Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to maintain your golf clubs

Go down 
+4
JawereZ
Uncle Lau
Lamts18
pratat
8 posters
AuthorMessage
pratat
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

How to maintain your golf clubs Empty
PostSubject: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Any experts can advise?
Back to top Go down
pratat
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:14 pm

maintain as in

Wash
Clean
Polish
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:18 pm

Soak them in soapy water to loosen the dirt, rinse and brush it off with a brush with not too soft bristles and wipe clean. can oil them too.. try not to use ultrasonic cleaners as they may harmful to clubs.. may not be correct but this is what i do or my maid does for me under my supervision.. perhaps other seniors here can further advise Smile
Back to top Go down
pratat
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:20 pm

ermm i try doing that .. with brushing.. in the end... i brush off the metal coating on my vokey... now left there to rust...
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:24 pm

Yes bro lamst18 ! your method is good and correct, since i have a maid, i too now ask her to clean and wash for me every time i finished my game. Once in a month i would get the xmm in NSRCC to Ultrasonic wash my club and not every time like you said before.

Good adviced bro !

Beer
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Soak   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:31 pm

Soak the whole club or only the clubface ? shaft ? grip ?
sorry noobie question !

cheers
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:33 pm

pratat wrote:
ermm i try doing that .. with brushing.. in the end... i brush off the metal coating on my vokey... now left there to rust...

Hehe my vokey after washing and drying, i apply thick Singer Oil on it as i don't like to see it rust and i also worry if it rust, when i reach out to take it out, i may hav a nasty cut.....Ouch.... geek

I am a clean person, i today just had a game in NSRCC and i wash my Golf Locker....if you go to NSRCC to play and walk pass those Golf locker, you find one locker very clean and shinning (i used Lemon Pledge cleaner to clean outer door and i wash inside with soap......the marshel just shake their head ! scratch

I would say....Army trained......

Cheers !

Swing
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:34 pm

Just the club face.

Wipe down the shaft and grip with a wet cloth if you must.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:35 pm

JawereZ wrote:
Soak the whole club or only the clubface ? shaft ? grip ?
sorry noobie question !

cheers

cannot soak the whole club !! just the head portion .. the grips, just use water to rinse them and towel to dry.. if very dirty, use detergent to wash... but if not tacky anymore. time to re-grip the set..
Back to top Go down
pratat
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:51 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
pratat wrote:

Hehe my vokey after washing and drying, i apply thick Singer Oil on it as i don't like to see it rust and i also worry if it rust, when i reach out to take it out, i may hav a nasty cut.....Ouch.... geek

I am a clean person, i today just had a game in NSRCC and i wash my Golf Locker....if you go to NSRCC to play and walk pass those Golf locker, you find one locker very clean and shinning (i used Lemon Pledge cleaner to clean outer door and i wash inside with soap......the marshel just shake their head ! scratch

Cheers !

Swing

Thanks for the advise but i think the rust is beyond removal... sigh...
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: thanks   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:54 pm

Thanks Lamts18 for prompt reply! How much to refit the grips, any ideas?

Respect Uncle Lau, locker must be KILAT ! So you ever kena standby Locker? hehe

cheers
Back to top Go down
pratat
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:59 pm

The price of refitting the grips depends on what type of grip you are getting..

Where to do refitting? --> BFG <--
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:11 pm

any good clubfitter will suffice.. and the type of grips is your choice .. but make sure the size is just nice .. neither too big or too small... BFG is where most of us go to chat and hang out and talk stuffs about golf... and to change shafts, heads, whatever..
Laughing
Back to top Go down
chinchiachun
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chinchiachun

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:14 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
Yes bro lamst18 ! your method is good and correct, since i have a maid, i too now ask her to clean and wash for me every time i finished my game. Once in a month i would get the xmm in NSRCC to Ultrasonic wash my club and not every time like you said before.

Good adviced bro !

Beer

Uncle Lau, your maid clean and wash you after your game? You lucky man! Hahahahha!
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:19 pm

That why she end up in Hospital for 3 days for Urinary Tract Infection, my clubs too dirty ....... scratch
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:22 pm

chinchiachun wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

Good adviced bro !

Beer

Uncle Lau, your maid clean and wash you after your game? You lucky man! Hahahahha!

Hehehe.. lucky man .. not sure too.. which club he is talking about.... using ultrasonic for club... never tried but sure will have vibrating effect. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:30 pm

actually i strongly believe the maintaining starts even when u r playing...

after every shot, it's good to wipe the club face or even try to remove some stains/sands/ etc from the groove after every shot. it helps to reduce the difficulty of washing it later too.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:30 pm

Thanks for the advise but i think the rust is beyond removal... sigh...[/quote] pratat

Next game you play, head for the pond, then you put your rusty wedge in and dig the soft sand, it will clean your club.

Remember Secondary Schools days, go barbeque, we go to the beach and dig the soft sand with our Barbeque skewers just to clean it.

You can try the same method on your rusty wedge. Not too many times as it will file your groove smooth.

Swing
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:37 pm

UL,

Not Pond lah.. Sand Bunker !!
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:39 pm

pratat wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:
pratat wrote:

Cheers !

Swing

Thanks for the advise but i think the rust is beyond removal... sigh...

Rust is good, more bite and spin..hehe
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:39 pm

pratat wrote:
--> BFG <--

no stock....

hahahaha...

okok... seriously.. they have stock for the normal ones.. but the exotics ones that i like to use... no stock...
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:40 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
chinchiachun wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:

Good adviced bro !

Beer

Hehehe.. lucky man .. not sure too.. which club he is talking about.... using ultrasonic for club... never tried but sure will have vibrating effect. Laughing

Just curious, did he put a condom on the club head to prevent rusting as the Condom are oily
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:42 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
pratat wrote:

Cheers !

Swing

Recruit Lau, why you never use the brown paper and talc it !! drop 20..
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:01 pm

YES SIR ! .......Hey i am a Army officer myself...Nabis......

ROFL
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:05 pm

hahahaha...make sure you kiwi your golf shoe shining shining...ok ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to maintain your golf clubs   How to maintain your golf clubs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to maintain your golf clubs
Page 1 of 1