Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Food thread

Go down 
+19
chinchiachun
Ssquirrel
Kopi Towkay
ironfist
siaw8
missmoon
slinger
22tang
nientsu
grooveballer
thejerrytan
DGman
S70B
Ken_
He
Technospaz
tronos
Duval_S
mervyntan
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

Food thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:56 pm

2's a party,
3's a inmate party.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:58 pm

mervyntan wrote:
2's a party,
3's a intimate party.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Technospaz wrote:
S70B wrote:
Michelin Man is more gross cos it looks like the fats are layered.

Marshmallow Man aka Ghostbusters more round and prosperous.

On another note, lets talk food again

For those who rubber tap for golf, do you eat breakfast before ur round or midway thru?

I try to get a bit of brekkie in before starting.

In JB, choco and I enjoyed wantan mee at 6am recently. We'll do so again this Saturday.
In Singapore, eat cereal at home...oh well.

T'Paz : Is the Wanton Mee you were mentioning near Tebrau Food Centre? That one damn power man!! then there is the Cheng Tng stall at the food centre opp San Low Seafood too. Got JB food trip call me too K

One of my pet luxury meals is the go down to Brazil Charuscara at 6 avenue. That one is a meat orgy!!! Lamb, Beef, ham chicken, butter fish.....all come to you!!! Beef alone, they got Top-side, Garlic, ribs, tenderlion beef. All grilled to perfection..... The waiters will bring all these delicious food to your table and ask you if you want or not. Then they will cut a slice for you. Their best dish, is the grilled pineapples. Its a meat lover paradise. Definately not for vegetarians
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:33 pm

Hey bro, the wantan mee place is near the Tebrau Food Center and it opens from 12am to 7am, I think. Really quite good and busy too Wink Yes, next time we arrange a game in JB, please come join us! Good golf... good makan too!
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:37 pm

nientsu wrote:
One of my pet luxury meals is the go down to Brazil Charuscara at 6 avenue. That one is a meat orgy!!! Lamb, Beef, ham chicken, butter fish.....all come to you!!! Beef alone, they got Top-side, Garlic, ribs, tenderlion beef. All grilled to perfection..... The waiters will bring all these delicious food to your table and ask you if you want or not. Then they will cut a slice for you. Their best dish, is the grilled pineapples. Its a meat lover paradise. Definately not for vegetarians

Haven't been there for ages....but my fav is their chickens' hearts. Grilled nicely and has a nice crunch to it.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:39 pm

S70B wrote:
nientsu wrote:

Haven't been there for ages....but my fav is their chickens' hearts. Grilled nicely and has a nice crunch to it.

I actually like the one at CHIJMES (Carnivore) cause of the setting. Very laid back. Perhaps we should organize a group meet there. Eat and tcss Smile
Back to top Go down
thejerrytan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
thejerrytan

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:15 pm

nientsu wrote:

Oh yes I agree. I am absolute fan of churrascaria.

Tried the one at Vivo, Robertson Walk, Katong and Sixth Avenue.

Sixth Avenue is by far the one that stands out in terms of variety and quality.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:42 pm

S70B wrote:
nientsu wrote:

i'm with you on this man. absolutely love the chicken's hearts. delectably yummy.

for ambience, i like the one at chijmes, as technospaz has mentioned, it is very laid-back and chilled. but i do agree that food-wise, sixth avenue seems to be the better one. i believe it is also the original churascarria which first opened in SG.

i really love the grilled pineapple. the caramelisation of the sugars in the pineapple gives it a smokey caramel tastes, with the tangy kick. absolutely delectable.

i had rather bad and unfresh fish at the outlet in vivo though. that outlet probably ranks rather lowly on my list in terms of the quality of food as well as ambience. the pineapple there also gives me that biting tongue feeling. this is caused by improper preparation of the pineapple.
Back to top Go down
22tang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
22tang

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:22 pm

One of my favourite food is curry rice. I used to go to the one along Serangoon Road, Midnight Curry that open after 2am. There were many old uncles serving you. A few years ago, I think the owner has sold the business to another guy with the old uncles all gone. But the taste is so different now.

Nowadays, I will go to Jalan Besar "Scissors Cut".

Yummy ... Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:30 pm

A different twist to food..drinks instead.....

For good cuppa local brew Teh , my fav is keong siak street corner shot.....morning down 1 cup with 2 soft boil eggs.....ready liao for morning tee off.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:02 pm

[/quote]One of my pet luxury meals is the go down to Brazil Charuscara at 6 avenue. That one is a meat orgy!!! Lamb, Beef, ham chicken, butter fish.....all come to you!!! Beef alone, they got Top-side, Garlic, ribs, tenderlion beef. All grilled to perfection..... The waiters will bring all these delicious food to your table and ask you if you want or not. Then they will cut a slice for you. Their best dish, is the grilled pineapples. Its a meat lover paradise. Definately not for vegetarians[/quote]

the owner is D Gabriel, he's a golfer too, a pretty good golfer i might add.........
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:47 pm

22tang wrote:
One of my favourite food is curry rice. I used to go to the one along Serangoon Road, Midnight Curry that open after 2am. There were many old uncles serving you. A few years ago, I think the owner has sold the business to another guy with the old uncles all gone. But the taste is so different now.

Yummy ... Cheers Jump

hi 22tang.. can also try this curry rice at whampoa market.. it is on the wet market side.. facing the canal and the condos... roughly around the middle part of the market.. he is open mostly during morning, and it is like a lucky draw because some days the guy just happy happy closed or open..

the standard i feel is quite good on certain days.. go try it and tell me what u think... cheers
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:53 pm

These are my favorite food... crabssss & durian.. yummmyyyy

Food thread - Page 2 Chilli10
Food thread - Page 2 Crab10
Food thread - Page 2 Durian10
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
22tang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
22tang

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:54 pm

Great, I will try it soon. The stall only open in the morning?

mervyntan wrote:
22tang wrote:

Yummy ... Cheers Jump

hi 22tang.. can also try this curry rice at whampoa market.. it is on the wet market side.. facing the canal and the condos... roughly around the middle part of the market.. he is open mostly during morning, and it is like a lucky draw because some days the guy just happy happy closed or open..

the standard i feel is quite good on certain days.. go try it and tell me what u think... cheers
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:55 pm

MT, think u can be a food critic......... go join mediacock lah, u n brian co-host food patrol, u in uniform with baton........hmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:36 pm

I'm sure Brian will approve of that.
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:48 pm

My fav is Tai Hwa Pork Noodle at Crawford Lane... IMO the best pork noodle in Singapore.. slurp slurp:)
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:11 am

siaw8 wrote:
My fav is Tai Hwa Pork Noodle at Crawford Lane... IMO the best pork noodle in Singapore.. slurp slurp:)

YES. it is badam best.. always queue so long when i reach kah kah qi pai just order the biggest bowl. plus extra soup!
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:59 am

slinger wrote:
MT, think u can be a food critic......... go join mediacock lah, u n brian co-host food patrol, u in uniform with baton........hmmmmmm

wah.. sound good leh.. i am sure it will surely hit new highs and have very high ratings and viewership.. invite brian to this forum and ask what he think of this idea leh... bounce

22tang, the stall only opens in the morning.. he close early afternoon, sometimes 12pm he already getting ready to keep the stall and go home for his mahjong session.. this stall has got a very long tradition.. my grandfather used to bring my dad to eat at this stall.. that was when the current stall-owner's father was operating..
now, my dad bring me to this stall.. the current stall-owner is operating.. and his son is helping out.. in future, the son will take over the stall.. so that is 3 generation.. and it has always been at the same location throughout.. so in future, i can bring my son there to eat... haha..

sorry guys i tell this cock bull story, haha.. just thought it is something interesting to share..
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 6:40 am

Give the Lazy Lizard a try at No 2 Sixth Ave. Great Mexican Breakfast and COLD COLD Beer!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:58 am

Kopi Towkay wrote:
Give the Lazy Lizard a try at No 2 Sixth Ave. Great Mexican Breakfast and COLD COLD Beer!

I've heard of this before though I couldn't recall the name of the restaurant. Good, huh? Must give this one a try. Mexican brekkie - haven't had that in ages.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:59 am

There another one called Iguana Cafe at Clarke Quay. Margaritas there are amazing!!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:01 am

nientsu wrote:
There another one called Iguana Cafe at Clarke Quay. Margaritas there are amazing!!

I'm there every now and then. Office is nearby. I think Iguanas is overhyped. It started out well, but of late... it's become a little boring. Maybe it's just me.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:11 am

Technospaz wrote:
nientsu wrote:

I'm there every now and then. Office is nearby. I think Iguanas is overhyped. It started out well, but of late... it's become a little boring. Maybe it's just me.

Really? I havent been there for like 2 years. Used to work across the street. Used to go there for a weekday chillout.

Talking about Chill-out places, anybody fans of Wala Wala in Holland Village? I have been frequenting that place for about 5 years now. I like this place for its cosy atmosphere, 1-for-1 offers on selected pours, great great pizzas and calamaris and good live music on the second floor. To me, what attrats me there is that you just have to be yourself, you can go there in berms and slippers and still have a hellava time. If you like hard rock, go there on Thursdays and Saturdays cos the band UnXpected plays loads of old school rock, from Black Sabbath to Led Zep to U2 to GnR to Metallica etc. EIC plays on Weds and fris i think. And with EIC, you will get loads of girl followings. Mostly fresh out of Uni, or still in uni. Laughing Laughing

The places I dont like (but have to freq for business purposes) is Balaclava. I find that its too utterly atas and pretentious. Its all posers in there. In a way, women go there bc they know there are loads of bankers there. Men go there cos they cos they are loads of women looking for banker Bfs there. Also, they don serve you if you are in berms. CRAP!
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:42 am

nientsu wrote:

Really? I havent been there for like 2 years. Used to work across the street. Used to go there for a weekday chillout.

Talking about Chill-out places, anybody fans of Wala Wala in Holland Village? I have been frequenting that place for about 5 years now. I like this place for its cosy atmosphere, 1-for-1 offers on selected pours, great great pizzas and calamaris and good live music on the second floor. To me, what attrats me there is that you just have to be yourself, you can go there in berms and slippers and still have a hellava time. If you like hard rock, go there on Thursdays and Saturdays cos the band UnXpected plays loads of old school rock, from Black Sabbath to Led Zep to U2 to GnR to Metallica etc. EIC plays on Weds and fris i think. And with EIC, you will get loads of girl followings. Mostly fresh out of Uni, or still in uni. Laughing Laughing

The places I dont like (but have to freq for business purposes) is Balaclava. I find that its too utterly atas and pretentious. Its all posers in there. In a way, women go there bc they know there are loads of bankers there. Men go there cos they cos they are loads of women looking for banker Bfs there. Also, they don serve you if you are in berms. CRAP!

I haven't been to Wala wala in a long time..

My chill-out haunts usually at Kopi Tiams.

Drink of choice: Tiger-peng. No live music, but sometimes got live shouting and other type of live show..Some the kopi-tiams got evergreen hokkien songs being played. Sad and meaningful lyrics about the common man and unrequited love... hear oredi, sure "lau bark sai".. tear-drop..

Cosy atmosphere, no need to dress up; can scratch my balls and no one would care.
The places I don't like (but have to freq for business purposes) is Geylang Kopi-tiam, got loads of women; but usually all posers.. in a way the women go there bc they know there are loads of those with spending power (just withdraw CPF lah); Men go there cos..... cos DOM/cheeko pek lah..

So these days usually go those where got more Beer Aunties... Dun laff hor.. nowsadays standard very high hor... got competition... Usually tiger auntie (ok lah... promoter) slightly more matured, but the San Miguel ones younger leh; Carlsberg charbo oso quite good..
If you ask me.. is good lor... drink oredi, collect the bottle cap can exchange for lighter summore....

heheheh

Beer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food thread   Food thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Food thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next