Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scientists find the key to golfing success

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Scientists find the key to golfing success Empty
PostSubject: Scientists find the key to golfing success   Scientists find the key to golfing success I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:23 pm

So with this, all settled liao....we can now play like Pro ( or is it? )....I also think that wearing a super telescope to ensure seeing the right spot might also help....check the below out:

Quote :
London, England (CNN) -- It's one of the oldest adages in golf: you drive for show and putt for dough.

Tiger Woods agrees. The world number one blamed his lack of success on the greens at St. Andrews for his failure to win a 15th major title at the recent British Open.

"This was one of my worst weeks for putting," moaned Tiger, who said he felt the ball was "on a string" with his longer shots from tee to green, but he could not capitalize where it counted.

Perhaps the American should have had a quick lesson from researchers at Exeter University in south-west England.

They claim to have invented a technique known as the "Quiet Eye" which can help golfers of all abilities -- even Tiger and his professional counterparts -- to trim a few shots from their score.

Studies by staff from the university's School of Sport and Health Sciences have shown that focusing your eye on exactly the right spot at the right time can be vital to success in sinking the ball into the hole.

Samuel Vine, who led the research, told CNN: "Putting is a hugely important part of golf, accounting for around 45 percent of the shots taken in an average round.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Scientists find the key to golfing success   Scientists find the key to golfing success I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:11 pm

The "key" wasnt elaborated leh!!
Back to top Go down
oned10t
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
oned10t

PostSubject: Re: Scientists find the key to golfing success   Scientists find the key to golfing success I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:25 pm

ya lor so now focus on the ball or at the hole? scratch
Back to top Go down
brianpan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
brianpan

PostSubject: Re: Scientists find the key to golfing success   Scientists find the key to golfing success I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:58 pm

Hmmm....focusing right spot at right time....abit hard leh especially if there's a good looking babe around on the course or at the range...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scientists find the key to golfing success   Scientists find the key to golfing success I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scientists find the key to golfing success
Page 1 of 1