Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In to out swing

Go down 
+2
chemicalpro
Guitar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Guitar
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

In to out swing Empty
PostSubject: In to out swing   In to out swing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:30 pm

I think i play my golf with an out to in swing - My ball always go from left to right. At best it goes straight. On the golf course, my divots always point left of my ball flight. I have no distance with my irons - my 9 iron goes 100m and my 5 iron can't even go 150m. I cannot hit a high draw ball. Anybody can advise how to hit high draw balls and the drills that can help? How do i hit an In to Out Swing?
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

In to out swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to out swing   In to out swing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:14 pm

Best answer is to see a coach my friend.

Otherwise you could try self correcting by drawing on your range mat with a piece of chalk your club path.

It could and should mess you up at first, so best is still find someone who can explain the swing to you in detail.

Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

In to out swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to out swing   In to out swing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:18 pm

U can contact my coach .. he love draw ball is the shot is teaching ..... Greg ... Green Fairways
eng neo avenue
Back to top Go down
Guitar
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

In to out swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to out swing   In to out swing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:24 pm

I have done that with 2 coaches. After the first coach's lessons, my swing became very flat - yes - I slice less, hit more straight balls, distance increased a little - but still no high draw. The 2nd coach changed many things i do - after 3 lessons, i ran away, because i can't play golf anymore. Very tempted to try out the coaches in NSRCC - saw some of the the little kids hitting real nice balls.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

In to out swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to out swing   In to out swing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:25 pm

In to out swing 110

Draw the purple line with chalk. Pardon the noobness of my MS Paint Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Guitar
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

In to out swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to out swing   In to out swing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:30 pm

Thanks bro, for the purple line - i'll do that in my next range session
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

In to out swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to out swing   In to out swing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:59 pm

Guitar wrote:
I have done that with 2 coaches. After the first coach's lessons, my swing became very flat - yes - I slice less, hit more straight balls, distance increased a little - but still no high draw. The 2nd coach changed many things i do - after 3 lessons, i ran away, because i can't play golf anymore. Very tempted to try out the coaches in NSRCC - saw some of the the little kids hitting real nice balls.
No offense Bro... To change many things in your swing is not going to be a 1 lesson job... If you are really serious about improving your game,
see a coach! I have been to the NSRCC coaches and they change alot of things in your swing...

Have a little patience especially when trying a new swing... Maybe don't go on the course for awhile till your swing is ready!!!
Golf takes paitence and passion... If you have none of those attributes... You will find Golf really frustrating...

I have changed my swing countless times over the last 15 years or so... Recently i am changing to the RSS from a LSS... Its alot of change but with alot of practice i can see that my shots
are coming back again!!!
Back to top Go down
Guitar
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

In to out swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to out swing   In to out swing I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:53 pm

JonL bro - i think you are right. The problem lies in a large part in myself. Thats why i'm hesitating finding a coach.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

In to out swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to out swing   In to out swing I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:03 pm

i had the same prob and i did the following... now my distance is like this (i only golfed for 2 years) :
62 deg : 35-50m
58 deg : 55 - 75m
52 deg : 80 - 95m
9 iron : 100m, deloft 110-115m (from 100m)
8 iron : 120 - 125m (from 110m)
7 iron : 130 - 138m (from 120m)
6 iron : 140 - 145m (from 130m)
5 iron : 150 - 155m (from cant hit)
4 iron : 160 - 165m ( from cant hit)
3 iron : above 170m (from cant hit)

i strengthened myself, deloft my irons and adopt a "side swap" swing with my right elbow close to my body. pretty much like a baseball swing.

i trained at least 5000 balls in the range in 6 months... really commited 4 times a week

i focused a lot on my swing timing, including timing my upswing and focus on striking sweet..

i changed from cast irons to blades to get more distance.. blades force me to hit the ball sweet

hope my experience helps...
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

In to out swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to out swing   In to out swing I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:23 am

Nice yardages Drew! Keep up the good work! Smile
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

In to out swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to out swing   In to out swing I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:32 am

Thanks chem...

Still need to get stronger to increase the 4&5 irons distance...

Haha
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

In to out swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to out swing   In to out swing I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:23 pm

Andrew-G,
From reading yr post, I reckon that I am using similar method. With driver, I do pretty good with a bit of draw. But irons, I struggled a fair bit, resulting fade shots and at times catch a bit too much fat.

Do you face similar problems and how you resolved them?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In to out swing Empty
PostSubject: Re: In to out swing   In to out swing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In to out swing
Page 1 of 1