Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keegan Bradley secret to Success...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

Keegan Bradley secret to Success... Empty
PostSubject: Keegan Bradley secret to Success...   Keegan Bradley secret to Success... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:49 pm

Bradley's secret? Losing bets to Phil

Before arriving at the Cadillac Championship, Keegan Bradley played two practice rounds at Augusta National in preparation for his first Masters. Phil Mickelson, who's become his mentor on the PGA tour, burned a hole in his wallet. And not for the first time. But Bradley looks at his losses as investments. Losing a few thousand to make a lot of thousands. Saturday, while Mickelson was turning in a disappointing third-round 71 to fall into a tie for 42nd, Bradley, the reigning PGA champion, finds himself in the final group at Doral on Sunday after shooting an impressive six-under par 66. "I seem to go play with Phil, he gives me a good beating and I play really well the week after," Bradley joked. "It seems to work out. It's more intense playing against Phil in a match than it is out here. I don't know why. "And it seems to relax me in some way or make me feel more comfortable. I seem to play good golf." Bradley will play alongside Bubba Watson, who backed up his second-round 62 -- which was one off the course record -- with a five-under-par 67 that included three bogeys. Watson's taking a three-shot lead into the final round and, befitting the kind of edgy character he is, concedes that he'll be jittery when he gets to the first tee. "If anybody says they are not nervous going into Sunday (with a chance to win) they are just lying to you," the three-time tour winner said. "Their psychologist is telling them to lie to themselves. "I'm trying to man up and play good and if I can shoot another good score in the 60s and somebody beats me, they beat me. I go home happy. I can't be mad about that." Tiger Woods, meanwhile, couldn't be mad -- he shot a second straight round of 68 -- but he left the course knowing he could've gone much deeper and given himself a realistic shot at winning his first official PGA tour event since 2009. He'll need to shoot another Sunday 62, like he did last week at the Honda Classic, and then need a lot of choking from the seven players above him on the leader board. Woods started the third round with three straight birdies, then added another birdie on the sixth, but he bogeyed two par fives, which was like losing two shots to the field given how easy the holes played on a benign Saturday. "The winning score is probably going to be in the 20s (under par) so you're going to have to take care of those par fives," he bemoaned. Rory McIlroy didn't take care of the benign par fives on the outward nine, yet still shot six under par. After a lackluster opening to the tournament, the newly minted world No. 1 brought his A game on Saturday and was nine-under par through 12 holes and thinking about shooting golf's mythical score, 59. "Yeah, of course, you're thinking four (birdies) of the last six, and here we go," he said. A bogey on the 14th, however, took the wind from his sails. "Made bogey there, which really stopped my momentum. Just couldn't get it back after that," he said. "I never thought I would stand up here and say I'm disappointed with seven-under but today is definitely one of those days." Bradley credits working on his wedge game with his consistency so far this year. After winning twice in his rookie season, he's cashed a check every time out so far this year. "If I was a D wedge player, I'm a B-plus now. It's dramatically improved," he said. "I think that's the reason why I'm seeing myself in contention. If I don't have a perfect ball-striking day, I can still shoot three-under like I did in the first round in the wind." Again, he credits Mickelson for inspiring him to improve his short game. "It's annoying, but I'm amazed at how often he can get it up and down," Bradley said. "I want to be like that, and he was my inspiration to do it. I just realized how far behind I was." Clearly, he's a quick study which bodes well for Sunday.

source page
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Keegan Bradley secret to Success...   Keegan Bradley secret to Success... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:13 pm

So the secret is out.....betting makes you a better golfer!!!

Haha
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Keegan Bradley secret to Success...   Keegan Bradley secret to Success... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Personally, I don't really like him. Always throwing club. I was happy to see him not in contention during WGC hahaha
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Keegan Bradley secret to Success...   Keegan Bradley secret to Success... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:23 pm

But he quite solid....good mental strength. Remembered he came back from behind to win a PGA tournament. And here, again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keegan Bradley secret to Success...   Keegan Bradley secret to Success... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keegan Bradley secret to Success...
Page 1 of 1