Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?

Go down 
+11
wilkang
duffader
asahi
Begbie
Duval_S
Genesis
and68low
Birdman
JonL_TK
Batman
golfer
15 posters
AuthorMessage
golfer
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? Empty
PostSubject: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:10 pm

IMHO, at least 1x green + 1-2x range a week.... provided you are talking abt
maintaining at single HC for eg. If u are hitting 130+, then its a diff story and objectives
Back to top Go down
golfer
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:26 pm

Batman wrote:
maintaining at single HC for eg. If u are hitting 130+, then its a diff story and objectives

thats too much time wasted.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:35 pm

You can practice once a week... if time is precious to you...
Just make sure you practice smart

Not just go to the range and hit ball after ball...
Have a practice plan

It should be able to maintain standard
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:03 am

The merits of practicing indoor in front of a mirror is much overlooked.

Save time, save money, and can work wonders.

This was reinforced to me when I was playing at Orna GC in Malacca. There was a group of Korean kids on a golf camp. Played in the day, in the evening before dinner it was chip and putt, then after dinner, driving range.

It was while observing the kids at the driving range that I noticed they always looked behind them at various points in their backswing. Behind them were long sliding glass windows running almost the full length of the range, and every kid was checking their backswing positions.

The value of doing this at home and gaining visual feedback with a full or even half length mirror can only be understood after trying it and then heading out to the range.

I've discovered for me that using a mirror the nite before a game can yield visible results on the course the next day too.

Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:12 am

Simple la, just go down to BFG 4 times a week, each time min 2 hrs, every visit hit 15 balls and chat with fellow golfers, drink kopi, once a while jio a golf game and lastly, once a week bring home some new toys, sure can maintain Hcp and standard ! been doing it the past yrs....... where all the action is!!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:16 am

and68low wrote:
Simple la, just go down to BFG 4 times a week, each time min 2 hrs, every visit hit 15 balls and chat with fellow golfers, drink kopi, once a while jio a golf game and lastly, once a week bring home some new toys, sure can maintain Hcp and standard ! been doing it the past yrs....... where all the action is!!

Well said Andrew.

Some more can check launch stats. ROFL

Errr... but not all of us work night shift leh....
Back to top Go down
Genesis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:07 am

Depend what standard you're looking ...

My opinion is still individual becuase individual have the own body condition.. some need to work out everyday in order to maintenance, some no needs.. However golf is not just hitting the ball , this is a mental game also. one thing for sure , need to get fit to play golf.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:15 am

How often to practise to maintain std???

wah ...very tough question for me.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:23 am

golfer wrote:
Batman wrote:

I think batman is quoting the training for a touring pro or single HC on the way to turn pro....

Just like money, time is relative to how much one can afford to waste....Smile
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:55 am

and68low wrote:

Most excellent idea, Andrew!

Will do so tmr afternoon. ROFL
Back to top Go down
golfer
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:38 am

thanks for sharing. i realised that usually if i stopped for more than 2 weeks, i need at least 2 to 3 times range practice to regain normal standard. ha..
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:59 am

Begbie wrote:
golfer wrote:
Batman wrote:

I think batman is quoting the training for a touring pro or single HC on the way to turn pro....

If a guy can turn pro by just doing what batman has quoted, then he must be super talented!
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:46 am

duffader wrote:
Begbie wrote:
golfer wrote:
Batman wrote:

If a guy can turn pro by just doing what batman has quoted, then he must be super talented!

Yea super exceptional talent;) just like tiger managing all his 19 holes while touring and training on the side.
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:43 am

LOL Beqbie..good one..i thought it was 20 holes or more??
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:49 pm

wilkang wrote:
LOL Beqbie..good one..i thought it was 20 holes or more??

yea silly me... Def more than 20 holes. He's the man !

Pure and exceptional talent brimming in every lie, rough, hazards and holes ...

And of course we are referring to the green..
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:51 pm

How much to practice? let me quote right sided coach

"As for pro and low H/C players (0-4), a rough guide would be 3 x 18 holes per week, 1000 balls at range and 5-6 hours on shortgame per week. Do this for many years and you may achieve this level.

There is also the talent and physical and mental characteristics that are needed. "

and I agree with him..... perhaps divide by half for average golfer
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:13 pm

I used to be able to break 100 consistently when I play twice a week and driving range 3 times a week.

Now, I play once a month and driving range once a month. Not enough to maintain.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:24 pm

as a rough gauge, can I say for example at the minimum:

20 - 15 HCP (1 x 18 holes a week, 300 balls range a week, 2 hrs short game a week)
14 - 10 HCP (2 x 18, 500 balls, 4 hrs short game)
9 - 5 HCP (3 x 18, 1000 balls, 6 hrs short game)

hmm.. looks like I should be happy as I am about 20+ and don't even put in 2 hrs short game a week or hit the range that often. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:28 pm

Quote :
mizzy wrote:
as a rough gauge, can I say for example at the minimum:

20 - 15 HCP (1 x 18 holes a week, 300 balls range a week, 2 hrs short game a week)
14 - 10 HCP (2 x 18, 500 balls, 4 hrs short game)
9 - 5 HCP (3 x 18, 1000 balls, 6 hrs short game)

hmm.. looks like I should be happy as I am about 20+ and don't even put in 2 hrs short game a week or hit the range that often. Very Happy

wah....you seem to have a golf readiness philosophy that kind of mirror somebody I know very well.....
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:53 pm

who ar? who ar? scratch
Back to top Go down
watchman88sg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
watchman88sg

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:26 pm

It's not the amount of time spent on practice. It's whether or not the aspiring golfer is practising correctly .... no amount of mileage put in is going to ensure consistency if the swing is mechanically flawed from the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard?   how often do you ve to practice inorder to maintain standard? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1