Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thinking of changing driver shaft

Go down 
+6
DGman
jimmychoo
Khorkar
Yarra
slinger
golfcoma
10 posters
AuthorMessage
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Thinking of changing driver shaft Empty
PostSubject: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:56 pm

I'm currently using ilima 60R on my driver and whilst I have nothing but good things to say about this shaft, I'm looking for something that has a little more kick/whip, especially at impact.

Naturally, the BF and Kajiki shafts come to mind. Besides that, I think Eric also has the fubuki (at least as of 2-3 months ago).

Any suggestions on which might provide more kick and less spin? Smile
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:01 pm

its a good thing u are not in spore....cant imagine how many drivers u will have

my advise: try them all..... ROFL
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi Andrew, that's indeed good advise Wink You're right - it's probably a good thing that I'm not in Singapore, but that also means that I need to think of a reason to stop by Singapore every now and then so that I can go to the den, haha.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 12:02 am

Kajiki would be the way to go. I personally don't like the Fubuki. I play the Kai'Li and love it, but I found the Fubuki to launch really high on me and I don't like the feel either. I am not really good at describing feels, though...

Other alternative, if you like a lightweight shaft, would be the Bassara Griffin. Nice shaft, busy graphic!

Just my 2cents...
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 1:54 am

Me too thinking of this. I been itching lately. This is after I took a Titty 909 F2 from a nice lady in Warren and swing it to my liking. Boy it felt good. The FW was on a Diamana blueboard 70x stiff. I really nailed it. Then I went back and swung my Cleveland, the impact was similar the ball flew but the ball flight was much higher. She explained, the flex and weight my shaft didn't suite me. Then she said, i shouldnt be using Reg shaft, you need Stiff. She end her note, go see Eric (da den's boss) he will sort you out. My jaw dropped!

Btw, her hcp is -1. For the 1st ever in my life, I see a lady swing a club like her, she made me look small not by size but ego...

She is right, my ball flight is high and I am generating more than necessary. I need to change my shafts.... sigh...

Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Me too thinking of this. I been itching lately. This is after I took a Titty 909 F2 from a nice lady in Warren and swing it to my liking. Boy it felt good. The FW was on a Diamana blueboard 70x stiff. I really nailed it. Then I went back and swung my Cleveland, the impact was similar the ball flew but the ball flight was much higher. She explained, the flex and weight my shaft didn't suite me. Then she said, i shouldnt be using Reg shaft, you need Stiff. She end her note, go see Eric (da den's boss) he will sort you out. My jaw dropped!

Btw, her hcp is -1. For the 1st ever in my life, I see a lady swing a club like her, she made me look small not by size but ego...

She is right, my ball flight is high and I am generating more than necessary. I need to change my shafts.... sigh...

KK, let me warn you on this "All ladies like man to have stiff shaft" ROFL
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:23 pm

Khorkar wrote:

dont come to me...go to ebay KK........DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:43 pm

Dr Ng,
No wonder you been ignoring me today. I better take queue number...

lol!

JC, sshhhhh. Don't let everyone know... No stock....

Last edited by Khorkar on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:56 pm

Thinking of changing driver shaft.....

hmmm...arrr...siigh

I changed liao.....
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:04 pm

Yarra wrote:
Kajiki would be the way to go. I personally don't like the Fubuki. I play the Kai'Li and love it, but I found the Fubuki to launch really high on me and I don't like the feel either. I am not really good at describing feels, though...

Other alternative, if you like a lightweight shaft, would be the Bassara Griffin. Nice shaft, busy graphic!

Just my 2cents...

Hi Yarra, I've tried bassara irons shafts but not their driver shafts. Would be open to trying them.

Just out of curiosity, why do you prefer the BFG 8 series over the Kajiki?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:05 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Thinking of changing driver shaft.....

hmmm...arrr...siigh

I changed liao.....

Can I be the 1st to offer you my congrats and welcome to the "K" Club?????
Cheers Jump

titu
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:07 pm

No la.. our friend when the other side... he went to G-string club... He now have the white shaft....Now, he is even more fearful. He used to take 3FW and hit loooooong. Now driving and 3FW also looooooong.

Last edited by Khorkar on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:09 pm

Bro Titu............Aiyoh....change shaft...but not there yet to be at the ' K ' level......

But I have a strong feeling, this shafted one will really suit me well
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:45 pm

I felt the force of this new weapon in Duval's possession at the Den even though it was not swung.......all, beware......

Congrats bro on yr new find! cheers
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:53 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Bro Titu............Aiyoh....change shaft...but not there yet to be at the ' K ' level......

But I have a strong feeling, this shafted one will really suit me well

Congrats, bro!! Can't wait to see the new gear in action Smile
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 11:29 pm

golfcoma wrote:
Yarra wrote:

Just my 2cents...

Hi Yarra, I've tried bassara irons shafts but not their driver shafts. Would be open to trying them.

Just out of curiosity, why do you prefer the BFG 8 series over the Kajiki?

I tried The 60S and 70S Kajiki and I felt like I couldn't go 100% at it. I simply cannot control it if I do. BUT when I swing easy and just maintain my tempo, it is a great shaft. It goes long and very controllable. However, I am not the kind of guy who has that kind of patience to just swing easy at ever tee box. Evil or Very Mad

With the Big Fish 8, it is a completely different case. I might sacrife some (5 yards, maybe 10 at most) yardage but I have not missed a fairway in 5 games with it! Okay, maybe once, but it was a step away from the edge of the fairway. All this while I have the confidence to swing as hard as I possibly could.

But DGman summed it best: it's just a matter of confidence! I have the Kajiki 80 in my 3 wood (PING i15, 14*) and I love it! The best 3 wood I have since my 07 Burner! I am so looking forward to trying out Kajiki 80 in my driver, though.

As for Bassara Griffin, it is a light weight and pretty tip-active. However, it is quite stable for a 50-grammer. If only I have the right flex...

I'll be in Singapore again for a week from August 10 onwards, will you happen to be there also?
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:22 am

Thanks for your insights! I have tried a callaway FT-IQ / kajiki combo at the den and it was fantastic. Very stable shaft. I generally don't swing very hard (at least I try not to) because things will just go out of control when I do.

I'm thinking of taking a trip to Singapore sometime but haven't firmed up my schedule yet. Would be good to catch up since the last time we met was at dinner with Eric a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:02 pm

golfcoma wrote:
Thanks for your insights! I have tried a callaway FT-IQ / kajiki combo at the den and it was fantastic. Very stable shaft. I generally don't swing very hard (at least I try not to) because things will just go out of control when I do.

I'm thinking of taking a trip to Singapore sometime but haven't firmed up my schedule yet. Would be good to catch up since the last time we met was at dinner with Eric a long time ago.

Yup, it'll be good. It was a really good dinner in a typical Singaporean neighborhood.

I'll be in Singapore in the second week of August, let me know if you are in town...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing driver shaft   Thinking of changing driver shaft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking of changing driver shaft
Page 1 of 1