Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Driving range observations you might have missed

Go down 
+6
RogY
Lamts18
Khorkar
Roystonnn
Ssquirrel
G_Man
10 posters
AuthorMessage
G_Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
G_Man

Driving range observations you might have missed Empty
PostSubject: Driving range observations you might have missed   Driving range observations you might have missed I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:52 pm

Here are a few things I have notice at driving ranges that you might have not. I find them rather novel and surprisingly shocking at the same time...

1. Bishan Driving Range
The Uncle that collects the baskets has a real mean long straight drive... Yes, the man with the pole with a hook at the end...

As you are hitting balls, there is sometimes a Burmese gent that may be walking around the range using a pole to flick balls while holding and umbrella. The umbrella is to prevent getting hit, and he is flicking the balls because there are certain areas their machine cant collect the ball properly from... He is deadly accurate with the pole and the loop at the end of it... Hates Golf

Old Man in his 70s... Usually using a bay near the toilets. Only has 1 club with him. A 4 iron... He chips, drives and attacks with only that 4 iron... And he is DAMN accurate.

2. Eng Neo (Green Fairways)
Elderly Malay gent that works there... Usually seen on the top floor, collecting baskets. Lend him your driver, ask him to hit a ball... Regardless of flex... after the first shot, all shot after are straight and he has a beautiful swing. Handicap:1
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Driving range observations you might have missed   Driving range observations you might have missed I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:16 pm

1. Bishan Driving Range.
If you see a botak with a bad swing shanking balls... that's me! hahhaa

nb.. most of the range balls there botak like me! Swing
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driving range observations you might have missed   Driving range observations you might have missed I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:31 pm

Wow... so many hidden tigers.. Very Happy

I seen that guy who collect balls by flipping it with a long bamboo.
As for the old man who collect basket with the pole.. not too sure..
Probably that old man don't collect from basement. Very Happy

Probably I can meet squirrel there.
If you see short, fat & dark guy, that's me. Razz
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Driving range observations you might have missed   Driving range observations you might have missed I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:49 pm

Go to Keppel golf (chilli golf), a young girl name JL, Singapore top 10 ladies golfer... I think her name is JL. Very familiar, where did I see her before...
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Driving range observations you might have missed   Driving range observations you might have missed I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:51 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
1. Bishan Driving Range.
If you see a botak with a bad swing shanking balls... that's me! hahhaa

nb.. most of the range balls there botak like me! Swing

true, true... last time i met SS at Bishan he was indeed shanking e balls but the ball went straight to his intended target.. where he aims, the balls go..... don't play play... Laughing
Back to top Go down
RogY
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
RogY

PostSubject: Re: Driving range observations you might have missed   Driving range observations you might have missed I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 12:07 am

Bishan Range,

There used to be a resident coach (for free) there. He will observe your swing & offer his advise. He is now at OCC BFG.... 8)
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Driving range observations you might have missed   Driving range observations you might have missed I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 12:37 am

G_Man wrote:
Old Man in his 70s... Usually using a bay near the toilets. Only has 1 club with him. A 4 iron... He chips, drives and attacks with only that 4 iron... And he is DAMN accurate.

There is a regular old guy with white hair (don't know if it's the same one as above), usually at those bays outside Golf Zone, sometimes in slippers, sometimes in sneakers, carry max 3 clubs each time, very accurate too. Heard fr my coach he plays around -1 to -3.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Driving range observations you might have missed   Driving range observations you might have missed I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:37 pm

hahahaha this is a funny thread!

once at bishan range i saw someone sprint out of the bays on the ground floor holding an umbrella cos he accidentally flung his golf club 50m right smack in the middle of the grass. everyone was making noise and laughing and it kinda made my night. haha i'm the short guy usually in a blue CJC tshirt on the ground floor mats way on the right. Smile
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driving range observations you might have missed   Driving range observations you might have missed I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:44 pm

Yes ! There is a certain man by the name of Lau....something...everytime he walks toward his friends on the range, his friends will quickly pack up and rush to their cars ! Actually quite comical .... pale

scratch
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Driving range observations you might have missed   Driving range observations you might have missed I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:50 pm

seems like Bishan range have alot of interesting stories
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Driving range observations you might have missed   Driving range observations you might have missed I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:00 am

my friend killed a bat with his ball at the MBGC range on night when the lights were already going off. it just plummeted straight down and didn't move after.

it's sonar must've been on the fritz. haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driving range observations you might have missed   Driving range observations you might have missed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driving range observations you might have missed
Page 1 of 1