Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Secret of Golf

Go down 
+7
Right_sided_coach
weesern
siaw8
sunny
Ssquirrel
missmoon
The Golfing Machine
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Golfing Machine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:38 pm

The Secret of Golf Mark_j10

You are viewing the Secret of Golf...
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:11 pm

huh? wakarimasen... dont understand lei...
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:15 pm

Ohh... nice...
Looks very " Down and out" ?
Any side views? '

Want to compare it with Right sided's "secret of golf" Surprised

The Secret of Golf Tigerv11
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:29 pm

missmoon wrote:

Think Justin is trying to show the flat left wrist. No flipping....
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:36 pm

sunny wrote:
missmoon wrote:

Think Justin is trying to show the flat left wrist. No flipping....

oh ok.. i dont get it cos i dont really know abt the techniques of different "secrets of golf" mahhh..
pai say~ pai say~
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:37 pm

Not easy to achieve this man!!
Back to top Go down
The Golfing Machine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:09 pm

The secret is not the flat left wrist...it is the result of the secret!
It is very evident from Paul's pics too if the red lines are not in the way.
Back to top Go down
The Golfing Machine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:09 pm

siaw8 wrote:
Not easy to achieve this man!!

If you understand how the pivot works along with right arm participation, it will come easily.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:14 pm

please explain...
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:11 pm

The Golfing Machine wrote:

Agree this is required to hit solid shots i.e. hands forward at impact, compressing the ball. The part I don't agree with is the body being so far back and behind. This body position will not work on down hill lies for example. I think it will also put alot of stress on the lower back and hips. As Ssquirrel says this looks down and out. From behind the hands will be moving out and away from the body, not as you have recommended in the TGM post with the Sergio picture and my ones of Hogan....I am a little confused. Is TGM promoting the down the line extended swing or the around the body swing???

My secret to golf is with the body more over the ball at impact (covering it), and the hands in front (Flat Left Wrist) Interested to hear your thoughts on this
The Secret of Golf Impact10The Secret of Golf Impact11
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:28 pm

Tiger Woods - Covering it
The Secret of Golf Impact12The Secret of Golf Impact13
Ben Hogan - Covering it
The Secret of Golf Hogan-10
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:32 pm

wat do u mean by covering the ball?? the centre of the body above the ball if u draw a vertical line from the ball?
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:32 pm

TGM, please elaborate on this. I'm interested to know.

From the picture, I think the critical parts are:
1. Posture. Right foot perpendicular to target line. Left foot turned a quarter turn out. Stance is slightly narrow, I presume this is more of a 9 or PW shot.
2. Head position. Head stays behind before impact, upon impact and through to full extension before coming up.
3. Left arm. Left arm, left forearm, left wrist and club is straight.
4. Left leg and body. Left leg and body is braced. More like an inverted C position.

All these, as I was taught, are old school. They originated from the Nicklaus, Watson (hope he wins!) era. I am no expert. I am a SUPER high handicapper.

As I said at the start, please elaborate. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:37 pm

weesern wrote:
wat do u mean by covering the ball?? the centre of the body above the ball if u draw a vertical line from the ball?

Precisely. The further back you are the more likely you will hit the ground first. It will also cause your wrists to flip more through impact, causing hooks, also possible to get stuck on the downswing causing blocks.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:52 pm

This is only for irons?? What about drivers?? we still try to get the centre of the body on top of the ball??? how to when we are taught to align the ball to the inside of the left foot??
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:08 am

weesern wrote:
This is only for irons?? What about drivers?? we still try to get the centre of the body on top of the ball??? how to when we are taught to align the ball to the inside of the left foot??

RSS we cover the ball with all clubs. LSS is a different story. It will be more back , behind and under. All we do different with Driver is put the ball more forward in the stance. The rest is the same. We dont try to hit the driver on the up swing as is done in the LSS, hence we tee the ball down slightly lower.
The Secret of Golf Driver10The Secret of Golf Driver11The Secret of Golf Driver12

LSS Impact
The Secret of Golf Villeg10

Both swing types work, just different ways of doing it.
Back to top Go down
The Golfing Machine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:57 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:

Agree this is required to hit solid shots i.e. hands forward at impact, compressing the ball. The part I don't agree with is the body being so far back and behind. This body position will not work on down hill lies for example. I think it will also put alot of stress on the lower back and hips. As Ssquirrel says this looks down and out. From behind the hands will be moving out and away from the body, not as you have recommended in the TGM post with the Sergio picture and my ones of Hogan....I am a little confused. Is TGM promoting the down the line extended swing or the around the body swing???

My secret to golf is with the body more over the ball at impact (covering it), and the hands in front (Flat Left Wrist) Interested to hear your thoughts on this
The Secret of Golf Impact10The Secret of Golf Impact11

Paul,

I was referring to the shaft flex that Mark James is "holding" on to and not the out to the right move, notwithstanding the body angles - which I totally agree with you is a chiropractor's night mare!
I believe a large number of RSS players have this as well very notably one Rod Pampling. This is a sign of proper, positive and even acceleration via the pivot or hands depending on the procedure being employed.
If the shaft end of the club stops being accelerated approaching impact as do a large number of high handicappers, then shaft flex will cease with the clubhead end of club overtaking the hands.

To answer the Sergio, Hogan vs Mark James debate...perhaps it may be easier for those who have not read the book to see it not as a method or system but rather as an encyclopedia.
It merely outlines ALL that can happen in a golf swing whether good or bad.

I can "classify" the following players as TGM:

1) Jim Furyk
2) Tiger Woods
3) Lam Chih Bing

In all my years of TGM studies (since 2002) along with Homer Kelley's audios and videos, not once did he claim to have a proprietary TGM swing.
There is no such animal. It is merely an encyclopedia that doesn't claim to have discovered anything new. Its just one man's scientific observation of the golf swing period. Smile

If anyone comes along under the TGM banner preaching a "one best way", then he is a false prophet... lol!

Obviously, its a mind numbingly painful read at the start, but once the individual parts of the book are understood, then light will shine on one's path and then one's personal pattern can be assembled.

Personally, I am of the RSS school of thought although I echo what you say that LSS is not wrong either, just a matter of preference and efficiency.

The very best ball strikers in the world:

1) Have their spine more vertical over the ball (cover)
2) Hold shaft flex, and
3) Keep the arms packed in close to the body and cut the arms left past impact to maintain shaft flex.

For players serious about improving their games, I think a visit to Paul should be part of that plan (Right_sided_coach)

Last edited by The Golfing Machine on Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Golfing Machine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:01 pm

rocky wrote:

TGM, please elaborate on this. I'm interested to know.

From the picture, I think the critical parts are:
1. Posture. Right foot perpendicular to target line. Left foot turned a quarter turn out. Stance is slightly narrow, I presume this is more of a 9 or PW shot.
2. Head position. Head stays behind before impact, upon impact and through to full extension before coming up.
3. Left arm. Left arm, left forearm, left wrist and club is straight.
4. Left leg and body. Left leg and body is braced. More like an inverted C position.

All these, as I was taught, are old school. They originated from the Nicklaus, Watson (hope he wins!) era. I am no expert. I am a SUPER high handicapper.

As I said at the start, please elaborate. Thanks.

Hi Rocky,

You got #3 correct. However there is more...

1) Mark James holds the shaft flex very well indicating proper acceleration
2) At follow through, the butt end of the shaft is pointed towards the belly button ( or the dan tian in chinese martial arts speak)

Whatever the rest Mark is doing is totally irrelevant...Smile
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:25 pm

where can I get the book to read??
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:50 pm

weesern wrote:

I can lend you mine Smile
Back to top Go down
The Golfing Machine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:24 pm

weesern wrote:

You can purchase it from www.amazon.com
But be forewarned, its not recommended for the faint hearted.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:38 pm

SS, can I borrow from you first to see if its too difficult to read??
Back to top Go down
The Golfing Machine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:49 pm

weesern wrote:
SS, can I borrow from you first to see if its too difficult to read??

PM me, I will send you a sample page.
Back to top Go down
The Golfing Machine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:50 pm

More secrets...!

Again, notice the packed in arms, butt of the club pointing at the dan tian and the blade of the club square to the spine.

The Secret of Golf Scan0010
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:15 pm

Personally, I am of the RSS school of thought although I echo what you say that LSS is not wrong either, just a matter of preference and efficiency.

The very best ball strikers in the world:

1) Have their spine more vertical over the ball (cover)
2) Hold shaft flex, and
3) Keep the arms packed in close to the body and cut the arms left past impact to maintain shaft flex.

For players serious about improving their games, I think a visit to Paul should be part of that plan (Right_sided_coach)

My friend,

You are a very interesting character. You talk about TGM but ask people to see Paul about RSS? So are you pro-TGM or pro-RSS? I'm confused.

The reason why I was interested in your article in the first place was because I thought that what you talk about is consistent with what my coach talks about.

And you mentioned about the world's best ball strikers. May I know who you are referring to? I have read many books and articles about the best ball strikers but their focus are not the same as what you have described. What I mean is that Ben Hogan's focus and Moe Norman's focus are different. So are Tiger Wood's and Jack Nicklaus.

I really hope you could elaborate more on your topic. This really got my attention and I would really like to know more.

Paul: Sorry but I am not playing down RSS. On the contrary I think RSS is a fantastically simple and effective swing. It's just that I haven't got a chance to read more about it. In fact, if there are articles on RSS that you could point me to, I would be glad to read them on my own. Thanks.

Last of all, thanks to all the Golfing Gurus here for the input.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Secret of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret of Golf   The Secret of Golf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Secret of Golf
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next