Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf

Go down 
+6
clarencekim
joshcct
golfchowmk
daveaha
asahi
Duval_S
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf Empty
PostSubject: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 9:06 pm

Been playing for close to 2 handful of years...( sigh...still status = seasoned beginner)....and came across some reasons used when one played and obtained good score

Top on the list:

#1 No..lah.....Lucky only

#2 Aiyah...becos last game I played like shit..so no more bad shots left...now only good shots.....but chiak lak liao...next game sure die ugly ugly

#3 Well...becos I don't do range mah...so saved all good shots and used during game....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:17 pm

#4 becoz of gorgeous company (read:golf babes)
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:18 pm

#5 Your aura... lift up my game !
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:22 pm

#6 wah heng ah durian drop..
Back to top Go down
joshcct
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:21 pm

#7 kio tio gu XXX
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:36 am

When I won a stableford format OAAG pro-am at Keppel a few years ago, I was hung over from drinking too much beer the night before at a few Duxton Hill pubs.

I must have slept only 4 hours also.

I guess thinking too much and getting stressed out is detrimental to a good round sometimes.

There were no swing thoughts in my head that I can remember at that time--just an attitute of 'lets get this game over with as quickly and painlessly as possible'.

I certainly did not think I would win anything--even any lucky draw prizes.

Dunno.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:52 pm

I played my best round without warming up at the range. Just walked up, and teed up, and was super relaxed. I hate playing with people who pester me to spend more time reading the putt, etc etc.
Back to top Go down
joshcct
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:09 pm

ghoonk wrote:
I played my best round without warming up at the range. Just walked up, and teed up, and was super relaxed.

Hope u did some warming up or stretching. The last time I did without warm up or stretching, end up whole body ache for three days...lao liao... affraid
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:12 pm

I also lao, but since I dont bother to hammer the ball when i'm just barely awake, i don't get injured so easily yet Smile
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:27 pm

@clarencekim, agreed with you. I was tired out once after heavy beer session, slept 2 hrs then golf. Came back with 82, my best score yet. No swing thots best.
Back to top Go down
joshcct
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:36 pm

hmm...if that's the case, bros that had registered for Kranji Charity Golf, want to go for beer session the nigth before and go straight for the game after that? What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:38 pm

No betting involved is the key to a good game, especially during tournament - IMHO only.

Full focus and concentration just on the game.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:41 pm

For me.....its all about minimizing expectation......

if ball can move = happy

if ball can go reach and go in hole regardless of how many strokes = happy like siao

if can do it within double par per hole = happy like bird

more importantly .... if got chance to play golf = happy like siao bird

come come.....hope to see you all at June monthly game....
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:50 pm

guys, i believe some of them out there suffered from inconsistent games... one week i can be playing like a beginner and then the next, winning from the same guys that thrashed me last week (becos of the strokes given).. any suggestions to resolve this? Razz
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:24 am

Ashai: I was tired out once after heavy beer session, slept 2 hrs then golf. Came back with 82, my best score yet. No swing thots best.

It works only sometimes as there are too many other variables involved. Usually, if I drink too much the night before (or during) a game, my scores get worse after the 12th hole because of fatigue or alcohol intoxication! The only good thing about the latter situation is I am too sloshed to care!

Razz

Itsuki: one week i can be playing like a beginner and then the next, winning

That's golf.

It's like an enticing mistress who offers untold pleasure (low scores), but only delivers on her promises occassionally (unless you are a successful tour pro then you may get satisfaction on a more regular basis).

Other times, she will break your heart when you least expect with double pars or worse and gross scores 100+ for most avid amatuer golfers.

That's the lure and vexation of this 'sport'!

CK
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:32 am

yes, i agree with you totally... it is a LOVE-HATE relationship.... my poor kakis have more than their fair share of my grumbles... one week i feel like top of the world.. next week, i'm preparing to sell off my clubs and membership!! Haa......
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:57 am

Itsuki,

Some days after an expecially bad day of golf (100+) for me, I am certain postage stamp collecting will be my only avid hobby henceforth.

However, I postponed changing over to stamp collecting after I shot 2+ (including two birdies) at Executive Golf Course last Saturday even when I was the ONLY (fool) golfer still playing during the thunderstorm downpour.

But buying those postage stamp display books are never too far from my mind.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:00 pm

#8 Today putter ki siao hong ... simi lan ch**o pun lip
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:11 pm

i used to play other ball games.. but none even come close to the amount of excitement, frustration and stress that I get from golf... it is not that we are in S&M.. but each time we get whacked, the only thing we want to do is to go back and prove ourselves... sad thing is, the harder we try, the worse we get... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Golf IS a form of sado-masochistic addiction.

But it's still a healthy physical activity rather than just sit and watch TV/movies or play video games all day!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf   Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Popular reason/s used to explain when one played good golf
Page 1 of 1