Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When your time is up...

Go down 
+2
missmoon
shorthitter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

When your time is up... Empty
PostSubject: When your time is up...   When your time is up... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:32 pm

Not trying to promote my site but food for thought!

http://www.totalgolfservices.com/Blog/tabid/593/EntryId/249/Not-about-golf.aspx
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: When your time is up...   When your time is up... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:36 pm

aiyooo... the man jumped? why so silly?
i will remember this blog entry.. so that i take things more lightly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: When your time is up...   When your time is up... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:51 pm

Erk.. I've never witnessed a suicide before. I guess it's increasingly common these days. I don't know what goes through their mind seconds before it happens... what I do know is that there's a lot to live for...

... at the very least, another round of 18 Smile
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: When your time is up...   When your time is up... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:00 pm

i did witness suicides and dead bodies..

not a good thing. next few days are actually quite... erm... harrowing?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: When your time is up...   When your time is up... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:15 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
i did witness suicides and dead bodies..

not a good thing. next few days are actually quite... erm... harrowing?

Golfers who played with you?
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: When your time is up...   When your time is up... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:17 pm

I had a good friend, part of my football team last time... jumped off his hdb flat....

No one knows what happened or why he did that... people speculated that his study was too stressful for him...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: When your time is up...   When your time is up... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:19 pm

daveaha wrote:
I had a good friend, part of my football team last time... jumped off his hdb flat....

No one knows what happened or why he did that... people speculated that his study was too stressful for him...

That's sad, dave. I think it's a good reminder to all of us to treasure what we have and to be mindful of what we leave behind if we take such drastic steps.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: When your time is up...   When your time is up... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:23 pm

i was serving NS in SPF then. I had NPC attachments and attended to a few dispatch like this...
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: When your time is up...   When your time is up... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:26 pm

Technospaz wrote:
daveaha wrote:

That's sad, dave. I think it's a good reminder to all of us to treasure what we have and to be mindful of what we leave behind if we take such drastic steps.

I concur...

Until know I can't imagine how the parents feel as my good friend was their only son.

Suicide is never the way out. There's always another solutions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: When your time is up...   When your time is up... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:45 pm

My former secondary school and Sunday School (church) mates!

Carl O = shot the top of his head off with a shot gun when 17 years old (his parents were very religious and too strict with their teenage kids. Carl's next oldest brother was in a mental asylum for a few years and later became a minister in a church.)

David E = shot himself multiple times in the chest with a .22 cal rifle (an only son). Lived just down the road from my house.

Joe D = killed himself by intentionally hitting a large tree with his car at 90+ mph. (Joe went to state wrestling championships representing the school a few times). He was about 20 when he died. I was one of the last to talk with him. He said he felt guilty about not attending church services for awhile. I told him I did not go to church anymore either and did NOT regret it at all.

Two other Sunday school mates went to prison for statutory rape.

Last year, another Sunday school mate named George beat a homeless man to death with a baseball bat.

And a primary school bully who used to push me around but who later became my friend died suddenly at about 30 years old while watching TV in his living room--probably too much alcohol and cigarettes.

A few others were in and out of AA, jail, rehab centers or living on welfare--BUT a few are doing well as lawyers, technicians and saleman.

Such is life in 'my hometown'. It's been 30 years since my graduation from secondary school in mid-west, white America and I have never attended any of the previous class reunions! Why dig up the past?

CK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When your time is up...   When your time is up... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When your time is up...
Page 1 of 1