Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore

Go down 
+7
skybobo
paul@golf
Gray
navik
Jax
alvinlee
slyster
11 posters
AuthorMessage
slyster
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
slyster

Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore Empty
PostSubject: Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore   Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:17 am

Hi, just wondering if anyone has tried one of the indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore. I know there are a couple around - Swing Perfection, V-Golf and Greens on Screens. Have been wanting to try, and seeking some feedback from those who have visited. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
alvinlee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore   Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:11 am

Yes, i too want to go try it out.
more for fun and relaxation i guess. was thinking of going to the one at killiney. think thats swing perfection.
looking forward to hear some reviews as well

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Jax

PostSubject: Re: Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore   Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:50 am

Tried V-Golf twice. Total about 7 - 9 bays, 3 directly in lobby area where they have one pool table. Electronics Dart system - 4 - 6+/-. Another 4 - 6 bay near to the rooms; think there are 3 private rooms which can cater to > 10 at one go.

Simulator wise, you can play Range or Course. For putting, within 3 m you putt towards a hole on the floorboard; this floorboard will have slight tilt features. There are 3 holes, I think its like 1m, 2m and 3m point. During play, the ground will move a little to simulate lie. And yes, there is shank features as well...

Rate is about 40+ an hour or so, went both time in evening. 9 holes took about 2 hrs for 4 of us.

Set back is not catered for left handed but overall, enjoyable and nice play to hang out without the sweat. Good if you just wanna hang out and say have Near Pin or Long Drive Competition. We've played Augusta

Will try to visit the one in UOB soon or issit OUB......

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore   Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 3:05 pm

Been to swing perfection a few times (mostly weekdays afternoon), quiet nice place to play a round of golf. System is quite accurate distance wise for my irons. For some reason, I hit my drivers better when I'm there.

Only issue with the High Definition Golf system they use there is there is no wind, so every game is played in perfect condition. And like all simulation golf systems, bunker and rough simulation is not close to the real thing.

They have some tie-ups with Nike, so there are a good choice of Nike clubs to demo if its your cup of tea.

Currently they have a promotion where you pay $300 to get $450 worth of credit, $20 voucher (so in effect $470 for bay booking), free 1st four drinks and subsequent drinks at 25% off. I signed up for this with my friend (50-50 split) since we always play together anyway.

Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore   Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 4:00 pm

Hi,

Thinking of going to an indoor simulator this week.

Which ones of the above are still open?

Any to recommend?
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore   Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 5:46 pm

hi, only places left are Simigolf @ Bukit Batok CDANS and One Latitude, I think....of course if u wanna get a set of OPTIGOLF similator, u can play in comfort at home too  Wink
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore   Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 7:07 pm

Urban fairway?
Back to top Go down
jdyap
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore   Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:10 pm

One Latitude? If you mean City Golf at One Altitude, that is no longer around. It has been converted to a club instead.
Back to top Go down
zach-z
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zach-z

PostSubject: Re: Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore   Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 1:53 pm

What sort of clubs do they normally provide at the simulators?
Back to top Go down
ljflvwc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore   Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 2:05 pm

you can play any club you want to play. But the putter is more difficult.
Back to top Go down
wbjia
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
wbjia

PostSubject: Re: Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore   Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 5:06 pm

i tried once, dont like it at all.
Back to top Go down
zach-z
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zach-z

PostSubject: Re: Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore   Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 5:31 pm

I suppose bringing own equipment works, but what about walk-ins without own equipment?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore   Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Indoor golf simulator centres in Singapore
Page 1 of 1