Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you use your body/core muscle to leverage your swing?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

How do you use your body/core muscle to leverage your swing? Empty
PostSubject: How do you use your body/core muscle to leverage your swing?   How do you use your body/core muscle to leverage your swing? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:49 am

I am starting to use my core muscles, now my whole body aching leow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
mylim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
mylim

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your body/core muscle to leverage your swing?   How do you use your body/core muscle to leverage your swing? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:04 pm

hi seebayho.. perhaps you could try to put a towel beneath both your armpit & practice half swing..& you must not drop the towel.. this is a really good drill to make sure your arms are working together with your body..

don't be greedy to go full swing.. perhaps you have to keep doing thing for couple weeks of consistence training..

there are lots more steps.. this is one of the first few basic drill.. & i assume that you already have a correct setup with proper CG, correct grip, and good understanding about 6, 8 & 9 o'clock position for your club head.

Regards,
MY
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your body/core muscle to leverage your swing?   How do you use your body/core muscle to leverage your swing? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:35 pm

seebayho wrote:

Hey,

correct me if i am wrong, the pain your referring to is your upper body? or just your arms, shoulder & chest?

If you are experiencing pain, it is normal when you are just a beginner. However, if you have been playing regularly and have experience this discomfort, I think you should try consult a doctor, TCM or western.

Now back to your question.

How do you your body to leverage your swing?

In my approach, I was taught to used my Big Muscle to pushed my club to the proper swing plane.

By using my left hand ( No wrist action ) & shoulder & Latissimus dorsi muscle in pushing my driver or irons to the proper swing plane "My Back Swing"

click on the site Latissimus dorsi muscle.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your body/core muscle to leverage your swing?   How do you use your body/core muscle to leverage your swing? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:13 pm

mylim wrote:
hi seebayho.. perhaps you could try to put a towel beneath both your armpit & practice half swing..& you must not drop the towel.. this is a really good drill to make sure your arms are working together with your body..

don't be greedy to go full swing.. perhaps you have to keep doing thing for couple weeks of consistence training..

there are lots more steps.. this is one of the first few basic drill.. & i assume that you already have a correct setup with proper CG, correct grip, and good understanding about 6, 8 & 9 o'clock position for your club head.

Regards,
MY

Make good sense, I will try it out.
whats 6,8 & 9 position?
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your body/core muscle to leverage your swing?   How do you use your body/core muscle to leverage your swing? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:19 pm

HyBriD wrote:
seebayho wrote:

Hey,

correct me if i am wrong, the pain your referring to is your upper body? or just your arms, shoulder & chest?

If you are experiencing pain, it is normal when you are just a beginner. However, if you have been playing regularly and have experience this discomfort, I think you should try consult a doctor, TCM or western.

Now back to your question.

How do you your body to leverage your swing?

In my approach, I was taught to used my Big Muscle to pushed my club to the proper swing plane.

By using my left hand ( No wrist action ) & shoulder & Latissimus dorsi muscle in pushing my driver or irons to the proper swing plane "My Back Swing"

click on the site Latissimus dorsi muscle.

Hybrid, sounds like I have to go medical school first. Laughing
Oh yes, I just tried it. It seem that all along I am using only my shoulders and arms.
Thanks for the enlightenment! What about the downswing?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your body/core muscle to leverage your swing?   How do you use your body/core muscle to leverage your swing? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:36 pm

Its interest to see Hybrid's comments, I recently saw 2 rowing machine in Keppel's upper range deck. I was wondering why. I guess that the Chilli instructor want to help their students to train up their Latissimus dorsi muscle group and help them beef these part for more effective swing pane.

Its good to see that there instructor there does take different approach to teach help their students.
Back to top Go down
mylim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
mylim

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your body/core muscle to leverage your swing?   How do you use your body/core muscle to leverage your swing? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:55 pm

seebayho wrote:

Make good sense, I will try it out.
whats 6,8 & 9 position?

You can refer to this website for some tips.
http://www.stancecoach.com/why-the-set-up/

http://yoursimpleswing.com/Page1.html - this one explains a bit about the 6, 8 & 9 o clock position.
6 o' clock basically means your setup position with your club face aligned to the ball.
9 o' clock mean the position at your half swing & 8 o'clock means your club head moves till your right leg position and your right arm pointing straight to the ground aligning to your left foot.

Hope my explanation doesn't confuse you.

Have a nice game.

Regards,
MY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your body/core muscle to leverage your swing?   How do you use your body/core muscle to leverage your swing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1