!!..... I still remember i didnt know whether I should laugh or cry. But hey, we all had to start somewhere. =)

Just join in the games and range sessions. .. most impt (as I always say) HAVE FUN!...

LOL .. still remember my first time on course, changkol all the way, base of neck inflamed, cannot turn head properly for 6 weeks ... guess that is what happens when your first time on course is 10 hours after the first time you touch a golf club
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
riverdeity

PostSubject: Re: First time on course!   First time on course! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:14 pm

Just have a query to ask you guys. Before when I was young, I could play on courses with a PC i took as a kid. After I turned 21 and lost my junior membership statuses, i lost a place to park my PC and handicap as i do not own a club membership. Is there a place where I can register for a handicap cheaply( Im only back 3 months a year as im studying in london) so that i can play as a guest with friends at places like Islands or sentosa. Or is going to JB my only alternative for now.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: First time on course!   First time on course! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Bro, check out mygolfkaki for h/c maintenance
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
riverdeity

PostSubject: Re: First time on course!   First time on course! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:22 pm

haha, checking it out now.. cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First time on course!   First time on course! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First time on course!
Page 1 of 1