Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?

Go down 
+16
Ken_
nientsu
Roystonnn
lennylim
Dstruc
Uncle Lau
S70B
grooveballer
ultraman
mowen
solarpop
rocky
andrewlee
shotah
Duval_S
Technospaz
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which club(s) get the least amount of love?
Driver
What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_vote_lcap9%What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
3W
What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_vote_lcap36%What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 8 ]
5W
What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_vote_lcap9%What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
4i
What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_vote_lcap14%What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
8i
What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_vote_lcap5%What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
9i
What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_vote_lcap0%What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
PW (~45˚)
What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_vote_lcap5%What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
AW (~50˚)
 5% [ 1 ]
SW (~55˚)
What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_vote_lcap0%What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
LW (~60˚)
What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_vote_lcap17%What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? Empty
PostSubject: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:59 pm

Just wondered if any of you out there are carrying clubs in your bags which you don't or rarely use. For me, the 2 clubs which I hardly ever use are the 3W (and possibly the 4i) and PW.

For my 3W (and 4i), I tend to just use my hybrid and play it short and safe. I used to play with my TM Burner Rescue 25˚ hybrid but just started using my Cleveland Launcher 20.5˚ which feels pretty good (though needs more practice).

For my PW, this is meant for shots about 90-100m but I'd rather take my 9i and choke it a little.

Anyone in the same boat? I'd be keen to know what clubs you've got in your bag which sees little of the course.

Last edited by Technospaz on Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:12 pm

my 4+ wood......steelhead cant-nah-way. only time use will be perfect lie...ball sit 'pretty pretty' above the grass and flat lie....

another possible is when lose like siao liao...bo pian, must chiong.

If I remember correctly, got it for ard 1 year....used it for less than 12times ..but then again, i play around 12-16 games for last 12 months.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:31 pm

mine is the 56 deg
Back to top Go down
andrewlee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
andrewlee

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:37 pm

my 3 wood ...... for super long par 3 (>180M) and narrow fairway tee off (Par4)...... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:41 pm

8 iron.

Somehow I never get into a position for the distance. Twice happened already. Come home and find that 8 iron still clean.

My 60 degrees will fall into this category when I play badly. Hmmm... come to think of it... whenever I play well, the 60 degrees is in play. Now, what's the link? .......
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:45 pm

I use my 8i quite a lot. It's a good club for me.

My fave club right now is my 60˚. It takes a lot of practice but when hit nicely, it really cuts back on putting Smile
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:02 pm

Definitely my 4i - which is my longest iron. Not because i'm not confident with it, but i never seem to be in the range where it needs to come out.. next least used club will be 3W. At most maybe 3 times per 18 holes..
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:13 pm

my is 50 degree .

i either go with my pw or my 54 don't know why ...
Back to top Go down
ultraman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ultraman

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:14 pm

There always seems to be some clubs that you find yourself not using for a long time but the moment you pulled it out for the the next game, you'll find yourself missing a club for that distance Rolling Eyes

I almost wish that I never have to wield my putter Embarassed
Back to top Go down
grooveballer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
grooveballer

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:15 pm

i rarely use my 3w. maybe only if i play from the blue tees and face a 180m par 3.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:18 pm

Every club in my bag gets some loving time on the turf. Wink
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:01 pm

My 14 clubs are Driver, 3 wood, utlity 20', 4 to 9, PW, AW and 58 wedge. Very Happy

When i 1st started out used more on 3 and 5 woods, than moved more to utlity woods. A
Nowadays used more of 4 and 5 irons for 2nd shot, no distance but very safe for 3nd shot.

Now my 3 woods i carry but rarely used.

Is this normal ???

scratch
Back to top Go down
Dstruc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dstruc

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:05 pm

For me... I hardly us 3W and 9i.

How i wish one day I hardly use putter. LOLz
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:08 pm

Dstruc wrote:
For me... I hardly us 3W and 9i.

How i wish one day I hardly use putter. LOLz

How true ! Last game at NSRCC, i throw my putter into the pond and took out my Billiard Stick to putt !

White Flag
Back to top Go down
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:27 pm

for me, its the 3W that i use least - a total of 12 strokes from my last 20 games.
cos i don't hit it off the f/way, and use it only for tee off on long par 3s... you could say i could take the club out and prob not miss it much

2nd least used club is my gap wedge (50*)... about 1.1 time per 18 hole, but its handy to have a distance btw PW and SW, and sometimes prefer to land short, so use GW instead of PW....
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:24 am

My bag has driver, 3w, 5w, 5H, 3i-P, 56deg, 52deg, putter.

Lots of people don't use 3 wood.
But I used alot. Cos I cun make it with driver.

So least used club is driver, 5H & 3i (kept at home, distance not much further than 4i)
Now attempting a switch to use driver and not use 3 wood. (safer, at least driver has a bigger head reducing mishit).

5H wanted to change to 3H/21deg. (anyone selling me?)
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:29 am

Added a poll too, folks. Thanks for the great responses. I don't feel so awkward now Smile
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:30 am

My most used club is my putter. Every game definately more than 45 stokes!! KNN!!!!

My second most used club is my 60 and 56 wedge. I use this a lot on the range. Also, its my defacto wedges to use when I am 60m approaching the green, in hte bunker, on the fringe, scambling out of trouble areas....ETC Heck! I even once teed off with my 56 wedge so that I cud lay my ball up just before a large pond. You get my drift lah..... its my AMEX....I simply don leave home without it.

My least used club is my driver. Cos I cant freaking drive to save my life. But I have nade it my 2009 resolution to work on this. Realised that even if you average about 200m on the drive, it help reduce score and minimise problems. DUH!!! I know.....sound so obvious when I read thru this.
Back to top Go down
Ken_
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ken_

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:37 am

For me, it's the 3 wood. Most of the time, if I'm on the fairway on a Par 5 for my 2nd shot, I'll pull out my 5 wood instead, as I find the 5 wood more forgiving.

I used to tee off with my 3 woods when I started playing on the green, but not anymore. Not that I hit my driver well, but the 460cc driver is huge compared to the 3 wood head, so when I tee up with my 3 wood, I'm afraid of missing the ball! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:04 pm

My least use has got to be the 60 deg. It used to be 1 of my fav clubs, but now i only use it to lob over dangers before the greens, so sometimes end up not using at all for a single round.

I stop using it b'cos i got better with chipping & pitching with 56 deg or PW, even those 30 to 40 m shots. For me, the chance of a bad shot with the 60 deg is higher than the other wedges.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:44 pm

who8168 wrote:
I stop using it b'cos i got better with chipping & pitching with 56 deg or PW, even those 30 to 40 m shots. For me, the chance of a bad shot with the 60 deg is higher than the other wedges.

I would agree with you bro but I've found that if you hit a good 60˚ shot, that beats the other wedges. But, that's just me. I like my 60˚ and may even explore the 62˚ or 64˚
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:05 pm

very envy those who can hit every club in their bag...... Embarassed

i can't... pale
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:05 pm

jaketang wrote:
very envy those who can hit every club in their bag...... Embarassed

i can't... pale

Don't worry - we're in the same boat and I suspect that many people still are Smile
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:10 pm

Sometimes u just do not get into the situation to use it.... if u chip in all the hole, ur putter will not even see light for tat day... Razz but i know its impossible...
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:11 pm

I rarely use my 5W (or 3W in my other bag overseas)...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?   What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What club(s) do you carry but rarely or never use?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next