Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What putter what putter what putter..

Go down 
+5
Khorkar
S70B
ethee
Lamts18
ironfist
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

What putter what putter what putter.. Empty
PostSubject: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:24 am

Hello there! Planning to get a new putter lah. Just can't make up my mind what to get. Hahaha it's so frustrating! Everytime i think i've decided on one i try out another and it makes me second guess myself. Stretcher

Well i prefer heavier headweights (350g+) and insert or no insert i'm okay. HUGE preference for plumber's neck though. Don't know why everything else seems to look odd to me.
I'm currently considering the SC Studio Select Newport 2 or the Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (if i don't feel like splurging) or any other suggestions! Very Happy

Oh oh btw; what is the headweight for a stock 33" for a SC Studio Select Newport 2? And do they sell the 33" version here? I only ever see 34".

Thanks for all your advice guys! Appreciate it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:28 am

The stock headweight for SC studio Select Newport is 360 gm and they should come in 33, 34 and 35". I had mine changed to 350gm.. (mine's a 33")

Go try a few putters and see which one you like.. i bought the Ody White Hot Tour #1 and cold storage it after 2 games... now playing Rife putters ... cheers.
Back to top Go down
ethee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ethee

PostSubject: Re: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:37 am

ironfist wrote:
Hello there! Planning to get a new putter lah. Just can't make up my mind what to get. Hahaha it's so frustrating! Everytime i think i've decided on one i try out another and it makes me second guess myself. Stretcher

Well i prefer heavier headweights (350g+) and insert or no insert i'm okay. HUGE preference for plumber's neck though. Don't know why everything else seems to look odd to me.
I'm currently considering the SC Studio Select Newport 2 or the Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (if i don't feel like splurging) or any other suggestions! Very Happy

Oh oh btw; what is the headweight for a stock 33" for a SC Studio Select Newport 2? And do they sell the 33" version here? I only ever see 34".

Thanks for all your advice guys! Appreciate it. Smile

Ironfist, have you checked out the putter fitting service at the den yet ? I always liked plumber's neck until DGMan saw my putting stroke. Now i am more confident with my centre-shaft putter Laughing

Cheers,
ethee
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 11:34 am

Can't go wrong with a 009. If you can't putt with it, the bugger will still have alot of value. Laughing Scotty Cameron
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 11:48 am

Yo ironfist, before you commit on anything be it SC or anything else. You must, I say must, try DGman's Zen prototypes. Please do that, you will get a surprise kick out of it.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 8:25 pm

wah everyone promoter for bfg sia.. hahaha i've been to eric's before and i've been dying to try out all the equipment there. too bad i couldn't stay for long if not sure kena poison already. Twisted Evil

and seems like mr lam really loves trying out new equipment! haha he should become GR's resident reviewer lah! Very Happy

oh ethee did you have to bring your own putter to the fitting? i'm guilty of never getting myself fit before. haha (nice avatar btw. how many did you get stacked? hahaha)

and thanks for all your advice guys! Smile
Back to top Go down
ethee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ethee

PostSubject: Re: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:16 pm

ironfist wrote:
wah everyone promoter for bfg sia.. hahaha i've been to eric's before and i've been dying to try out all the equipment there. too bad i couldn't stay for long if not sure kena poison already. Twisted Evil

and seems like mr lam really loves trying out new equipment! haha he should become GR's resident reviewer lah! Very Happy

oh ethee did you have to bring your own putter to the fitting? i'm guilty of never getting myself fit before. haha (nice avatar btw. how many did you get stacked? hahaha)

and thanks for all your advice guys! Smile

Bring your putter along if you have one. DGMan can then advise if it suits your putting style. Can also check the putter lie and length. It pays to give some attention to our putter.

The kid in the avatar is my 11-yr old. Basketball He has yet to concur #3 on tat stack. Smile

Cheers,
ethee
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 11:23 pm

hahaha that's a good photo! very sweet. hEeHeEx! flower

and i'll definitely come by bfg really soon! maybe he can help advise what putter to go for in the first place. i'm seriously clueless! haha
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 am

want to join me using a 38 inch putter : ) hahahhahha
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:26 pm

wah 38"?! hahaha no lah cannot one lah i'm rather short so i'm about a 32.5" Razz
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
The stock headweight for SC studio Select Newport is 360 gm and they should come in 33, 34 and 35". I had mine changed to 350gm.. (mine's a 33")

Go try a few putters and see which one you like.. i bought the Ody White Hot Tour #1 and cold storage it after 2 games... now playing Rife putters ... cheers.

so does this mean a 33" 34" and 35" SC's all have a headweight of 360? oh and is it advisable to cut the shaft down? thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:24 pm

for the new SS, the weight for NP, NP2, NP1.5, NP2 MS and NP 2.6 are as follows:

1. 33 inch - 20g weight port - 360g head weight
2. 34 inch - 15 g WP - 350g head weight
3. 35 inch - 10g WP, 340g head weight.

they make it this way to ensure that the swing weight stays the same despite the difference in length. if you cut the putter you will lose some of the swing weight. there is nothing wrong in a lower or higher swing weight as its all personal.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:39 pm

thanks for the info DGman! Smile i love the feel of a heavier swing weight so i'll keep for a lookout for a 33" then!

and i now work part time at henderson rd btw. that's super near bfg. i'll pop by one of these days. haha
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:47 pm

Ironfist,

This is the best putter ever!

What putter what putter what putter.. Bullseye

DGMan will be laughing his head off!
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:52 pm

is that the old titty bullseye? wah looks somewhat obscene.. hahaha
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:06 pm

Obscene? Ok...

DGMan has one in the den. I asked him for it and he didn't want to sell it to me. (At least he quoted me an obscene figure for it!)

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:08 pm

obscene in a good way! haha like ppl saying you're sick when you're not actually ill or wicked when you did something awesome. erm yeah.. haha
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

PostSubject: Re: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 3:02 pm

BTW, anyone using the TM rossa daytona by kia ma. How does it compare to the SC studio select series?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What putter what putter what putter..   What putter what putter what putter.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What putter what putter what putter..
Page 1 of 1