Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan

Go down 
+4
puteh83
ralphlim
mloy
TNRM
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan Empty
PostSubject: Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan   Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:46 pm

Anyone in here with knowledge on the above? Might be going next week.....

Would like to know where the better golf shops are and if there's anything worth buying that's golf related. Never been to Japan, so haven't got a clue.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan   Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:51 pm

TNRM wrote:
Anyone in here with knowledge on the above? Might be going next week.....

Would like to know where the better golf shops are and if there's anything worth buying that's golf related. Never been to Japan, so haven't got a clue.

Lucky you! All I know is that golf in Japan is like very very very expensive.
Golf related stuff - cute and unusual driver covers.
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan   Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:57 pm

Try Victoria Golf in Japan, I visited quite a few such outlets in TYO, not too sure about NGO though...
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan   Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 7:00 pm

better not golf there... heard my frd had a game with clients worth almost SGD300 each...lucky for him, it's paid by company...
Back to top Go down
rdchin71
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan   Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Tsuruya and Golf5 shops is probably what you will find in Nagoya, they are like 7-Eleven of golf stores. You will find some really good deals sometimes, especially if you see price tags that are "bargainable"

Ask your hotel concierge where is the nearest Tsuruya or Golf5 shop, they can surely help you out.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan   Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 10:39 pm

Is it true the PRGR is cheaper in Japan? I think almost more than 50% off the retail price in Singapore.

Can anyone verify?

PRGRs are dam chio
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

PostSubject: Re: Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan   Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:23 pm

Finally made the trip to Nagoya. Thanks to all for the tips.

rdchin71: Tsuruya is exactly like you said it, in fact it's opposite a 7-11!! Yes, there are the obvious Japan only equipment but by and large, there's nothing you can't buy in SIN and the prices here are about a 30% premium compared to back home. I was tempted by the Callaway X-Forged MD wedges but nothing more.

Having said that, the range of golf balls available was amazing. Think about it, ProV1/ProV1X were the middle of the range in terms of price. Wow!

Anyhow, today's about the only time I have to have a run around Nagoya town. Gotta get down to serious work from tomorrow till the time I return.

Once again, thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

PostSubject: Re: Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan   Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:26 pm

Gray: Didn't see any PRGR in Tsuruya so can't verify.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan   Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:25 pm

Bro, i was told that Japan is heaven for 2nd hand clubs since they prefer to buy new clubs and shun the 2nd hands.
Can't help you on the shops though...
Back to top Go down
desyjean
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan   Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:54 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
Bro, i was told that Japan is heaven for 2nd hand clubs since they prefer to buy new clubs and shun the 2nd hands.
Can't help you on the shops though...

You are spot on regarding this. You name you can find it there. Honma,PRGR, Miura, Tietlist and the list goes on. Very old clubs are cheap but newer ones are not. You can find plenty of wedges there.
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

PostSubject: Re: Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan   Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:48 pm

Thanks for the tips guys but I ended up having only 3 hours to have a wonder round on the first morning after I arrived from SIN. Spent the rest of the next 2 days locked in a meeting room with the customers hammering out a contract, working 14 hour days. Took me about 2 days to recover after I came back to SIN. Not looking forward to returning. Only things I bought were some japanese munchies at the airport for the family and secretary. Fingers crossed I have more time to shop next time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan   Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Stuff & Golfing in Nagoya, Japan
Page 1 of 1