Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Food thread

Go down 
+19
chinchiachun
Ssquirrel
Kopi Towkay
ironfist
siaw8
missmoon
slinger
22tang
nientsu
grooveballer
thejerrytan
DGman
S70B
Ken_
He
Technospaz
tronos
Duval_S
mervyntan
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

Food thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:50 am

Some beer auntie quite lao chio one leh.....I oso don mind!!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:55 am

SS, I'm like you. I'd rather sit down at a kopi tiam and chit chat with friends. Beer places tend to get a little noisy after a while. Besides, kopi tiams are more affordable and kaya toast... yummy!!
Back to top Go down
chinchiachun
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chinchiachun

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:05 am

That day SPP mommy tells me she got a new botak patron, si beh hum sup. Keep talking about balls, holes and stroke, his shaft very stiff, his grip like squeezing a banana without squashing it, his clubhead very big, he always hole in 1, he practices TSM etc etc etc. So mommy called bouncer and wants to chase him out but he says his good friend is Jimmy Choo then mommy give face and let him stay. Now i know she's refering to you SS.

Aiyah, if you like beer auntie tell me earlier mah, Jimmy and I can always invite you to SPP.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:08 am

chinchiachun wrote:
That day SPP mommy tells me she got a new botak patron, si beh hum sup. Keep talking about balls, holes and stroke, his shaft very stiff, his grip like squeezing a banana without squashing it, his clubhead very big, he always hole in 1, he practices TSM etc etc etc. So mommy called bouncer and wants to chase him out but he says his good friend is Jimmy Choo then mommy give face and let him stay. Now i know she's refering to you SS.

Aiyah, if you like beer auntie tell me earlier mah, Jimmy and I can always invite you to SPP.

NB..dun lie lah... I went SPP; nowsadays a lot of younger PRCs leh...not as matured as beer aunties.... Very Happy
But you're right about Bro JC.. His name very powderful!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:14 am

Err... what's SPP? On 2nd thoughts, I don't wanna know.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:18 am

T'Paz : Trust me....you dont want to know. Its like the dark side, once Darklord CCC brings you there, you aint coming back....ever....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:22 am

nientsu wrote:
T'Paz : Trust me....you dont want to know. Its like the dark side, once Darklord CCC brings you there, you aint coming back....ever....

I'll take your word for it, bro. I'll stick with Yakun and Toastbox.
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:15 am

Ssquirrel wrote:
nientsu wrote:

Really? I havent been there for like 2 years. Used to work across the street. Used to go there for a weekday chillout.

Talking about Chill-out places, anybody fans of Wala Wala in Holland Village? I have been frequenting that place for about 5 years now. I like this place for its cosy atmosphere, 1-for-1 offers on selected pours, great great pizzas and calamaris and good live music on the second floor. To me, what attrats me there is that you just have to be yourself, you can go there in berms and slippers and still have a hellava time. If you like hard rock, go there on Thursdays and Saturdays cos the band UnXpected plays loads of old school rock, from Black Sabbath to Led Zep to U2 to GnR to Metallica etc. EIC plays on Weds and fris i think. And with EIC, you will get loads of girl followings. Mostly fresh out of Uni, or still in uni. Laughing Laughing

The places I dont like (but have to freq for business purposes) is Balaclava. I find that its too utterly atas and pretentious. Its all posers in there. In a way, women go there bc they know there are loads of bankers there. Men go there cos they cos they are loads of women looking for banker Bfs there. Also, they don serve you if you are in berms. CRAP!

I haven't been to Wala wala in a long time..

My chill-out haunts usually at Kopi Tiams.

Drink of choice: Tiger-peng. No live music, but sometimes got live shouting and other type of live show..Some the kopi-tiams got evergreen hokkien songs being played. Sad and meaningful lyrics about the common man and unrequited love... hear oredi, sure "lau bark sai".. tear-drop..

Cosy atmosphere, no need to dress up; can scratch my balls and no one would care.
The places I don't like (but have to freq for business purposes) is Geylang Kopi-tiam, got loads of women; but usually all posers.. in a way the women go there bc they know there are loads of those with spending power (just withdraw CPF lah); Men go there cos..... cos DOM/cheeko pek lah..

So these days usually go those where got more Beer Aunties... Dun laff hor.. nowsadays standard very high hor... got competition... Usually tiger auntie (ok lah... promoter) slightly more matured, but the San Miguel ones younger leh; Carlsberg charbo oso quite good..
If you ask me.. is good lor... drink oredi, collect the bottle cap can exchange for lighter summore....

heheheh

Beer

Bro, what you described doesnt seem to match the real you leh. Who are you describing? or who are you trying to imitate?
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:50 am

siaw8 wrote:

Bro, what you described doesnt seem to match the real you leh. Who are you describing? or who are you trying to imitate?

U !!! Need to spell out meh? Question Razz
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:54 am

KNN!!!
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:54 pm

nientsu wrote:
Also, they don serve you if you are in berms. CRAP!

u have misunderstood them bro... i was there in berms before... and they still served me happily... u just gotta give them one kinda LJ face that says "i'm gonna F u if u don't serve me because WTF can't i wear berms..." haha... then they will serve u...

anyway.. i agree with u.. wala is a very nice palce to chill but sometimes it gets a little crowded... i prefer timbre though for its alfresco kinda feel...
Back to top Go down
22tang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
22tang

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:21 pm

Wow, you are damn loyal ... 3 generation ... Thanks for the recommendation.

mervyntan wrote:
slinger wrote:
MT, think u can be a food critic......... go join mediacock lah, u n brian co-host food patrol, u in uniform with baton........hmmmmmm

wah.. sound good leh.. i am sure it will surely hit new highs and have very high ratings and viewership.. invite brian to this forum and ask what he think of this idea leh... bounce

22tang, the stall only opens in the morning.. he close early afternoon, sometimes 12pm he already getting ready to keep the stall and go home for his mahjong session.. this stall has got a very long tradition.. my grandfather used to bring my dad to eat at this stall.. that was when the current stall-owner's father was operating..
now, my dad bring me to this stall.. the current stall-owner is operating.. and his son is helping out.. in future, the son will take over the stall.. so that is 3 generation.. and it has always been at the same location throughout.. so in future, i can bring my son there to eat... haha..

sorry guys i tell this cock bull story, haha.. just thought it is something interesting to share..
Back to top Go down
frosTEE
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
frosTEE

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Okay, i have mentioned this place to some of our forum guys and now i have the pics to let all of you drool at the delicious pork knuckle (chinese style)

This place is located near Legends Country Club. They serve very good food with really good price. The huge pork knuckle should be about RM26 (price will depend on the size of the pork knuckle). Comes with achar and special dark vinegar sauce.

Food thread - Page 3 Pork_k10

Food thread - Page 3 Pork_k11

Will try to find the exact address so that for those who goes to Legends next time, you can pop by this place for your dinner~
Back to top Go down
golfdiva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfdiva

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:34 pm

Yummilicious .... Thread Nice
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:07 pm

frosTEE wrote:
Okay, i have mentioned this place to some of our forum guys and now i have the pics to let all of you drool at the delicious pork knuckle (chinese style)

This place is located near Legends Country Club. They serve very good food with really good price. The huge pork knuckle should be about RM26 (price will depend on the size of the pork knuckle). Comes with achar and special dark vinegar sauce.

Food thread - Page 3 Pork_k11

Will try to find the exact address so that for those who goes to Legends next time, you can pop by this place for your dinner~

Is that what we'll be getting at the next makan @ the Den?
Back to top Go down
frosTEE
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
frosTEE

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:11 pm

wah got to tabao from Legends and all the way bring back ah~ a bit tough wor
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:15 pm

frosTEE wrote:
wah got to tabao from Legends and all the way bring back ah~ a bit tough wor

Haha. Ok. I was teasing Smile
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:29 pm

http://ieatishootipost.sg/2007/03/tanjong-rhu-pao-its-small-its-expensive.html
my new-found pau place.. i like the ba pau and char siew pau..
although small but very NICE..
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:43 pm

Frostee, what's the name of the restaurent?
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:20 pm

frosTEE wrote:

Looks like Jin Man Lou (金满楼), next to Mary Brown chicken & near 7-11. My kakis eat there often after our game at Legends. Price is reasonable too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Food thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3