Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Putter is the best ?

Go down 
+6
eiji
JawereZ
weesern
S70B
siaw8
Cyp_PGA
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

Which Putter  is the best ? Empty
PostSubject: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:35 pm

Ok guy i was thinking of changing my putter then i want to know which is best between rife puter , zen putter and oddessey ?

thanks for advice
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:16 pm

Nakashima...
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:23 pm

CYP

At your level, I think you should know that what is the best putter for you will be the one which you will feel the most confident of holing a 6 or 8 footer to win or make the cut/ qualify for the final day of an amateur tournament.

All putters in the market will be marketed with their own trademark or patented technology but the most impt aspect is what looks right to you when you set up to the putt and what gets the ball rolling on the right line at the right speed for you. It may be a hand-made Byron Morgan or a rusty o' Wilson 8802.

So, to answer your question, its what kinda look of a putter you are comfortable with and what kind of feel, sound and roll you are trying to achieve with your putts.

To determine that, ask yourself these questions:

- Are you a Straight-back-straight-thru or an arc putter?

- Do you like inserts on your putter face? It will make a difference whether you like a click or a dull thud at impact.

- What kind of a style of putter looks good to you? Mallet? Blade? Heel-Toe weighted?

- Type of Neck you like? Plumber's Neck? Centre-shafted? Double bend?

When you know the answers to these basic questions, it will help you narrow down your choice. It will also help you focus on what kind of putters you will be looking out for instead of goin centre shafted itsy bitsy one day and then an Odyssey Tour #9 the next. That way, you will forever be looking for that 'magic stick'.

Another way to help your putting is to try and get on the SAM machine when you are in Australia. It will help your putting stroke more than it helps you find that magic putter.

Now, if I misunderstood you and you are just asking which one of the 3 brands are the best, then the only way to find out is to go test it out yourself. Each one has its own face technology which are vastly different in feel and roll.

Odysseys are pretty common place so you can always go to Golf House or Pan West to try it out. I like their brand new Black Series Tour line alot so you should go have a look when its launched in Sg (I'm not sure if its avail yet). I believe Mark Higgs carries Rife. It wun hurt to drop by BFG to test out the Zen too.

Hope I was thorough enuff for you.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:41 pm

S70B, u tried the Black series tour?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Oh yeah. Its real sweet!

#4 rolls the best for me. I like the fact it has no insert and the fact that its slightly heavier at 340g. The shape also reminds me of the Ping B60 I used to play when I was younger.

Its going for USD$269 here tho. Abit pricey but still cheaper than the new Scotty California line.

http://www.odysseygolf.com/Global/en-US/Products/Putters/BlackSeriesTourDesigns.html
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:58 pm

Cantik siak Black Series...... suweet !
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:10 pm

They have a 2-ball blade version too at the PGA Merchandise Show but it isn't on their website yet.

You can google it for pics.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:15 pm

its out at pan west stores already, but price is SGD 500+ at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:18 pm

At that price, you are better off looking elsewhere or a different putter.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:20 pm

just wait for sales...
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:21 pm

eiji wrote:
its out at pan west stores already, but price is SGD 500+ at the moment.

hey eiji , which pan west did u go because i just see black serie but not the tour version
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:01 pm

siaw8 wrote:
Nakashima...

Probably the best reply

lol!
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:24 pm

they dont produce nakashima putter so sad Sad ....... maybe go for rife or oddysses black tour serie ... depend the budget i got
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:28 pm

Actually, PW has some seriously looking tour series oddsey blade putters selling for abt 150 only. Why dont u check them out... at Suntec.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:37 pm

Or this....

http://www.myostrichgolf.com/clubmakers/product_info.php?cPath=134_102_126&products_id=1551

Which Putter  is the best ? Mp0022b
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:45 pm

Without a shadow of a doubt!

This is the best....
Which Putter  is the best ? Images?q=tbn:sHbB0WukOBwjHM
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:52 pm

the best putter is the one that gets you the most birdies.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
WaLau
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
WaLau

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:01 pm

DGman wrote:

DGman

strongly agree cheers
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:40 pm

Agreed! So my answer is still the same. Smile

Which Putter  is the best ? Bullseye

DGman wrote:

DGman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Putter is the best ?   Which Putter  is the best ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Putter is the best ?
Page 1 of 1