Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

V-Golf Pte Ltd at Plaza by the Park, Indoor Golf Simulator

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kg7068
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

V-Golf Pte Ltd at Plaza by the Park, Indoor Golf Simulator Empty
PostSubject: V-Golf Pte Ltd at Plaza by the Park, Indoor Golf Simulator   V-Golf Pte Ltd at Plaza by the Park, Indoor Golf Simulator I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi,

Anyone been there? Isit expensive and worth going when one feels like practising?
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: V-Golf Pte Ltd at Plaza by the Park, Indoor Golf Simulator   V-Golf Pte Ltd at Plaza by the Park, Indoor Golf Simulator I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi Kg,

I've been there several times cos I am a pretty big fan of screen golf.

However, I must clarify that while in some areas golf simulators can reflect actual golf shots pretty well, in orders, they fall far short.

In general, for the drives, full iron shots and medium to long pitches, most simulators are pretty accurate as long as the settings are on full simulation mode. However, quite a few places actually build in some slack (even on the so called "Professional" setting) so that the game is not that depressing. With regards to V Golf in particular, quite a few of us feel that the game offers greater length than actual shots, especially when the ball travels faster with the longer clubs. I was getting about 10-15m more per club for irons and hybrids and Alvin was getting 20m when we played there the last time. This is really strange because on the driving range program, there appears to be no extra distance (i.e. the distances correlate with real life).

Another area which nearly all simulators do badly in is the short game, especially chipping and putting. I think this is largely due to the inability to assess the actual spin rate of the ball. The spin rate is estimated based on the velocity and launch angle of the ball (assuming a particular club). This results in a release of the golf ball on the green which is relatively unrealistic. However, some systems have settings which are better off than others. For V golf, I think their settings for the short game are pretty bad.

Having said all that, I still enjoy playing Screen Golf anywhere. However, to use it to practice for actual golf might not be that great an idea for the short game, but probably ok for the full swings, just make sure it is on full simulation mode.

On the benefits side, the instant video replay of your swing, and in some cases, a slow motion replay is also available, are perks you cannot get in a driving range.

Having tried most of the golf sims in Singapore, my choice is Swing Golf for the system. However, I have heard the system in OUB is one of the most realistic, will try it out when I have the time.

Costwise, outdoor booth at V-Golf is $50/hour I think. VIP room is 70.

For Swing golf, 70 per hour (I am trying to get Lee to think of reducing price).

For most places, it ranges from 50/hour to 70/hour.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
kg7068
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: V-Golf Pte Ltd at Plaza by the Park, Indoor Golf Simulator   V-Golf Pte Ltd at Plaza by the Park, Indoor Golf Simulator I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Thanks Derek. Guess the sims are for pastime and wont improve one's skill. May hop in when bored and when my kakis kana skinned by me hole after hole $$$$.
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: V-Golf Pte Ltd at Plaza by the Park, Indoor Golf Simulator   V-Golf Pte Ltd at Plaza by the Park, Indoor Golf Simulator I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:14 pm

They have this instant video playback feature. If you know what to look out for, can help your golf swing. I used to go there during lunchtime with a colleague for an hour 9-hole game. Works out to be $20 per pax (excluding food).

Good to scratch the golfing itch without much hassle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: V-Golf Pte Ltd at Plaza by the Park, Indoor Golf Simulator   V-Golf Pte Ltd at Plaza by the Park, Indoor Golf Simulator I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

V-Golf Pte Ltd at Plaza by the Park, Indoor Golf Simulator
Page 1 of 1