Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feel like stopping golf

Go down 
+13
Khorkar
siaw8
Gray
benhogan
mervyntan
Duval_S
Kopi Towkay
Lamts18
4dtoto
jessicasukhita
Uncle Lau
mUAr_cHEe
jaketang
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

Feel like stopping golf Empty
PostSubject: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:36 pm

sigh~~

sort of feeling abit "tired" and "disinterest" in golf recently. Not sure if it is due to lack of games (haven touch my clubs for close to 3 weeks) or is it the "lost" feeling in golf. (not sure how to improve)

seems like this is the 1st time that i do not even make an effort to go range. Sad

but funny thing is that i still watch the open and even borrow books from library (of course everything on golf)

hope my "fire" for golf will re-ignite and burn fiercer.....SOON.....
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:40 pm

whats in your bag?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:42 pm

Bro you must play with me lah !!!!! after you see me do gardening and not playing golf on the course, you tell yourself " YES THERE IS HOPE IN ME ! JUST LOOK AT THAT SUCKER PLAY GOLF ! "

Have Faith bro ! Have Faith !

Beer

Last edited by Uncle Lau on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jessicasukhita
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jessicasukhita

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:43 pm

maybe you can travel overseas to play a few games!
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:45 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
whats in your bag?

bro, wat u mean? u mean my clubs?

UL wrote:
Bro you must play with me lah !!!!! after seen me did gardening on the course, you tell yourself " YES THERE IS HOPE IN ME ! JUST LOOK AT THAT SUCKER PLAY GOLF ! "

Have Faith bro ! Have Faith !

uncle, how to? u too busy liao...plus u juz got 12th okay? sure got standard wan... i feel i kana fake by you too... (what kind of beginner? hahaha buaya ba)
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:45 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
whats in your bag?

MC, are you aiming anything in the bag , just in case Bro jaketang want to sell.. Very Happy

Cheer up Bro Jake tang, there is hope, dun dispair, welcome to golf, always up and down. See somemore you have encouragement from a lady and the face smiling at you.
hehe
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:46 pm

jessicasukhita wrote:

juz play in bkk 3 weeks ago..

tmr goin to palm springs (this is booked a month ago)

after tht i think i sort of lose abit of interest... Sad
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:47 pm

4dtoto, MC won't be interest wan la... mine is a semi-beginner set... moreover only bro lamts18 might be interested but his sets are much better then mine.. ( i m a leftie)
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:48 pm

chey...
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:51 pm

hahahahaha..
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Cheer up and dont worry too much.... i was in your state too for a while when members of this forum pull me out of it.... had a couple of games when everything was bad and thought i have no talent and want to give it all up.... a good shot, a nice chip in and we back at it the next day.. be patient and enjoy the journey of golf, the walk with friends, the bets, the mulligans and what not..... having a sound basic knowledge and i learned a lot here.. will help you .. going to see a golf pro to help you is very useful.. i can see your interest is still there..
As a Top Asian Tour player said to me.. " each of us have a way to swing and we have to find our own swing"
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:52 pm

jaketang wrote:
jessicasukhita wrote:

WHOA WHOA WHOA...bkk.....you mean BANGKOK?????
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:53 pm

Yo bro Jaketang, i didn't buaya hor, i played my normal game and i just got a bit lucky as i make the cut out of 38 "C" div. players lor. Guess it was 4dtoto and his coolness that make me focus and play. He encourage me not to give up as his drive WILL always 10m to 30m ahead of me....i must just enjoy and play.

Thanks to mario for being so quiet on the course so i could focus....

Have a game with us and you will enjoy golf as you remember the last BEST game !

Beer
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:56 pm

Actually, you also need to ask yourself why you play golf..meet new pple, enjoy the sun, the grass, gambling, win money from friends, challenge yourself to the limit for low score,
destress, meet boyfriend, meet girlfriend, enjoy company with XMM, mistress..etc etc..

Maybe once you figure out the answer, go for it and you will enjoy the game more...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:57 pm

Bro Jake, Alamak....very sad to hear and know your state of cpndition. Remember there is a a bright side to most things....the way I comfort myself when I get into such state where I don want to practise is that I wont be wasting my good shots on the range...save them for actual games....hahah

Cheer up.... hope the urge comes back.....
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:58 pm

I also want to give up golf... and hope some nice gal will smile at me... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Maybe can ask when she is going oversea to play, can i join the flight ??
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:02 pm

4dtoto wrote:

You also giving up golf?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
4dtoto wrote:

You also giving up golf?? Very Happy

Yalor, feel like .... Sad
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
Cheer up and dont worry too much.... i was in your state too for a while when members of this forum pull me out of it.... had a couple of games when everything was bad and thought i have no talent and want to give it all up.... a good shot, a nice chip in and we back at it the next day.. be patient and enjoy the journey of golf, the walk with friends, the bets, the mulligans and what not..... having a sound basic knowledge and i learned a lot here.. will help you .. going to see a golf pro to help you is very useful.. i can see your interest is still there..
As a Top Asian Tour player said to me.. " each of us have a way to swing and we have to find our own swing"

thanks bro.. will try....
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:05 pm

Kopi Towkay wrote:
jaketang wrote:
jessicasukhita wrote:

WHOA WHOA WHOA...bkk.....you mean BANGKOK?????

yup... i need to go there once every 2 months and will fit in a game...

play with the locals where i know them thru internet (Hi 5)
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:06 pm

4dtoto wrote:
Actually, you also need to ask yourself why you play golf..meet new pple, enjoy the sun, the grass, gambling, win money from friends, challenge yourself to the limit for low score,
destress, meet boyfriend, meet girlfriend, enjoy company with XMM, mistress..etc etc..

Maybe once you figure out the answer, go for it and you will enjoy the game more...

errr not sure leh... i very hard on myself... more of challenge myself for low score...
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Bro Jake, Alamak....very sad to hear and know your state of cpndition. Remember there is a a bright side to most things....the way I comfort myself when I get into such state where I don want to practise is that I wont be wasting my good shots on the range...save them for actual games....hahah

Cheer up.... hope the urge comes back.....

lolz... tx....

i always believe we shld be able to do it both on the range n golf course... no short cut, no lucky shot...
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:11 pm

jaketang wrote:
4dtoto wrote:

errr not sure leh... i very hard on myself... more of challenge myself for low score...

Good, than you will need to work out your target for the score you want to achieve. Step by step and be realistic...There is no way you are going to cut from score of 100 to 80 in one month. figure out which part of the game need improvement and work it out from there, cutting stroke by stroke
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:12 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
I also want to give up golf... and hope some nice gal will smile at me... Embarassed

That Traffic Policewoman Aunty Mary smilling at you leh !

Superman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feel like stopping golf   Feel like stopping golf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feel like stopping golf
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next