Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!

Go down 
+7
joleelyn
daveaha
S70B
slinger
darenlim
tronos
and68low
11 posters
AuthorMessage
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! Empty
PostSubject: Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!   Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 2:25 pm

I am sure we as golfers have seen many times,

1. of our golfing kahkis posting of imaginary scores that do not reflect their actual scores

2. do not repair divots on fairways and pitch mark on the green.

3. do not rake the bunkers after his shot

These are few i have mention, as a concerned and an avid golfer and since GR is a golfing forum of many golfers who golf extensively around the world.

So let us cultivate proper etiquette by using peer pressure to coerce the errant golfers, for the betterment and enjoyment of golf in Singapore !

Please ! do not post names of golfers, as an act of peer pressure! we do not need to have a war here... ha ha.... I am sure they will know who they are....

just share your experience, and we will all learn from it!!!

Lastly, i hope the mod here will bestow their support on this cause! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!   Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 2:37 pm

taking 5 mins to read a putting line......for each of his 3 putts fopr every green!!!...its ok if its not for every person on that flight doing the same thing (the if-u-do-it-i-also-want-to-do-it-mentality).

If its for a birdie putt or par putt, i would understand, but for many times we know its not the case
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!   Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 2:54 pm

I like this thread and I definitely am for good golfing etiquette wherever you are in the world.
The kinda thing that irritates me on the golf course is when I see spike marks all over the green and when it is especially in my line. Please walk properly and not drag your feet on the greens, even if you do please have the courtesy to repair it. (done with venting haha)

Nonetheless, fixing ball marks and repairing ball marks are very impt as you want the flight behind you to enjoy the course.

If you want to play the game, you have to respect the game rules and etiquette.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!   Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:06 pm

and68low wrote:
I am sure we as golfers have seen many times,

1. of our golfing kahkis posting of imaginary scores that do not reflect their actual scores
!

why u pi-chiak my lobang.......

no wonder my golf kakis dun believe my HC anymore.... pale
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!   Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:11 pm

slinger wrote:

why u pi-chiak my lobang.......

no wonder my golf kakis dun believe my HC anymore.... pale

I never believed anything you said about your game anyway. lol!
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!   Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:24 pm

I dont need to pi chiak lobang......all the famous "A" division players ...... whole world knows la!!!! Oooooops slanderous!! he he he.. peers pressure does wonders!!!
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!   Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:30 pm

win oreadi lor....
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!   Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:22 pm

Just to add on.

- Shout FOREEE or BALLL when your shot goes way ward.
- Keep silent someone is putting or taking a shot (unless there's some emergency).

Since golf is a gentleman game, please be a gentle(wo)man on the green.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!   Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Anyhow park the buggies!!.... erm, there are proper spaces to park you know.. haha.

Ya.. and the most dreadful think for me is to hear a thud (without any FORREEE). So many near misses already. And better still dont even apologize. .. Have to tell them. "Eh.. can you please shout next time. That was really dangerous.." Still can glare at me..

OR people talking /whispering .. urm.. couple seconds more only. it wouldnt kill you la. hahaa...

Used to get pretty irritated when I first started playing. But somehow along the way... I kinda learnt to live with it. =)

p.s: but i do always pray i dun get hit by a ball.. *fearful.. at least shout so i have a fair chance to hide somewhere.

p.p.s: having an umbrella is always good for protecting yourself against stray balls. Only thing is that its damn troublesome.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!   Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:48 pm

club throwing? lolz
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!   Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:50 pm

jaketang wrote:
club throwing? lolz

I still do this once in awhile, not because I am angry but it feels good letting it go! Twisted Evil lol!
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

PostSubject: Re: Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!   Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:19 pm

Is here etiquette or guidelines on where should someone tee off from (black, blue, white, etc)?

Should it be based on their handicap or driving distance?
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!   Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:27 pm

taskie wrote:
Is here etiquette or guidelines on where should someone tee off from (black, blue, white, etc)?

In Singapore, based on handicap. Other countries based on ego. Just be aware of your own capability. Other countries - I'm referring to Indonesia. Seasoned players, super duper new beginners also tee off from blue (because everyone is). I could never understand that.

I'm a 24 hcpers, so I always go from white. Imagine if you're 24 handicappers and tee off from black... Making life much more difficult for yourself right ? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!   Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:32 pm

taskie wrote:

I know that Marina Bay, in order to play blue, you must have a HC of 18 and below. But I always saw even beginners prefer to play from Blue because they taught they are macho and good enough without consideration that they are slowing play for all those behind them.. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

titu
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!   Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:35 pm

how come nobody mentioned club throwing....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!   Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:45 pm

DGman wrote:
how come nobody mentioned club throwing....

Hey boss, Jake Tang above already mentioned it leh... Is there different style of throwing that I have never heard off ...?? scratch scratch

titu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!   Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Up the Standard of Golfing etiquette - lets have peer pressure to achieve it!
Page 1 of 1