Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Business Times Corporate Golf League

Go down 
+30
weesern
missmoon
kian
4dtoto
nutty88
shamusan
golfamigo
S70B
Khorkar
zhenxua
mUAr_cHEe
X-Man
ralphlim
Agumon
Tituman
Birdman
jimmychoo
and68low
mloy
wilkang
PinkPanther
eiji
DGman
JonL_TK
duffader
watermyforrest
daveaha
Duval_S
asahi
slinger
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 4:58 am

Sorry, me very suaku.....

But where was this leg held at? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:10 am

Sicc Sime course
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:16 am

Wow still at the top... Great work guys cheers
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:59 am

Quote :
and68low wrote:
It was a frustrating outing for the team today, as we spoke after the game, we notice we all had our fair share of hard luck rub of the green stories to relate to each other, and we fear for the worst! But when the result was posted, a sigh of relief was shown on our face !

I would like to pad the back of slinger, duffader and argumon for grinding out the minimum results needed today and for being able to move on to the next hole with positive enthusiasm !

But, we still have plenty to play for and let's grind out the remaining results !

Well done again !

Congrats to the 4 musketeers

Specifically Mr.Slinger......previously I knew you were above average golfer...ok...way sky high above average golfer......but now , I am certain that you are not just a good snake catcher...but si pek kan hor golfer.......

Slinger...you have a FAN...
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:09 pm

me your fan?...

but you are my idol.....
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:28 pm

Ahem... Heard the horror stories from the Captain as well as the discussion on the next roster with Vincent... All the best and wish you all many birdies on the next round!!!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:25 pm

Benny....did you plant a bug..i thot you are banned from shop....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:35 pm

@ Bro WMF, you can post it here based on what you heard. I wont tell anyone....
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:38 pm

I was next door, eavesdropping using a giant stethoscope.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:43 pm

@ bro Duval, I don't intend to give you a nightmare, so it's better that you hear it from the source and during daytime
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:48 pm

WMF.....now you keeping me awake, thinking of nightmares.

Then again, good to keep awake now coz bloody driving back home only now!!! Evil or Very Mad

Back to topic........

BFG Team, well done guys!
Keep your chin up and go get em'!

Swing
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:49 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
@ bro Duval, I don't intend to give you a nightmare, so it's better that you hear it from the source and during daytime

Oi bro!

Can give me a sneak preview or not? Let me know a bit leh...me going to the Den on Sat to hear full story. Razz
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:01 am

Hi Folks, for those who are keeping track of BT Challenge, the detail results for the 3rd leg is at http://btgolf.com.sg/league/
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:18 am

there is this chap, who seems to be always at the upper end of the leaderboard.

@ Slinger: Can you check your 'adoring' fan inbox, you have a fan (aka D)
Back to top Go down
golfamigo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfamigo

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:55 am

and68low wrote:
Hi Folks, for those who are keeping track of BT Challenge, the detail results for the 3rd leg is at http://btgolf.com.sg/league/

MASTER TAMERS
EXCELLENT team strategies by OAAG and Big Fish in last Wednesday’s Business Times Corporate Golf League saw them leapfrog into joint first position on the ladder.
By Justine Moss

Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 Article-8-big

EXCELLENT team strategies by OAAG and Big Fish in last Wednesday’s Business Times Corporate Golf League saw them leapfrog into joint first position on the ladder. The game at Laguna National Golf & Country Club saw 25 prominent local companies take to the fairways of the Masters course in round two of the competition.

“I’m happy to share our strategy. I decided to go with all the low handicappers and good players because they are consistent and I think consistency is the way to go,” reveals OAAG’s Nicklaus D’Cruz.

“In our team we have the club champions from both Tanah Merah Country Club and Sentosa Golf Club, so our strategy is to keep the consistent players and use them in the team.”

In the OAAG line-up was D’Cruz whose handicap is 8, the company’s events executive Oscar Wallin (5) and two guests – Best Gross winner for the second time Daren Lim (0) and Johnny Kwa (4.7) aka “Mr 30-foot birdie”. Adds Daren, “With the Masters course, there’s no advantage lengthwise so it’s just a case of good course management.”

This is exactly the line that Big Fish took when preparing for last week’s round. “We know the course well, and we even arranged for a practice round last Monday. I walked the course with the boys to show them where not to land and how to score,” says Eric Ng, managing partner of Big Fish Innovative Technology (BFG) and managing director of Zen Golf Asia, who was not available himself to play at Laguna.

“Laguna and the way it was set up on the 18th is not a course for the long hitters, so the selection criteria for this game was based on accuracy rather than length. We basically started selecting our players based on their playing abilities, tournament experience, and their course knowledge.

“Our captain, Andrew Low, former captain at SICC and a non-playing captain of the Singapore Putra Cup team, has a lot of experience in managing golf teams and motivating players.” He continues, “If there is a secret weapon, then I think we can say that all our players use clubs that are fitted by BFG.”

The BFG team consisted of Jimmy Choo, technical trainer at BFG; Vincent Lien, director of Wah Hin; Andrew Lim, plant manager at Pride-Chem Industries and partner of BFG; and William Ong, business development manager, Yeo Hong Construction and Engineering.

Even though his team may not have got off to the best start at the beginning of the round, BFG more than made up for it by scoring 122, the highest of all the teams in the second round. “At the first tee box, one of our lads had a really bad drive and his tee shot did not pass the ladies tee,” recalls Eric. “That woke him up pretty quickly and he went on to concentrate better.”

Concentrating on winning the inaugural Business Times Corporate Golf League is top of OAAG’s agenda after the second round. “We’re going for a win in this league and we rate our chances for a win as good,” says a confident Nicklaus who is thoroughly enjoying the entire event.

“Just showing up and saying hello to everyone and catching up with them and playing the game. Then you get into this competitive mode and post-game you can let your hair down. We’re having a great time and it’s just good fun. It’s also good networking and we’re meeting a lot of people in the industry and different industries and people with a common interest in golf.” He adds, “We’ll keep this league a stable part of our calendar. We’ll always take part.”

For Oscar, the most enjoyable part of playing in the league has been playing all the beautiful courses. “Also I’ve enjoyed teeing off with two people you haven’t met before and you have two new friends after 18 holes.” Daren adds, “For me it’s playing the game of golf, having a good laugh and seeing familiar faces. It’s very relaxed.”

He continues, “In every corporate firm there are always golfers but sometimes they don’t belong to a club or have enough time to play. This league gives them a good chance and good excuse to play in a more competitive situation but they can still have fun. It’s not all serious.”

For Eric, the most enjoyable part of being involved in this league is to find out that, at the end of the day, his customers have done well with the equipment BFG helped them build, while the rest of the team are just happy to go out, play golf and have fun competing.

He says, “The standard is quite high. There are some very good players out there and it will benefit those who are not used to competing, to play and compete on equal terms based on the handicapping system. There are Inter-club leagues, Junior and Amateur Opens, but The Business Times Corporate Golf League has all the right components to provide company executives with the opportunity to get a taste of competitive golf in a friendly environment.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.ivangolf.com
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:24 am

Very sad to see that the 1st leg wonder fall to 2nd last in the 3rd leg.
Maybe it's purely luck in the 1st leg? Suspect
Now waiting for the 2nd leg wonder to perform in his future game. cyclops
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:38 am

Duval_S wrote:
there is this chapD)

Is the name slinger? tongue
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:10 pm

Quote :
asahi wrote:
Duval_S wrote:
there is this chapD)

Is the name slinger? tongue

I am not sure...coz I tot he used to be 'blonde' or at least close to it....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 1:12 pm

halo dun come ka-jiao leh....

me only little nemo.....

unlike u, duval..... how i wish my short game as chun as you....

heard u dun carry putter in your bag nowadays....wow, envy u lor
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 1:26 pm

just amazing.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 2:12 pm

Quote :
asahi wrote:
watermyforrest wrote:

Oi bro!

Can give me a sneak preview or not? Let me know a bit leh...me going to the Den on Sat to hear full story. Razz

wat time you going? I have a habit of spreading rumors
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 2:32 pm

Duval_S wrote:

and deception that you are a beginner....

blardee seasoned beginner u....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
asahi wrote:
watermyforrest wrote:

Oi bro!

Most likely reaching bout 5. Gotta work tmr. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:55 pm

Quote :
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

and deception that you are a beginner....

blardee seasoned beginner u....

I am no Decepticon.......................I am Bumble Bee
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 7:37 am

Duval_S wrote:
I am no Decepticon.......................I am Bumble Bee

yah lah. bluff ppl that you are a cute and adorable VW 'BUG'

Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 3373297021_4ac6acb94c

But actually... as Vernetta Lopez of Class 95's Morning Xpress says... dang dang DANGGGGG!!!

Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 BumblebeeHIRES
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Business Times Corporate Golf League   Business Times Corporate Golf League - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Business Times Corporate Golf League
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next