Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lost golf rain coat - MBCC

Go down 
+10
nientsu
Suszzi MTKC
Technospaz
clarencekim
Tituman
Birdman
chemicalpro
daveaha
St. MIG
Ant
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

Lost golf rain coat - MBCC Empty
PostSubject: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:06 pm

Played at MBCC this afternoon. Rain like crazy.... Stop game early and took bath. decide to let raincoat dry on top of my locker (not in locker) before I stuff it into my bag. Left the locker area less than 2 minutes & when I came back - the raincoat was gone..!!! What dishonest golfer we have here in Singapore!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Wonder if he guy also collect soiled underwear not kept? Wat a creep & a desperado..!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
St. MIG
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
St. MIG

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:01 pm

What a dishonest golfer there. Next time don't leave things lying around lah!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.miguellim.weebly.com
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:15 pm

MBGC has been having this issue for quite sometimes.

Golf bag also went missing at the golf bag drop area. Just be careful ok !
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:21 pm

St. MIG wrote:
What a dishonest golfer there. Next time don't leave things lying around lah!!! Sad

Only 2 mns.. I was away.... I tot not one will take it...I think the guy packing his bag next to my locker took it... But I just dun want to confront him & make a scene ... cos when I was searchng.. he look uncomfortable...... Evil or Very Mad

Well .. conclusion - golf is not necessary a gentlemen game...
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Used to be a game for the rich

But nows a day there are many poor players Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:35 pm

chemicalpro wrote:

Yeah.. "poor" in behaviors - like stealing......... that is the worst.... I am sure we all encounter that when we hit a long shot but ball stray into the adjacent fairway.. when we went over to look for the stray ball, it mysterious gone missing ...!!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 1:32 am

I've lost a Ralph Lauren belt before at NSRCC too. Unique brass buckle shaped like a horse stirrup, it was all sweaty from the hot day though. Left it on the bench by mistake cos there were too many bags on the bench so couldn't see it. Still got people steal. Like you, I suspect it was the guy who was next to me.

Never take it for granted. At Changi, they provide plastic bags for you to take your valuables with you into the shower. Even at one of the top prestigious clubs here, I had my locker broken into with a screwdriver, and my watch, handphone, and wallet was stolen with 2 attendants and a cleaner having seen the culprit. He was asked why he was there by the attendants and he calmly answered that he was sending his dad to play golf there, brazen. The best part, the top club didn't have a security camera anywhere in the changing room or even at the entrance and exit. Because of my incident, they now do. Must've been extremely embarrassing for them.

Never tell anyone the time in the changing room. Seems stupid, but that's the beauty of it all (most clubs do have a clock in the changing room, I checked after this incident). This guy walked up and down the changing room. First I thought he was gay, then he smiled and nodded at me so I thought perhaps he was staff. As I was about to go for my shower, he asked me for the time. Uncomfortable already since I was only in a towel and he was fully clothed, I proceeded to do so even though I felt something was not right. Topmost on my mind was thinking again he was gay, since when do strangers talk to each other in the changing room? What telling him the time allowed, was for him to see my locker number, and when I opened my locker, he could see inside. When I reached for my watch, he knew where my valuables were in the locker. When I told him the time, he could see what kind of watch I had. When I went to the shower, he knew he had at least 10 minutes to pry the locker with the screwdriver.

Simple yet ingenious.. Mission accomplished.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 3:33 am

That's why I don't trust lockers! I always put my valuables into the new pair of pants/berms into my shower along with me and hang the towel over it so as not to get it wet during.

Imagine the lehchey-ness if you lose your passport this way overseas! Mad
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:21 am

chemicalpro wrote:
That's why I don't trust lockers! I always put my valuables into the new pair of pants/berms into my shower along with me and hang the towel over it so as not to get it wet during.

Imagine the lehchey-ness if you lose your passport this way overseas! Mad

I never put my Passport in the locker. I always carry it with me and rather put it in the golf bag. If at most, the whole golf bag is lost, which is not possible as you are with it all the time. Once finished the game, I will transfer wallet, PP, car key back to my pocket.

titu
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:57 am

Birdman,

Now U attract poofters!

Still not as bad as JK's colleague CE's experience with the gay guy who dropped his pants while in the Singapore washroom and propositioned to him!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 10:06 am

I believe that what goes around will come around.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 10:12 am

That's a scary thought with a poofter hovering nearby!

affraid
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 10:16 am

Birdman wrote:

affraid

After hearing about your organic range finder, very little scares me.
Back to top Go down
Suszzi MTKC
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Suszzi MTKC

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 10:18 am

its amazing how things can get lost be it in the locker or even along the fairway while in the midst of your game ... 2 weeks back i was golfing and i remembered i used my callaway sandwedge on the 8th hole and when i need it on the 10th hole it was nowhere to be found, there and then i called the marshall to assist and it's amazing that it can't be found cos i literally remembered that i use it to sand the ball out .... haiz .... RIP S or you should be in the good hands of others .... just need to be extra careful ......

so now m in the midst of searching for a similar wedge which i've been using for years and it's my fav club .... scratch
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 10:28 am

Technospaz wrote:
Birdman wrote:

affraid

After hearing about your organic range finder, very little scares me.

It's just like anything else organic... tastes like s**t, but you know it's good for you!

ROFL
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 10:33 am

Susszzi, here's a tip to make sure you never leave your clubs behind. Always lay your clubs directly inbetween your buggy and the hole. That way, when you walk back to your buggy, you are bound to see it.

I just played the other day behind a bunch of Thai guys. They left wedges twice which we picked up and returned. Was wondering why they so forgetful until someone said the Thais are so used to having the caddies pick up after them, it's no wonder they leave a trail of clubs when they are playing on their own.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:37 am

I read somewhere, maybe on Toons. There was this golfer who, in the middle of the game, realised that she had much lesser balls in her bag than what she thought. After the game, she went to the golf shop and to her horror, she saw balls with her marker on sale at the shop.
Back to top Go down
benhogan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:01 pm

I bring my clubs everywhere when I play MBGC, toilet, cafe... (I don't shower there.) Smile
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:47 pm

chemicalpro wrote:

Yo bro pls kindly mind your language...

Don't equate social status with behaviour...

And golf is used to be a gentlemens game rather than a game for the rich...

Thanks... Surprised
Back to top Go down
Suszzi MTKC
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Suszzi MTKC

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 6:31 pm

Birdman wrote:
Susszzi, here's a tip to make sure you never leave your clubs behind. Always lay your clubs directly inbetween your buggy and the hole. That way, when you walk back to your buggy, you are bound to see it.

I just played the other day behind a bunch of Thai guys. They left wedges twice which we picked up and returned. Was wondering why they so forgetful until someone said the Thais are so used to having the caddies pick up after them, it's no wonder they leave a trail of clubs when they are playing on their own.

Thanks birdman for the tips, but that's what exactly i did cos i was in a match play match and after sanding the ball out and finishing the hole, i tot i did pick up my wedge and walked towards the buggy .... haiz .... so my flight mate told me that perhaps your opponent threw it away for u Embarassed but that's just a tot and nevertheless will bear in mind on your kind advice ...

Beer
ps: now i seriously needs to get a wedge cos m using my frenz wedge until .... i find a new replacement. Let me know if there's any good wedges around for me to try Beer
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 10:35 pm

I have had a wedge (Vokey Spin Milled 52*) stolen from my bag at a golf reception waiting area before.

There were no other golf bags in the area when I arrived.

I had just counted & cleaned my clubs and went for a quick lunch about 1 minute's walk away around a corner and down a staircase.

When I returned for my bag, there were about six others near to mine.

I only noticed my missing wedge after I counted the clubs before storing them at home about a half hour later.

This happened in a golf course on the East side of Singapore.

Mad

CK
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 10:57 pm

thanks to all for sharing...It makes us noobie golfers more wary when placing our golf bags, irons & wedges

cheers to all !

appreciate
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:49 am

If I may further add, if you like to hang a nice branded towel, golf club tags from your travels around the world, or any other nice looking accessories. Be assured that they will disappear from your bag one by one. And by the time you notice, you will have no idea who had taken them.

Now I keep the outside of my bag devoid of anything on the outside. All my nice TaylorMade, Titleist, Cobra, Srixon, and Sundog towels probably won't ever see the light of day sadly.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 3:01 am

Suszzi MTKC wrote:

Thanks birdman for the tips, but that's what exactly i did cos i was in a match play match and after sanding the ball out and finishing the hole, i tot i did pick up my wedge and walked towards the buggy .... haiz .... so my flight mate told me that perhaps your opponent threw it away for u Embarassed but that's just a tot and nevertheless will bear in mind on your kind advice ...

Beer
ps: now i seriously needs to get a wedge cos m using my frenz wedge until .... i find a new replacement. Let me know if there's any good wedges around for me to try Beer

The tip works but is not foolproof I know. I've also managed to still leave a wedge behind like you. Fortuantely, I've managed to retrieve them.

Hard to recommend a wedge for you since I'm not sure if you used a graphite shafted sand wedge that came with your set, or you use regular steel shafted men's wedges. If I remember correctly, Pan West does carry Cleveland ladies wedges in the past, not sure if they still do now.

Based on regular wedges, Cleveland's CG15 is all the rage now, then there's the ever popular Vokeys, which I find is heavier and smaller faced, requiring a more precise hit. Callaway's got the space age looking X wedges, so too does TaylorMade with the xFT replaceable face wedge. Again, you have to try to see if they work for you, wedges are very personal. Good luck in your search.

ps. you can try the PanWest sale this weekend for cheap wedges from Callaway, they might still have the ones that rust (on purpose) going for $69 the last time they had the sale.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:24 am

robert33 wrote:
chemicalpro wrote:

Yo bro pls kindly mind your language...

Don't equate social status with behaviour...

And golf is used to be a gentlemens game rather than a game for the rich...

Thanks... Surprised

I did mind my language! But perhaps you misunderstood what I meant.

What I meant by poor I don't mean financially, I meant skill wise as in poor skills, hence the italics. Its this "joke quote" on an OCC golf calendar I saw before.

My apologies if however you read it made you think any less of me, but I'm sure GRians here can vouch when I say I'm just a harmless gentle giant Very Happy

But thanks for pointing that out anyways, gave me a chance to explain my "joke". Kinda a buzz-kill though Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost golf rain coat - MBCC   Lost golf rain coat - MBCC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost golf rain coat - MBCC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next