Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MarketPlace Suggestion

Go down 
+7
sunny
S70B
nientsu
ghoonk
hardrock
helmeahmad
TheFocalPoint
11 posters
AuthorMessage
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

MarketPlace Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:05 pm

Good Day and Happy New Year (to those who celebrate it). May i suggest something in the 'Marketplace' threads (WTS/WTB) that a few of my other forums implement to rid irritating pesky nothing-else-to-do sorta people from adding their no cents worth comments to others' For Sale thread.

I suggest that no replies should be allowed to one's WTS/WTB posting.

This will prevent Sale threads from going off topic, and keep the objective of the author protected. If for no other reason, read the 1st paragraph again.

I hope the mods will seriously consider this. OK, as I am guilty of adding to others' thread myself, I'll go look for all my nonsense posts and delete them. Apologies in advance to anyone.
Back to top Go down
helmeahmad
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:18 pm

Good suggestion bro.
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:20 pm

bro u r following Subaru club way is it.. but is it a gd idea
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:25 pm

I feel the same way. Interested parties can contact the seller directly. Usual caveat emptor applies
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:43 pm

Then wat happens if you wanna 'UPZ' the post? With the regular postings,its not surprising to see your 'For Sale' post getting buried under new postings after like half a day.

However, this could work if there are proper segregations by 'item type' in the market place.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:15 pm

hardrock wrote:
bro u r following Subaru club way is it.. but is it a gd idea

Even fit Jazz Forum is like that. I think it's very much better.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:16 pm

nientsu wrote:
Then wat happens if you wanna 'UPZ' the post? With the regular postings,its not surprising to see your 'For Sale' post getting buried under new postings after like half a day.

However, this could work if there are proper segregations by 'item type' in the market place.

Like i said, only the Author can UPZ or update the post. Isn't this better?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:02 am

We can consider locking every sales thread when posted but it will deter sales to newbies who don't have the minimum number of postings to pm or start threads.

The mod team has considered all sorts of suggestions before. If it hasn't been mentioned, forumotion platform has limitations whereby segregation of sale threads from others require full rewriting of the software.

As such, we ask that all members follow the marketplace rules. Time and again, nonsense and irrelevant posts will appear in sale threads or subtle 'price reduced', 'anyone interested' etc will appear to bring up their threads. We have been lenient with most but imagine 20 posters doing that then the latest topics will be nothing but a free classifieds listing.

Amending your thread as 'sold' and then relisting them again in new threads is also a no-no. Flouting this rule will result in a ban of the user.

There is no pleasing everyone. If we do it diiligiently and delete away all irrelevant posts, we are considered to be 'too hard handed'. If we relax the rules a little, we are considered on being too 'lax'.

We urge users to be considerate meeting all rules when starting sale threads. We take this opportunity to remind everyone that sale threads without pics will be deleted. If you are not ready to post pictures, do not start threads.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:04 am

So in other words, can't do anything about it la....
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:24 am

That, you have to wait for Sunny to settle into his new job before he gets his hands dirty on trying to re-write the software.

Meantime, thats what those rules were for to keep things ard here in check.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:52 am

hi all,

i am rather busy these couple of months and any programming stuff would have to wait.

But meanwhile, let's try not to chat on the marketplace threads and only ask questions or answers pertaining to the sale/trade.

We are trying to cut a bit of slack there and in fact the entire forum and rely more on the goodwill of our forum members to keep the forum running smoothly.

Please do help us out with regards to this.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:57 am

remember that it is the members that run the forum, not the management.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 4:07 pm

Then can we request to lock a thread once we have posted something for sale?
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:42 pm

Please note that this a free posting and you have so many request.
No adver fees. In this world, you can't please everyone.
If u can endure a bit with the OT, please do it.
Remember, this forum don't charge and it's non profitable.
I have sold items here and don't mind what others post in my thread as long as my items
are sold.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:05 pm

I just suggested something that other forums have been SUCCESSFUL at doing, and am trying to bring Best Practices to this place. I'm sorry to have to endure verbal diarrhoea about how this place is FREE blah blah blah blah blah blah...
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Another "verbal diarrhoea". I have a suggestion. You can post your items at ebay, its basically selling and buying, but they do charge commision.
I also had people taking abt the items that i am selling this and that. Just let them be, the ulter motive is to sell your items.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:33 pm

FP, yes, we do lock threads after items have been sold. Also, I will start making it a point to clean up BST threads of irrelevant posts.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:28 am

Guys, please stay on topic. I will be cleaning this thread up in a couple of minutes.
Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
cristel

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 8:56 pm

agree... in just afew hours ago, i just saw another new comer trying to increase his post, hence posting everywhere in marketplace to ask seller the price. Obviously, he is not keen with the items...

we can also start with minimum post to see the posts in market? or even post reply in market??
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:50 pm

We don't wish to restrict ppl from buying. Actually no matter what, ppk will break rules. But we just make the min post so that those who break rules are easily spotted by everyone.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 7:12 am

But locking the thread also no good leh.

Say someone want to sell a bag for $200 and golf direct only selling for $180. I am always thankful to those forumners who post info letting us know that golf direct selling cheaper. Can keep some sellers in check. Isnt this what the internet is for. Market competitivensss through info access.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 3:16 pm

We don't normally lock threads. It doesn't benefit anybody. Most locked threads are closed. We don't want it to turn into a chitchat thread to bump it up unnecessary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MarketPlace Suggestion   MarketPlace Suggestion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MarketPlace Suggestion
Page 1 of 1